Italy - Serie A1 2013/2014

• Yesterday I was at the PalaEvangelisti to watch Perugia-Vibo Valentia. It was a very close match even if we won 3-0. Vibo has got very young players, but already very good, like Randazzo. In the first set Atanasijevic made the difference killing all the balls. In the second one Mitic broke the set up with his jump float, he was amazing: Vibo used just 2 receivers and he served between them scoring 3 aces, then they were closer so he served looking for the corner behind the libero, scoring 2 more aces, then Vibo changed the reception line adding the other OH, but it was too late. The third set was again signed by Atanasijevic, who made aces when Vibo was ahead 20-23 led us on the 23-23, and Mitic who made his sixth ace on the match point. I never saw such an athmosphere at the palace, people here really love this team, problably the most loved ever in Perugia. I have to mention Della Lunga: he played in Vujevic's place and had a very strong game as receiver and good serve and spike efficiency. Both our middles were quite good, expecially Barone, who scored many points. Just Giovi played so so, expecially in reception. For the guests very good Crer and Patrick Steuerwald. Cisolla wasn't there. Gavotto was weak in this game.

Wow, what a game? Was Berruto there watching?

• Wow, what a game? Was Berruto there watching?

Honestly I don't know if Berruto was watching. We have Giovi, who's part of the NT usually, but I don't really like him. I saw better liberos. Della Lunga was pretty good. Barone had a good match as spiker (he almost killed it all, even if he had just few balls) but 0 block points. Buti almost the same. Block is what we miss the most. The only player doing better as blocker for us is Petric, who is an OH. I'm worried about our MBs' weakness at block, I hope they can improve. Berruto hasn't many players to watch in our team: half of the roster is from Serbia. :lol:

• [quote='Ophadece','index.php?page=Thread&postID=239661#post239661']Wow, what a game? Was Berruto there watching?

That makes sense. I don't like Giovi either but it seems Berruto found another role for him nella nazionale, as he doesn't play him in the libero position, but as a difensori in reception points, right?

• hat makes sense. I don't like Giovi either but it seems Berruto found another role for him nella nazionale, as he doesn't play him in the libero position, but as a difensori in reception points, right?

Yes, you are right. Usually he's the second libero or OH for the back row.

• So isn't Della Lunga young enough for la nazionale? What are his chances in the prossime tornei?

It is hard to predict. Della Lunga is not starter here, while there are Parodi, Savani and Lanza playing regularly in their clubs and Kovar, who is taking his chances as a back up player and he is better than Dore. He's 29. All the players but Savani, who's our capitan, in the same position are younger than him.

• It is hard to predict. Della Lunga is not starter here, while there are Parodi, Savani and Lanza playing regularly in their clubs and Kovar, who is taking his chances as a back up player and he is better than Dore. He's 29. All the players but Savani, who's our capitan, in the same position are younger than him.

Ah, I see... that's a very good point. Hope for Perugia to continue winning, and ITALIA of course...

• I watched Verona-Macerata yesterday. I was really impressed by Lube's: great attacks and serves and even though the reception was shaky (Kovar mostly, but he had to cover Kurek) they always managed to attack well and make the point. they were great also at blocking and Baranowicz was good too (I think the team works better with him than with Travica last year). They were on another level...I just hope Verona manages to qualify for Coppa Italia, they have other though matches in the next week ends!

• Matteo Martino is back to Macerata to replace Davidson Lampariello who moved to Chinese League.

• I personally liked how Sokolov dealed with Piacenza's block and how his block dealed with their attack :serve:

• INDIVIDUAL STATS (after 9 matches)

Top scorers
    1. Atanasijevic 195
    2. Sokolov 186
    3. Gasparini 176
    4. Cebulj 161
    5. Zaytsev 156
    6. Fromm 152
    7. Van Walle 150
    8. Rouzier 141
    8. Bartman 141
    10. Ter Horst 140
    11. Sabbi 137
    12. Kurek 130
    12. Gavotto 130
    14. Tillie 127
    14. Petric 127

Best spikers (among OH and OPP)*
    1. Kaliberda 59,26 %
    2. Kurek 58,01 %
    3. Kovar 55,24 %
    4. Antonov 54,92 %
    5. Sokolov 50,90 %
    6. Atanasijevic 50,46 %
    7. Lanza 50,31 %
    8. Ter Horst 50,22 %
    9. Vettori 50,00 %
    10. Zaytsev 49,18 %

* Simón with 78,18 % is the best spiker among MB

Best receivers *
    1. Papi 43,56 %
    2. Henno 42,20 %
    3. Vujevic 41,56 %
    4. Plot 41,07 %
    5. Rossini 40,91 %
    6. De Pandis 40,22 %
    7. Fragkos 39,91 %
    8. Bari 39,39 %
    9. Pesaresi 37,67 %
    10. Tillie 36,91 %

*Players with less than 100 receptions are not considered in this ranking

Best blockers
    1. Zingel 40
    2. Piano 33
    3. Sokolov 31
    3. Anzani 31
    5. Solè 26
    5. Crer 26
    5. Forni 26
    8. Podrascanin 23
    8. Piscopo 23
    10. Fei 22

Best servers
    1. Gasparini 23
    2. Zaytsev 18
    3. Simón 16
    4. Atanasijevic 15
    5. Sokolov 14
    5. Fei 14
    5. Ferreira 14
    8. Skrimov 13
    9. Vettori 12
    9. Baranowicz 12
    9. White 12

• Ah, the good old times :) I smiled when I saw the top three receivers.

• Please link to full Rankings.

Next Atan step should be Russia.

Where is this coming from? Atanasijevic is our golden boy. Our club wants to stay on top and we want to be growing season by season. Perugia won't let him go so easy.

• Yes, of course there is. The best 8 ranked teams al the end of the first half of the regular season are going to play the Final-8.

I guess last season it was played earlier becuase there wasn't the Grand Champions Cup.

1 - Macerata - 26 points - already qualified
    2 - Piacenza - 20 points - already qualified
    3 - Trento - 20 points - already qualified
    4 - Perugia - 18 points - already qualified

5 - Verona - 15 points - 1 point away to be qualified
    6 - Vibo Valentia - 12 points -
    7 - Modena - 12 points -
    8 - Cuneo - 10 points -
    9 - Molfetta - 9 points -
    10 - Città di Castello - 8 points -
    11 - Ravenna - 8 points -
    12 - Latina - 4 points - almost out

From Vibo Valentia to Ravenna every team could still qualify. Just Latina is amost out, while Verona is almost in.