Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• 20 pts and 78% can not be ruined so easily

• We were talking about Kampa, not Kaliberda.
    But yeah, Denys was amazing. Piacenza's roster overall this year is really good, better than Macerata or Trentino's I'd say.

• We were talking about Kampa, not Kaliberda.
    But yeah, Denys was amazing. Piacenza's roster overall this year is really good, better than Macerata or Trentino's I'd say.

Sorry about the mistake :)

• Mitic :white: Never seen such a weak setter in Italian A1 :sos:

He's not that bad, but today he's playing so poor. He's a nightmare. I don't know what the club thinks to do, but we can't go on this way... Mitic has a big potential, but team can't wait him forever. I would let him go playing elsewhere on loan and I'd take a setter who's playing in Budva... :whistle:

• He's not that bad, but today he's playing so poor. He's a nightmare. I don't know what the club thinks to do, but we can't go on this way... Mitic has a big potential, but team can't wait him forever. I would let him go playing elsewhere on loan and I'd take a setter who's playing in Budva... :whistle:

I don't see any potential in this guy. He's simply too weak as setter, as server, as blocker, as man.
    I'm sure he has some very good sponsorships who pushed him into high level teams, there's no other explanation. This is unfortunately something that frequently happens in both male and female volleyball, players are not chosen only for their skills but also because of recommendations by very important people or very rich sponsors. :down: :down:
    Paolucci is an example of a very good setter who could have had a better career if he had been recommended by someone. But he wasn't, so he had to emerge only with his skills. And there's no doubt he's way better than Mihajlo Mitic and deserves to be starting setter of Perugia this season!!

• Toguttt, trust me, I support Perugia and I know what I'm talking about. Mitic already improved throught these first 4 matches. Club wanted a tall setter after all the problems we had last season with van Harskamp (weak) and Daldello (short) in that position. They think Mitic has potentian and I trust them because it looks like they're right. In the first match against Modena he started so so and then grow up very very much. I agree we maybe can't wait forever for him. I always dream about Falaschi here when Champions League will be over for his team...

• Macerata won 1-3 win against Trento. I lost count of how many blocks Macerata had in the beginning of the 4th set, which, along with a big loss of concentration and lack of attacking power on Trento's side, pretty much cemented their win.

Trento needs better wing spikers. Lanza is not reliable at all.

• Was it wrong then to have let Juantorena go? I heard other players didn't want him anymore!

The owner of Trentino forced all players and coach to quit, because their quitting is probably necessary for him to succeed in politics. They didn't want to leave. Matey and Radostin bought a house in Trentino together.

• The owner of Trentino forced all players and coach to quit, because their quitting is probably necessary for him to succeed in politics. They didn't want to leave. Matey and Radostin bought a house in Trentino together.

I didn't get the political thing. Why?

• Cuneo-Trento was played tonight. not a great match, I sincerely expected more! Trento played like a mchine in the first two sets, then they went down in the third in which they made so many mistakes at the serve; also in the second that ended 25-16 Trento made 8 mistakes serving, half of the points made by Cuneo). In the last Trento controlled everything, just at the end Cuneo tried to come up. the most positive thing is to me for Trento is their spike: Sokolov was really reliable and also MBs played really well; on the other side Cuneo is a bit a mess. They still have to find a good connection with the setter, Rouzier makes too many mistakes and there are three Ohs (Maruotti, Antonov and Rauwerdink) that aren't spike killers. Cuneo has to work really a lot, they started slowly, Trento has a very simple but effective game, I hope they manage to reduce the number of mistakes!

• I also watched the match and expected more from Cuneo.. I wanted them to work Trentino harder at least, but the level of Trentino players was so different than Cuneo despite all these mistakes!

• Is it true that Modena want to get rid of both Bartman and Kampa?

According to the rumors they want Vettori and Vermiglio. Right now a revolution is going on in Modena: Da Re (the best manager italian volleyball ever had) left the team, followed by 2 more managers. Now Sartoretti will be the new manager for Modena, who changed the presisent too. The club wants to change something. Bartman and Kampa may leave. The first one may come back to Turkey, but we don't know anything about Kampa. They would like to change the whole diagonal and the biggest chance they have right now are Vermiglio (he wants to end his carrer in Modena and he is not doing really well with his club in Russia) and Vettori (who's doing so so and Piacenza could fix it moving Fei back to opposite position); just to say they dream about Bruninho, but just because RJX lost the main sponsor. Lorenzetti signed 3 years contract, so he is the only one sure to stay.

Honestly I hope nothing happens. It woulb be a waste of money: Macerata and Piacenza will be stronger anyway and I don't like Vermiglio. I know Kampa is not doing really well, but he can play much more better than this indeed.

• Honestly I hope nothing happens. It woulb be a waste of money: Macerata and Piacenza will be stronger anyway and I don't like Vermiglio. I know Kampa is not doing really well, but he can play much more better than this indeed.

I can't tell a lot about his current performances, but i really hope for him, that he can stay. He surely isn't the most talented or creative setter, but give him a stable team and a good match plan and i am sure that he will deliver. After last year's odysse another kick out during season wouldn't do him well.

Of course, i am already thinking about germany`s wch qualification in january ^^

• Is it true that Modena want to get rid of both Bartman and Kampa?

Why always when sth is goin' on Bartman is first to get rid of? I don't follow Serie A very carefully so can you tell me if he is THAT bad? I knew it wasn't the best idea to leave Resovia. He would be most likely more useful than Konarski is. Especially that he has good connection with Drzyzga.

• Yesterday I was at the PalaEvangelisti to watch Perugia-Vibo Valentia. It was a very close match even if we won 3-0. Vibo has got very young players, but already very good, like Randazzo. In the first set Atanasijevic made the difference killing all the balls. In the second one Mitic broke the set up with his jump float, he was amazing: Vibo used just 2 receivers and he served between them scoring 3 aces, then they were closer so he served looking for the corner behind the libero, scoring 2 more aces, then Vibo changed the reception line adding the other OH, but it was too late. The third set was again signed by Atanasijevic, who made aces when Vibo was ahead 20-23 led us on the 23-23, and Mitic who made his sixth ace on the match point. I never saw such an athmosphere at the palace, people here really love this team, problably the most loved ever in Perugia. I have to mention Della Lunga: he played in Vujevic's place and had a very strong game as receiver and good serve and spike efficiency. Both our middles were quite good, expecially Barone, who scored many points. Just Giovi played so so, expecially in reception. For the guests very good Crer and Patrick Steuerwald. Cisolla wasn't there. Gavotto was weak in this game.