Friendly NT Matches

• Yesterday a friendly match was held between Italy and Turkey in Reggio Calabria (the Italian city that hosted the WGP Finals last year). The result was 3-2 for Italy. Today are playing Turkey and Belgium. And tommorow the last match between Italy and Belgium.

More info later

• Quote from "samba player"

Yesterday a friendly match was held between Italy and Turkey in Reggio Calabria (the Italian city that hosted the WGP Finals last year). The result was 3-2 for Italy. Today are playing Turkey and Belgium. And tommorow the last match between Italy and Belgium.

More info later

the exact result was 3:2 (15-25 25-19 23-25 25-23 15-12)
    and the players for italy were Ferretti, Okaka, Cicolari, Del Core , Anzanello and Strobbe. Cardullo was the libero.

• Quote from "Nastja"

the exact result was 3:2 (15-25 25-19 23-25 25-23 15-12)
    and the players for italy were Ferretti, Okaka, Cicolari, Del Core , Anzanello and Strobbe. Cardullo was the libero.

And surprise surprise, Anza was top scorer with 26 points!!! That's a lot for a MB!!! :shock:
    If she plays like that every time she HAS to be in our NT at Euros!!!

• who were the turkish players and do you have stats?

• Germany wins 1st match vs France 3:1 (25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 25-19)
    GER: Weiß, Grün (18 pts), Brinker, Beier (14), Ssuschke, Fürst (19), Tzscherlich (L); Apitz, Steffen, Bouagaa
    FRA: Salinas, Querard (as OPP, I thought she is libero!), Kociniewski, Turiaf, Lozancic (16), Maculewicz, Rochelle (L), Faesch, Larnack, Schleck (16).

• Quote from "Matthias"

Germany wins 1st match vs France 3:1 (25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 25-19)
    GER: Weiß, Grün (18 pts), Brinker, Beier (14), Ssuschke, Fürst (19), Tzscherlich (L); Apitz, Steffen, Bouagaa
    FRA: Salinas, Querard (as OPP, I thought she is libero!), Kociniewski, Turiaf, Lozancic (16), Maculewicz, Rochelle (L), Faesch, Larnack, Schleck (16).

ehh where is Ravva???anybody knows??
    uff im going to the 2nd match today and was looking forward to see her but as it seems i wont :evil:

• Quote from "DEMIR17"

who were the turkish players and do you have stats?

Sure :D

14/08/07 Italy vs Turkey = 3-2 (15-25,25-19,23-25,25-23,15-12)

Italy: Ferretti 1, Okaka 3, Anzanello 26, Cicolari 12, Strobbe 6, Del Core 25, Borsetti 6, Cardullo (libero)
    Turkey: Mert 6, Neslihan 26, Esra 20, Aysun 12, Ozlem 6, Deniz 3, Gülden (libero)

Italy: blocks 12, serve aces 2, serve faults 10
    Turkey: blocks 11, serve aces 3, serve faults 1

15/08/07 Turkey vs Belgium = 3-1 (25-20, 18-25, 25-19, 25-17)

Turkey: Mert 2, Gulde (L), Neriman 8, Gokcen 7, Cigdem 18, Gozdel 12, Pelin 3, Esra, Esa 16.
    Belgium: Diricjx 6, Bland 9, Leys 8, Verstrepen 0, Gillis 5, Van Vaerenbergh (L), Szczygielsk 11, Horemans 4, Coppe 2, Vandesteene 4, Van Dammel 13.

Turkey: blocks 16, serve aces 1, serve faults 6
    Belgium: blocks 16, serve aces 6, serve faults 12.

16/08/07 Italy vs Belgium = 3-2 (25-15, 20-25, 25-15, 22-25, 15-10)

Italy: Gioli 15, Anzanello 13, Strobbe, Okaka 6, Ferretti 2, Del Core 27, Borsetti 1, Cardullo (libero), Cicolari 11, Arcangeli
    Belgium: Dirickx 7, Bland 4, Leys 13, Verstrepen, Gillis, Van Vaerenbergh, Szczygielska (libero), Horemans 4, Coppe 8, Vandestenne 7, Van Damme 19

Italy: blocks 11, serve aces 4, serve faults 9
    Belgium: blocks 9, serve aces 5, serve faults 11

source: http://www.vivovolley.it

• Quote from "Nastja"

ehh where is Ravva???anybody knows??
    uff im going to the 2nd match today and was looking forward to see her but as it seems i wont :evil:

Ravva will not play on this friendly matches, she is injured :cry2:
    Querard played as opp because fang has many players injured so he has to deal with it.
    I think it's a great result for france to win a set without having on court Ravva, Rybzcewski and with a libero playing as opposite! :lol:

Someone have seen the match? How is Salinas?

Nastja if you see the match could you take some pictures please??

• thank you samba player ı think chiappini is trying different players.the players of the second match is totally different from the first one but in my opinion we should have win against italy with neslihan on court and our MBs(özlem and aysun)should have stopped anzanello.ı have never seen a MB scored so many points.ı prefer eda erdem in our NT instead of özlem.

• Ozlem ?? :shock: Someone wrote on this forum that she is retired from international competition...

• Quote from "pol"

Ozlem ?? :shock: Someone wrote on this forum that she is retired from international competition...

she had but turkısh volleyball federation wanted her back in the team and now she plays again.

• Quote from "DEMIR17"

she had but turkısh volleyball federation wanted her back in the team and now she plays again.

thanks for news :D

This is surprising news for me because Turkey has a lot of talented (and younger) players on this position. But Özlem is one of the best middle blockers in Europe and I think she will be useful for Turkish team.

• Germany wins 2nd match vs France 3:2 (25:18, 22:25, 25:17, 18:25, 18:16). Grün did not play, Bouagaa was best German player. More details later.

EDIT:
    Germany: Weiss, Steffen (17 pts), Bouagaa (22), Kozuch, Ssuschke, Radzuweit, Tzscherlich (L); Apitz, Gollan
    France: Salinas, Larnack, Turiaf (16), Schleck (17), Lozancic, Maculewicz, Rochelle (L); Faesch, Querard

• Quote from "Matthias"

Germany wins 2nd match vs France 3:2 (25:18, 22:25, 25:17, 18:25, 18:16). Grün did not play, Bouagaa was best German player. More details later.

EDIT:
    Germany: Weiss, Steffen (17 pts), Bouagaa (22), Kozuch, Ssuschke, Radzuweit, Tzscherlich (L); Apitz, Gollan
    France: Salinas, Larnack, Turiaf (16), Schleck (16), Lozancic, Maculewicz, Rochelle (L); Faesch, Querard

soo.... i just came back home after this match...
    It was definitely not the best match, but very exciting at the end of set 5...
    Germany could have won this match much easier but due to some concentration problems they havent. France played ok, but had kinda same problems as germany. With Ravva and Grün, the match would have been a lot more interesting.
    Christiane Fürst was just substitute same as Dumler which surprised me a lot. Maggie Kozuch played well in set 1 but then got worse set by set. Atika was definitely the best player on germans side.
    what i was able to see too, was that Guidetti argued a lot with Radzuweit...But i can understand him, she moves very slowly and her attacks are easy to defend...
    On France side i liked Kinga Maculewicz a lot today. It was like she woke up after 1st set and helped her team a lot. Its a good team, and with a bit more match practise and key player Ravva, successes are waiting :)

After the match i talked with Kinga, who was very very nice. I asked her about her future etc ( you can post ur questions to her here soon, she said she would answer, but more details will follow soon ;))
    And i talked a bit with Karine Salinas... Asked her whats wrong with Ravva and she said that she hurt her ankle and has to pause a week but will be fit for the EC
    :D

i took a lot of pics and will present them soon :D

• Quote from "Nastja"

Its a good team, and with a bit more match practise and key player Ravva, successes are waiting :)

The French Men NT is a strong team. I think in a few years also the Women NT will follow. It's incredible how the European teams are becoming more and more competitive. For exemple Turkey and Belgium don't have a volleyball history, but have a lot of junior and youth talents. Good for them and their future!

It's great that you've talked with Kinga!! :wink2:

• Quote from "Nastja"

After the match i talked with Kinga, who was very very nice. I asked her about her future etc ( you can post ur questions to her here soon, she said she would answer, but more details will follow soon ;))
    And i talked a bit with Karine Salinas... Asked her whats wrong with Ravva and she said that she hurt her ankle and has to pause a week but will be fit for the EC
    :D

i took a lot of pics and will present them soon :D

That's very nice, I'll look forward to see it!
    And why does Kinga play for French NT instead of Polish NT?

• here are 2 pics...
    the rest will be upload to our gallery, ill post the link here when its done

with Maculewicz and libero Rochelle

and with Karine Salinas

plus a really short clip from the match.... it was 16:16 in 5th set if im not wrong ehheh

LothiePG
    I didnt ask her that lol, but remember that question for her interview :D

• Thank you so much Nastja for the photos and the coments on the match!

I am very surprise about the results of the french team on this friendly matches against Germany.
    Germany has serious chance of medal on the european championship and I am quite impress that france took already 3 sets from them. Before the match a tought that France would loose 3/0 each game playing without Ravva.

Did Rybaczewki play? How is playing Salinas? Is she still great?