Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• Saori's attack percentage is not high even in the NT. Raba's reception looks good at WGP so maybe Raba can be a starter instead of Saori or is it too much for GS to start with Raba and Neriman on the court at the same time ? Poor Saori :whistling:

Saori's attack percentage was not high even in the Japanese league. It was about 37% almost every season. I think there are ample opportunities for Raba.

• I don't think there are chances for Rabadzieva over Saori.. Gala transfered Saori knowing that she is not a good attacker, especially not when not playing with her Japan team.. so they need her for reception and defence - the same role Molnar had last year only she did not accomplish as she was expected.. They have Montano and Neriman for the scoring and MB also.. But I see another problem there.. with mediocre MB you can't succeed, not only blocking but attack.. They need Stefana as a thread at the net so that Neriman, Saori and Montano can attack 1 on 1.. we'll see.. But the best decision would be Gamze as setter and Veljkovic in court

• I don't think there are chances for Rabadzieva over Saori.. Gala transfered Saori knowing that she is not a good attacker, especially not when not playing with her Japan team.. so they need her for reception and defence - the same role Molnar had last year only she did not accomplish as she was expected.. They have Montano and Neriman for the scoring and MB also.. But I see another problem there.. with mediocre MB you can't succeed, not only blocking but attack.. They need Stefana as a thread at the net so that Neriman, Saori and Montano can attack 1 on 1.. we'll see.. But the best decision would be Gamze as setter and Veljkovic in court

Totally agree, but it's Barbolini, so unfortunately more probably is Lo Bianco as starter and Veljkovic only for CL and maybe few league matches :S

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

i hope Barbolini will dare to do that.

• Well I do too because the setter can be the best in world but if the other team knows MB are not a threat, what can Lo Bianco do? Give the OPP and OH perfect quick balls? Not gonna work so better Gamze who is not a bad setter so they can play bigger variety of attacks

I don't know why everyone keep talking shit about Barbolini :) I guess I missed that part but to me, I liked his decisions in the national team so far. He started with Büşra and Ergül when Bahar played bad or he used Aslı against Algeria in whole game. The only thing that I didnt understand was, he never used Neriman. She would be a great support when Seda was doing bad in some periods. My idea is Neriman is still injured and he didnt want to risk her since he will need her in Galatasaray.

When it comes to our real subject, Galatasaray; I don't think he will give up on Leo. Last year she was injured in several matches and Gamze did an OK job. The main problem with her was her sets were quite low especially for Calderon. I guess she was quite excited otherwise I'm sure she can set high if she likes. On the other hand last year Galatasaray had great troubles in blocking because Leo is really short. I'm somehow sure that we will see Gamze more often in the game this year but expecting her to be in starting 6 is quite optimistic. I also don't think that it will be fair to sub Aslı or Ergül. I'm sure Veljkovic is 3 times better than both but I think Aslı and Ergül will be enough in Turkish league except 2 matches against Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı.

Btw, teams were allowed to have 4 foreigners in match squad but 3 on court right? :dance4:

• I don't know why everyone keep talking shit about Barbolini :) I guess I missed that part but to me, I liked his decisions in the national team so far. He started with Büşra and Ergül when Bahar played bad or he used Aslı against Algeria in whole game. The only thing that I didnt understand was, he never used Neriman. She would be a great support when Seda was doing bad in some periods. My idea is Neriman is still injured and he didnt want to risk her since he will need her in Galatasaray.

When it comes to our real subject, Galatasaray; I don't think he will give up on Leo. Last year she was injured in several matches and Gamze did an OK job. The main problem with her was her sets were quite low especially for Calderon. I guess she was quite excited otherwise I'm sure she can set high if she likes. On the other hand last year Galatasaray had great troubles in blocking because Leo is really short. I'm somehow sure that we will see Gamze more often in the game this year but expecting her to be in starting 6 is quite optimistic. I also don't think that it will be fair to sub Aslı or Ergül. I'm sure Veljkovic is 3 times better than both but I think Aslı and Ergül will be enough in Turkish league except 2 matches against Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı.

