Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• When Leo plays in the mational team, she is much better. She sets Gioli as much as she can and her connection with Arrighetti is very good! I see something different also in her face, sometimes when the reception is very very very bad and impossible to reach, she doesn't even try to reach the ball... I don't know... I am happy just because this one will be her last year in Turkey... I want her back in Italy!

I would not wait that long. I think they will kick Barbolini when the team loses against Eczacıbaşı and Fenerbahçe. So Leo might lose her position in the team before January. :whistle:

• I know I'm repeating myself but I think this is not Lo Bianco's choice but Barbolini's instruction. He gave the same instruction to Naz last summer. I also want to see Gamze playing but I doubt that she can play properly with this shaky reception. Moreover, Lo Bianco is like a second libero from time to time. Only Hanke can maybe beat her in terms of running. :D Also Saori Kimura's absence is very unfortunate for the club. :down: Howsoever, does any of you know when the next derby is?

I agree with you!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I know I'm repeating myself but I think this is not Lo Bianco's choice but Barbolini's instruction. He gave the same instruction to Naz last summer. I also want to see Gamze playing but I doubt that she can play properly with this shaky reception. Moreover, Lo Bianco is like a second libero from time to time. Only Hanke can maybe beat her in terms of running. :D Also Saori Kimura's absence is very unfortunate for the club. :down: Howsoever, does any of you know when the next derby is?

Vakıfbank - Fenerbahçe, next week (03.11.2013) at 17:00. But Smartspor will broadcast it so we wont be able to watch :down:

P.s. Week 4: Eczacıbaşı - Vakıfbank (07.11.2013) at 16:30. NTVspor broadcasts! Hurray :heart:

• When Leo plays in the mational team, she is much better. She sets Gioli as much as she can and her connection with Arrighetti is very good! I see something different also in her face, sometimes when the reception is very very very bad and impossible to reach, she doesn't even try to reach the ball... I don't know... I am happy just because this one will be her last year in Turkey... I want her back in Italy!

I guess you watch different matches than the rest of the world.

• I would not wait that long. I think they will kick Barbolini when the team loses against Eczacıbaşı and Fenerbahçe. So Leo might lose her position in the team before January. :whistle:

Quote from Demi Lovato

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I guess you watch different matches than the rest of the world.

I guess you are joking.

• I would not wait that long. I think they will kick Barbolini when the team loses against Eczacıbaşı and Fenerbahçe. So Leo might lose her position in the team before January. :whistle:

Do not mix up volleyball with soccer, they will wait until the end of the season. Futhermore, G. Saray has not a Naz on bench, thus I wouldn't expect miracles from Gamze. Vakifbank is the only club that has a good Turkish setter right now. Even setters like Özge and Nilay cannot satisfy the coaches. :whistle:

• I guess you are joking.

From 2007-2010 when Italy team was the best in Europe and Gioli was in her best shape, Lo Bianco played really great with her and also with Barazza and other MBs, but it seems these times are over...players get older and only very few (e.g. Turlea, Osmokrovic) can keep a good shape when they arrive in their mid-30s. It's easier for setters though...but Leo went through hard times in her life, maybe that also affected her in a negative way.

• From 2007-2010 when Italy team was the best in Europe and Gioli was in her best shape, Lo Bianco played really great with her and also with Barazza and other MBs, but it seems these times are over...players get older and only very few (e.g. Turlea, Osmokrovic) can keep a good shape when they arrive in their mid-30s. It's easier for setters though...but Leo went through hard times in her life, maybe that also affected her in a negative way.

I was 10 at the time and this one was one of the first matches I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJaRk2AAK4. I started to watch volleyball more often just during the season in which Leo had cancer (wich was 4 years ago) and when I started one of the few names I remembered were Lo Bianco and Togut.... It is normal that with the age you are not the same, but I think that Leo is a very good player!

BTW, speaking about health, I noticed that during this match and the previous one vs Conegliano in Champions League, she had taping on her left knee... I don't know what's going on, but she used to have problems with her back, now they seem to be more and more... Does anoyone know what's going on?

• Vakıfbank - Fenerbahçe, next week (03.11.2013) at 17:00. But Smartspor will broadcast it so we wont be able to watch :down:

P.s. Week 4: Eczacıbaşı - Vakıfbank (07.11.2013) at 16:30. NTVspor broadcasts! Hurray :heart:

Will we see Garay play or is she going to play for Brazilian NT?

• Çanakkale Bld. 1:3 İlbank (23-25, 25-23, 19-25, 21-25) Congratulations İlbank :win: Congratulations Vakıf too :win: But next week we should be more careful, we were very shaky today. Costagrande is getting better day by day :rose:

• Eczacıbaşı VitrA 3– 0 Ereğli Belediyesi
    Salon: Eczacıbaşı
    Hakemler: Ramazan Demiröz, Erdal Fındık
    Eczacıbaşı VitrA: Şeyma 9, Büşra 8, Asuman 1, Usic 5, Harmotto 15, Wang 13, Buse (Libero), Hande 2, Esra 1, Arelya.
    Ereğli Belediyesi: Tuğçe 1, Schmutz 6, Fulya 3, Seda 3, Miniriye 4, Sabriye 7, Elif (Libero).
    Setler: 25-10, 25-16, 25-16

Galatasaray Daikin – Vakıfbank: 0-3
    Salon: Burhan Felek
    Setler: 17-25, 25-27, 22-25
    Süre: 90 dakika ( 26, 35, 29)
    Galatasaray Daikin: Rabadzhieva 4, Lo Bianco, Sinem 3, Neriman 10, Montano 20, Ergül 3 (Nihan, Gamze, Bihter, Ezgi, Aslı)
    Vakıfbank: Gözde 13, Bahar 7, Brakocevic 20, Costagrande 10, Fürst 5, Naz 2 (Gizem, Çağla, Güldeniz, Polen)

Çanakkale Belediyespor – İlbank: 1-3
    Salon: Anafartalar
    Süre: 1 saat 57 dakika (31′, 31′, 27′, 28′)
    Setler: 23-25, 25-23, 19-25, 21-25
    Çanakkale Belediyespor: Cansu 3, Ece 11, Nesovic 27, Jesovic 13, Duygu 6, Ebru 3, Funda (L) (Cansu, Müge, Ayşe 3, Ecem, Elif Boran)
    İlbank: Zivkovic 8, Alajberg 17, Regan Hood 10, Sinem 6, Meliha 16, Gamze 12, Songül (L) (Zülfiye, Aslıhan)

Sarıyer Belediyespor - Beşiktaş: 2 - 3 (25-23, 25-20, 18-25, 22-25, 7-15)

• Abbondanza took off Garay and Glass for the 3rd game today. I guess it's because he's already planning on the team against Vakifbank.
    It seems Garay and Glass are going to the training champ with their respective national teams.
    If that's true, Fener will play with Kim, Bauer and Havlickova. Elif and Seda as replacement for Glass and Garay. Maybe Nilay...

• Agree.

Vakifbank was very smart hiring Naz. They have a reliable setter and the best all around turkish OH. Their turkish players are great and the foreigners can rule no end with solid receiving and setter.
    Fener hangs on foreigners for almost everything. Only Eda is on foreigners league. Even with Garay and Glass will be tough to beat Vakifbank, but of course it's possible and the chance increases.