Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• Actually your league is quiet painfull to watch quality difference is huge between first 4 and others

I'm quite shamed! We have one of the best leagues in the world and still only 2 of the matches are broadcasted on tv. Are they really blind? Is it so difficult to promote volleyball by just showing on tv that best of Europe and World are actually playing in the Turkish league and obviously our volleyball league has much quality than our football and basketball leagues. :teach: :mad: :aww:

• My Bahar! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

• Actually your league is quiet painfull to watch quality difference is huge between first 4 and others

Maybe quality between top 4 and any other lower team, but difference between first 4 teams, as well as between lower ranked is not so big.. and can you tell me another league withe better quality? Is it Russia where the matches are so not exciting where you can fall asleep during one of the final matches or Azerbaijan who also have 3 (4 tops) high quality teams.. Brazilian league is very competitive but there are also big gaps between teams..

• Bursa BB 3 - 0 Sarıyer http://www.tvf.org.tr/Sezonlar…R_BLD.(3-0)20.10.2013.pdf
    Ereğli 0 - 3 Fenerbahçe http://www.tvf.org.tr/Sezonlar…RBAHCE(0-3)20.10.2013.pdf
    Vakıfbank 3 - 1 Çanakkale http://www.tvf.org.tr/Sezonlar…E_BLD.(3-1)20.10.2013.pdf
    İlbank 3 - 1 Halkbank
    Yeşilyurt 1 - 3 Galatasaray
    Beşiktaş 0 - 3 Eczacıbaşı

only 3 matches stats are available at the moment. :wall:

Next week

Halkbank - Bursa
    Fenerbahçe - Yeşilyurt

Eczacıbaşı - Ereğli
    Galatasaray - Vakıfbank
    Çanakkale - İlbank
    Sarıyer - Beşiktaş

• thank you :flower:

• Maybe quality between top 4 and any other lower team, but difference between first 4 teams, as well as between lower ranked is not so big.. and can you tell me another league withe better quality? Is it Russia where the matches are so not exciting where you can fall asleep during one of the final matches or Azerbaijan who also have 3 (4 tops) high quality teams.. Brazilian league is very competitive but there are also big gaps between teams..

Turkish League is more balanced than last year. With all foreigners, for sure, top 4 teams have insane roster but with only 3 foreigners, I believe Bursa BB, Beşiktaş and İller Bankası will make some surprises during season. As USAvollleyfan said, there is no league which consists of 8-10 medal contender. Don't talk about Italian league, Forli and Urbino's rosters are worse than even Turkish and Russian's bottom teams. :whistle: I think more than 5 top team who have equally good rosters is an utopia!

• I'm quite shamed! We have one of the best leagues in the world and still only 2 of the matches are broadcasted on tv. Are they really blind? Is it so difficult to promote volleyball by just showing on tv that best of Europe and World are actually playing in the Turkish league and obviously our volleyball league has much quality than our football and basketball leagues. :teach: :mad: :aww:

I totally agree with you when you say the level of the turkish league deserves a wide broadcasting. But, if the tv rights owners don't want to do so, that's because turkish people don't want to watch it, right? What really matters to TVs isn't the level of the competition but how many people want to watch their Tv shows. Maybe your soccer teams aren't in the league of spanish or german teams, while your volleyball teams are amongst the greatest in the world. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure your soccer teams have much more audience and fans than the volleyball ones. When it comes to broadcasting, it's what really matters.

Look at Vakifbank's match yesterday. Empty stand... and we are talking about the title-holder of the competition and a large city like Istanbul. There are people enough to fill Burhan Felek.
    If it was a soccer match, how many people will be there?
    Of course the league deserves a wide broadcasting but are you sure your people are really interested in?

• Soccer is probably the most popular sport in the world. Furthermore, it is a money making industry. Also the NBA, NFL and F1 are kind of industries. However, in order to sell a product you have to do advertising. In sports, the best advertising you can do is broadcasting. This is the reason why volleyball federations pass the broadcasting rights to TV channels. Thus, it is their damn job to broadcast the matches. First, Volleyball has to reach the people because they won’t wake up one morning and think let’s go to Burhan Felek. :teach:

• On top of that, the TVF is not really interested in making volleyball more popular because they are connected to the conservative government which doesn’t like to see women in shorts doing sports anyway. :down:
    I’m sure volleyball could be very, very, very popular in Turkey. :heart:

• On top of that, the TVF is not really interested in making volleyball more popular because they are connected to the conservative government which doesn’t like to see women in shorts doing sports anyway. :down:
    I’m sure volleyball could be very, very, very popular in Turkey. :heart:

Lol! Loved that :) I'm not fund of our government at all but I hope they don't really go that far! :mad:
    Anyway I agree that it's all about if people are interested. On the other hand I know that Turkish people don't watch basketball either but NTV shows most of the games as far as I know. I think it's more about what these tv channels want to give priority to. Anyway we all agree that there are 4 teams that are worth to watch and when they dont play against each other, it means watching 8 teams per week and 4 games. I guess even that will be enough. I would also like if NTV and Smartspor let Fenerbahce TV and Galatasaray TV to broadcast the games when they don't want to prioritize these two teams' games. :box:

• Today GS-VB! I hope to see a good and long match...

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I totally agree with you when you say the level of the turkish league deserves a wide broadcasting. But, if the tv rights owners don't want to do so, that's because turkish people don't want to watch it, right? What really matters to TVs isn't the level of the competition but how many people want to watch their Tv shows. Maybe your soccer teams aren't in the league of spanish or german teams, while your volleyball teams are amongst the greatest in the world. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure your soccer teams have much more audience and fans than the volleyball ones. When it comes to broadcasting, it's what really matters.

Look at Vakifbank's match yesterday. Empty stand... and we are talking about the title-holder of the competition and a large city like Istanbul. There are people enough to fill Burhan Felek.
    If it was a soccer match, how many people will be there?
    Of course the league deserves a wide broadcasting but are you sure your people are really interested in?

Just because soccer teams aren't among the greatest doesn't mean they are crap, every average soccer team has more fans than any big volleyball team. it is in nature i think majority of people like soccer/football more than any sports combined

• There is going to be a stream right?

Yes, cause NTV Spor will show it on tv

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.