Btw, teams were allowed to have 4 foreigners in match squad but 3 on court right? :dance4:

Well I don't think any of the top 4 teams cares about other than the top 4 teams.. maybe in interviews yes they say theother team is a really good etc. but they only care when they play against each other.... so fair or not fair I can't see how playing without Vejkovic against lower ranked teams and Leo as a setter will prepare the team to play against bigger rivals with another setter?
    And no - 3 is the limit

• I think the setter choice totally depends on Gamze's harmony with Saori since Montano and Neriman are not setter dependent spikers. Also Aslı's performance is important. She did good job in a weak club but we don't know how she can perform in a top team. If she has disappointing performance, Barbolini will have to let Gamze and Veljkoviç play.

Indeed, I am more curious about how often Rabazhieva will be able to play :whistle:

• I think the setter choice totally depends on Gamze's harmony with Saori since Montano and Neriman are not setter dependent spikers. Also Aslı's performance is important. She did good job in a weak club but we don't know how she can perform in a top team. If she has disappointing performance, Barbolini will have to let Gamze and Veljkoviç play.

Indeed, I am more curious about how often Rabazhieva will be able to play :whistle:

I agree on most but I'm not entirely sure about the harmony issue. Calderon had troubles to spike when Gamze was setting last year. I'm sure she is more experienced now than before but still Neriman and Montano's performances will decrease if she sets as last year. About Veljkoviç, I agree. IMO, Galatasaray's starting six should be: Gamze-Montano, Saori-Neriman, Veljkoviç-Ergül and Nursevil, Ezgi and Aslı should get into the game when needed in Turkish league.

For CEV, I would sub Leo and Rabadzhieva instead of Nursevil. Rabadzhieva surprised me in WGP and Bulgaria didnt really face easy opponents. So I'm sure we will see her more often in court than Neriman in CEV considering that Neriman has a mysterious injury.

Hope Galatasaray will be able to beat Eczacıbaşı or Vakıfbank this season because last year was boring to watch :box:

• Ah! Another issue: the liberos. I don't have much to say about Gulden, she is awesome. But Gizem dissappointed me in WGP. I read that she has an injury and I'm sure that will affect to her club performance as well. Galatasaray's libero Nihan?! I didn't really watch her that much but the season that Fenerbahce won champions league, she was the best libero which means she has good material. Was she injured last season? Another thing is, how much the libero quality will determine results in Turkish league? For Galatasaray it will be important since Neriman, Rabadzhieva are not good receivers. Last season Sano assisted well but this season will Nihan be enough? :read: Oh or do you think they will transfer a new libero? Wish Castillo was in Turkey :whistle:

• Vakıfbank and Eczacibasi made a diffrence with their liberos (Gulden & Gizem) to other teams.Gulden is the best libero of turkish volleyball history and after Gizem's big progress with Guidetti also Vakıfbank moved one step ahead but she disappoints me every year after showing great performance in club,her performance in NT is really insufficient.Nihan is mediocre reciever but she is really good digger if you can put two good reciever OH beside her (For example Fenerbahce Universal 2011) she can contribute a lot to team but if you don't she is capable to do 7-8 reception errors against good server teams and i don't think Galatasaray's reception zone (Neriman,Saori and Raba) will fit her so i expect the same reception problem for Galatasaray.Fenerbahce's liberos also going to be the weakest part of the team.Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı bring the most talented young liberos to their squads (Eczaci got Dilara (94) and Buse(92)/Vakıfbank got Hatice Gizem (93) and Dilek(95)) and they don't wanna sell them to their biggest rivals,they prefer to hire them so Galatasaray and Fenerbahce still have problems in libero position.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Ah! Another issue: the liberos. I don't have much to say about Gulden, she is awesome. But Gizem dissappointed me in WGP. I read that she has an injury and I'm sure that will affect to her club performance as well. Galatasaray's libero Nihan?! I didn't really watch her that much but the season that Fenerbahce won champions league, she was the best libero which means she has good material. Was she injured last season? Another thing is, how much the libero quality will determine results in Turkish league? For Galatasaray it will be important since Neriman, Rabadzhieva are not good receivers. Last season Sano assisted well but this season will Nihan be enough? :read: Oh or do you think they will transfer a new libero? Wish Castillo was in Turkey :whistle:

Nihan is very overrated player and only reason why she was in NT for a long time was Chiappini and his weird choices (I still can't believe that Pelin was our starter setter in NT for a long time :wall: )

Normally good libero can make a big difference in a team and she can upgrade teams performance as we see with Castillo or many Italian liberos. However, it is almost impossible to keep a foreign libero in roster in the presence of 3 foreigner rule (If it was at least 3+1, foreign libero might be used with a foreign MB). In order to have the luxury to have a foreigner libero, a club must have both local setter and opposite. Among top 4 teams, there is no such team (indeed there is not much setter and opp though. It might be possible if one club manage to sign with both Neslihan and Naz together) In GS's case, it is worse since they have both foreign setter and opp :S Thus, they have to have local libero.

Among experienced players we have only 1 top libero (Gülden) and 1 good libero (Gizem). There are some mediocre liberos such as Nihan Güneyligil and Funda Bilgi, too. Among younger generations;

1990-1991

Unfortunately we don't have good liberos from this generation. Serpil Ersarı, Seval Yılmaz, Bahanur Şahin and Şebnem Simge Aköz are very mediocre players.

1992-1993

This generation has two talented liberos Buse Kayacan and Gizem Örge. Both has played as starter libero in A1 clubs since they were young so they are experienced too. However, this two will be back-up liberos in Eczacıbaşı (Buse Kayacan) and Vakıfbank (Gizem Örge)

1994-1995

From this generation, again Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank have best liberos, repectively, Dilara Bağcı and Dilek Kınık. Especially Dilara is very talented digger and a decent receiver. I totally believe that she is capable to play in both FB and GS as starter libero. Yet, as expected, both Dilara and Dilek is not loaned to their biggest rivals :whistle: Except this two, GS have two other promising liberos; Didem Marangoz and Bihter Dumanoğlu, which can be good options in following years. Not only GS but also FB will have some troubles at libero position since both Derya Çayırgan and Merve Dalbeler are not special players :down:

• When starts turkish league?

• When starts turkish league?

Sorry for the late answer but schedules are set this week. The league will start: 20th October 2013. The games for the first week are:

Beşiktaş – Eczacıbaşı VitrA
    Bursa Büyükşehir Bld. – Sarıyer Bld.
    Ereğli Bld. – Fenerbahçe
    İlbank – Halkbank
    Bakırköy Bld. Yeşilyurt – Galatasaray Daikin
    VakıfBank – Çanakkale Bld.

• Bulgarian OH Desislava Nikolova signed for Halkbank 10 days ago.. Update please :teach:

• Super Cup

VakıfBank – Eczacıbaşı VitrA

Date: 2 October 2013 Wednesday / 18.00 (Local Time)

Place : Ankara Baskent Voleybol Salonu

TV: Smart Spor - Voleyboltv.com

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Galatasaray for their football team applied to some sort of a court so that their EU citizen players can play as local players. Today in the news I saw that Turkish foreign minister support that decision and claimed that EU citizens should be allowed to play as local ones in Turkey. I guess sooner or later they will make a decision on that. My question is, are there any cases of such in Europe or world when it comes to volleyball? Because I guess such a decision won't be applied only to football. :whistling:

• Galatasaray for their football team applied to some sort of a court so that their EU citizen players can play as local players. Today in the news I saw that Turkish foreign minister support that decision and claimed that EU citizens should be allowed to play as local ones in Turkey. I guess sooner or later they will make a decision on that. My question is, are there any cases of such in Europe or world when it comes to volleyball? Because I guess such a decision won't be applied only to football. :whistling:

Good luck with that. They can not be local players as that would cause problems with regulations on national team level as well with players playing at an other countries national team etc...

In Football, countries already have some own regulation on what counts as own player. For example in the Premier league a home grown player counts as home player even though he is foreigner but he qualifies for the certain rules (get to the club before certain age, spent their certain years etc) So I can imagine Turkey might try to qualify for something like this with a few players but I can not see yet any sport federation changing these rules. That would have too much consequences on other rules and regulations.

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!