Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• Good luck with that. They can not be local players as that would cause problems with regulations on national team level as well with players playing at an other countries national team etc...

In Football, countries already have some own regulation on what counts as own player. For example in the Premier league a home grown player counts as home player even though he is foreigner but he qualifies for the certain rules (get to the club before certain age, spent their certain years etc) So I can imagine Turkey might try to qualify for something like this with a few players but I can not see yet any sport federation changing these rules. That would have too much consequences on other rules and regulations.

Ah! I didn't really mean local actually. They keep playing in their own nationalities but as EU citizens so they don't count as one of the foreign players. I think in Spain, football teams have such a regulation where you can only have 4 players out of EU. I'm sure if the football federation allows that it will be an example to other sports as well. :super:

• My starting 7 for my top 5 teams. I will make it for other teams later.

Vakıfbank:
    Naz Aydemir-Jovana Brakocevic
    Gözde Sonsırma-Carolina Costagrande
    Bahar Toksoy-Christiane Fürst
    Gizem Güreşen

Only Glinka is missing from last year's roster and there are Costagrande and Nikolic now. Even though Costagrande didn't show a convincing performance in NT this summer, I expect from her a better performance. I don't think that Nikolic will be starter against strong teams in first half of the season but in second half and playoffs she can replace Costagrande.

Eczacıbaşı Vitra:
    Özge Çemberci-Neslihan Darnel
    Yimei Wang-Esra Gümüş
    Maja Poljak-Christa Harmotto
    Gülden Kuzubaşıoğlu

Özge didn't have a good season last year and lost her starting position to Asuman but from what I had seen in ECH, she seems to be in a better shape now. Whenever she entered, she played very well in ECH. On the other hand, Hanke lost her starting position to Weiss during the summer and I don't think that wasting a foreigner spot for her won't make a change for Eczacıbaşı in a positive way. Poljak-Harmotto duo attract me too! :cheesy: As for foreign OH, I choose Wang. She is more powerful than Senna and a bigger potential for OH contributing. Esra and Gülden can handle with the reception.

Fenerbahçe:
    Nilay Özdemir-Seda Tokatlıoğlu
    Fernanda Garay-Yeon Kim
    Eda Erdem-Christina Bauer
    Merve Dalbeler

Seda had had a good season with NT and I think she will be more useful for Fenerbahce as OPP. I trust Nilay at setter position. Alisha is a great setter but dreaming about Eda-Bauer duo :win: No comment for OH duo. :white:

Galatasaray Daikin:
    Leo Lo Bianco-Madelaynne Montano
    Neriman Özsoy-Saori Kimura
    Ergül Avcı-Aslı Kalaç
    Nihan Güneyligil

Gamze can be an option for league to play with Veljkovic but Leo is such an experienced and important player for Galatasaray. I am sure the team will perform very well with her. Montano is an amazing OPP and Neriman-Saori duo completes each other's weakness. Neriman's attacking and Saori's receiving abilities will be crucial. Ergül-Aslı duo is OK too. I am really looking forward to watching Aslı with Lo Bianco. I hope she performs well :flower:

Bursa Büyükşehir Belediyesi:
    Ana Tiemi-Kenny Moreno Pino
    Mia Jerkov-Birgül Güler
    Gözde Dal-Pınar Cankarpusat
    Aylin Sarıoğlu (?)

Their foreigners from last year stayed in the team and it is a good thing for the team. Jerkov and Ana Tiemi showed a great performance last year. This year there will be Pino as well who is such an experienced OPP. Birgül had a chance to train with NT and played in EL. I am sure she will play with different motivation this year to maitain her spot in NT. Gözde was of one the best Turkish middle in the league last year and I am pretty sure she will contribute a lot as well. About libero position, I hope Dilara Bağcı will stay in the team.Eczacıbaşı have Gülden and Buse at libero position and I hope they loan Dilara to Bursa.

• I hope this year the league will not be as boring as it was in the past years

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I hope this year the league will not be as boring as it was in the past years

I think this year the league will be more interesting. Apart from top 4 teams, Bursa,İlbank,Beşiktaş have good rosters. Yeşilyurt and Çanakkale can be added too. Only Ereğli and Halkbank seem weak.

• With Glass as main setter and the foreign OHs duo Fenerbahce is the strongest team. Eczacibasi is much more stronger than last season. VakifBank and Galatasaray seem weaker to me.

• Fenerbahce has the best foreign players IMO. I don't know which 3 they will use in Turkish league but if they play with Glass, Kim and Garay they will have great difficulties with their MBs. Eda has not been playing for a whole year and we don't know how her performance will be. On the other hand they don't have a good second Turkish MB. Bauer, Garay and Kim are the best options for 3 foreigners for them however Nilay is not enough either. So Fenerbahce is the weakest among top 4 IMO.
    Eczacıbaşı looks nice with Harmotto and Poljak. I think their weak points were Senna and Sokolova last season and they basically covered both. I'm sure Neslihan, Esra and Wang will be good enough.
    Vakıfbank is as usual. Costagrande is really nice but she will never be a Glinka. Gözde was terrible in attacking in the last Russia game. So most sets will go to Brakocevic and Fürst. Especially when Fürst is out, Vakıfbank will have great difficulties against teams with good blocks such as Eczacıbaşı.
    Galatasaray did really good transfers. Last year Molnar was good in reception and defense but she couldn't attack at all. So the team had to attack with Calderon and Neriman because MBs except Gioli was not good either. This year Saori is a much better attacker than Molnar and also Aslı and Ergül are better than Gioli-Sinem duo. IMO, Aslı's performance will be determining Galatasaray's position in the league. :read:

• With Glass as main setter and the foreign OHs duo Fenerbahce is the strongest team. Eczacibasi is much more stronger than last season. VakifBank and Galatasaray seem weaker to me.

In Galatasaray, Saori is a better option than Molnar for sure..though Calderon is a great attacker, Montanyo plays the game in a smarter way.On VakıfBank: without Glinka,most of the job will be undertaken by Brako.Costagrande may be beneficial for reception but she cant do attacking contribution Glinka did at crucial moments.i dont know what to expect from Nikolic.she needs some more time to be better.VB's advantage is they are keeping most of the players in the team , except Glinka and they have an established formation.

• It's quite interesting to see that most people underestimate Galatasaray this season. As Canter mentioned, Molnar --> Saori and Calderon ---> Montano changes are a big deal. This year team has two top MBs (Ergül and Aslı) as well instead of Sinem and Nilay. To me the weaker points of the team are libero and setter. I really like Lo Bianco's sets and defense but when she is in the frontline, some players spike over her block.

As most say, Fenerbahce is really strong and they will most probably win CEV. But in Turkish league with only 3 foreign players, IMO with Glass, Garay and Kim, they are not that strong. First of all they don't have high level MBs. Eda was injured for a year and she won't be the same for some time, alternative Turkish MBs of Fenerbahce are useless. Since other 3 top teams in the league have high quality MBs, I'm sure Kim and Garay won't be able to carry Fenerbahce to top 3. :mad:

• Btw, someone wrote before that both Nursevil and Bihter were loaned to another team. Is that really correct? Because Barbolini loves to use 2 liberos on court and Nihan is the only libero in that case. I also thought Gamze would be in starting six and Nursevil on bench against smaller teams.

• Since other 3 top teams in the league have high quality MBs

Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı have a great MBs, it's OK but G.saray have Veljkovic, Ergül, Aslı Kalac and Sinem Barut. Are they HQ MBs ? :what:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Btw, someone wrote before that both Nursevil and Bihter were loaned to another team. Is that really correct? Because Barbolini loves to use 2 liberos on court and Nihan is the only libero in that case. I also thought Gamze would be in starting six and Nursevil on bench against smaller teams.

Yes, it is true they both signed with Bolu Belediyespor. Also Mislina Kılıç and Ada Germen who played at youth NT are loaned to same club. I also agree with you, there is no sense to loan these players. In the presence of foreigner restriction, in some cases they might need to use 2 local setter plus 3 foreigner attacker :S Moreover, Nihan is a really inconsistent libero and there must be somebody who can replace Neriman for some rotation. Didem Marangoz who was back-up libero in Junior NT might play as second libero. ?(

• Yes, it is true they both signed with Bolu Belediyespor. Also Mislina Kılıç and Ada Germen who played at youth NT are loaned to same club. I also agree with you, there is no sense to loan these players. In the presence of foreigner restriction, in some cases they might need to use 2 local setter plus 3 foreigner attacker :S Moreover, Nihan is a really inconsistent libero and there must be somebody who can replace Neriman for some rotation. Didem Marangoz who was back-up libero in Junior NT might play as second libero. ?(

These players got double licenses, hence they can play for two clubs at the same time.

• Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı have a great MBs, it's OK but G.saray have Veljkovic, Ergül, Aslı Kalac and Sinem Barut. Are they HQ MBs ? :what:

Well, most probably Galatasaray will use Ergül-Aslı duo in the league and this duo is better than anything Fenerbahce can offer. Fenerbahce has only Eda and the rest are average MBs. Bauer won't play in the league for sure. Considering Eda's long injury, Fenerbahce has the worst MB duo among the top 4 teams anyway. :teach:

• Any links for Vakıfbank x Eczacıbaşı ? I only know this ( http://voleyboltv.com/canliyayin.php?salon_id=2 ). Is Smart Spor available on the internet ?

• Any links for Vakıfbank x Eczacıbaşı ? I only know this ( http://voleyboltv.com/canliyayin.php?salon_id=2 ). Is Smart Spor available on the internet ?

You are supposed to pay to watch Smart Spor as far as I know. I'm surprised that Voleyboltv shows the game so far :cheesy: