Friendly NT Matches

• Quote from "WIELKI_ZNAWCA_PIERWSZY"

Today Germany beat Poland 3:0 (25:20, 25:17, 25:18.).

:?

So, in first tournament of GP Poland lost three matches but a week later.... 8)

• The first of two internationals between the GB Women and Israel took place tonight, 3rd March, in Leeds at the Leeds Met University.

Under the expert coaching of Dr. Arie Selinger, who has coached two squads to Olympic Silver success (USA Women ’84, Dutch Men ’92), the Israeli Women made for strong opponents for the British squad.

Final score GB 0-3 Israel (18-25, 13-25, 13-25) more details to follow

The British Women’s Volleyball squad faced their second friendly against visitors Israel tonight, 5th March, up in Tameside, Manchester.

Taking the first set, the GB women went ahead 25-22 and went into the second set which was also equally matched. Israel levelled the score 21-25 and kept the momentum up in the third set, going a set up 20-25. Over 150 spectators cheered on the British squad into the fourth but they couldn’t take it to five, going down 20-25.

Final score GB 1-3 Israel (25-22, 21-25, 20-25, 20-25)

• Thanks for the information, Baz.

All we can infer about the British Team from the information given above, though, is that it sucks! The sad truth is that neither the Israel's team nor the GB's teams are worth talking about, they represent nothing in volleyball scene. It's a pity the NT's season hasn't started yet and the subjects left to be discussed are the GB's and Israel's teams.

• I have to agree with Justyna!!!

I mean...after all this is a forum of volleyball...and everyone has the right to put new information here....I think is very interesting to know about all little sides of volleyball...and I'm sure that other peoples think the same way....Selinger as his son...is an amazing coach...and I think he can make a wonderful work there....so I think is interesting to know what is happening....this is an information that you don't see everywhere! :thumbsup:

And we can't forget that in 2012 the Olympic games are in Londan so GB team will be there for sure...and both team..female and male are working their teams for this special moment....

• I didn't mean to offend anyone. If I did that somehow I apologyze, but it doesn't change the fact that the British team has no chances at all in the OG. I didn't mean to be arrogant. I was just considering the chances of the host country in the 2012 Olympic Games in a very objective way. After reading my post I have to confess that it sounded a bit rude, so, Baz, I apologyze.

• I didn't mean to offend anyone. If I did that somehow I apologyze, but it doesn't change the fact that the British team has no chances at all in the OG. I didn't mean to be arrogant. I was just considering the chances of the host country in the 2012 Olympic Games in a very objective way. After reading my post I have to confess that it sounded a bit rude, so, Baz, I apologyze.

"it sucks", "not worth talking about", "they represent nothing in volleyball scene" and "It's a pity the subjects left to be discussed are the GB's and Israel's teams".

Then you say "I didn't mean to offend anyone, If I did that somehow I apologyze". I think you need some serious help if you honestly did not think it would offend anyone.

Sure the level of these two teams is poor but only because they are young and inexperienced at the moment. We should be wishing them luck as they are part of the volleyball community.

• I already said I'm sorry. I acknowledge my comment sounded arrogant. How many times should I say that wasn't on purpose, though? The point I was trying to make was about the GB's team chances of winning the London Olympic Games. I'm sorry if I couldn't express myself in a more tentative way.

Monty, when you say I need help you are personally offending me. I really didn't get your point. You're against offensive comments but you do the same thing in the very next post. It's sad you didn't pay attention to my apology request and preferred to attack me. So, I hope my last phrase keep for the record: I regret having made that comment and I apologyze to everyone who felt offended by it. That won't happen again.

• Well, guys, please don't continue arguing about this subject.
    Both posts (from Celso and Monty) were a bit offensive and things shouldn't go this way.
    Remember this is a friendly and respectul forum :)

• Turkey and France will play four friendly matches 11th, 13th, 14th and 16th May in France.
    Neşe Büyükbayram, Asuman Karakoyun (Eczacıbaşı Zentiva)
    Dilara Bilge (Galatasaray)
    Güldeniz Önal, Elif Uzun (İller Bankası)
    Gözde Dal (DYO Karşıyaka)
    Polen Uslupehlivan, Deniz Hakyemez, Ayşe Melis Gürkaynak, Duygu Bal (Vakıfbank Güneş Sigorta)
    Seray Altay, Derya Çayırgan, Özge Kırdar (Yeşilyurt)

• After reading all the post and the result, i believe that Germany has become very strong. Japan too. It seems that Poland and France and Serbia are stepping on the same place. And Italy seems goes back because of Aguero's absent...Before i think that Serbia, Japan, Korea and Poland will certainly goes into the Olympics from the tournament in Japan, but now i think that Serbia and Poland may have one being kicked out from the four places if they continue performing like this.

• After reading all the post and the result, i believe that Germany has become very strong. Japan too. It seems that Poland and France and Serbia are stepping on the same place. And Italy seems goes back because of Aguero's absent...Before i think that Serbia, Japan, Korea and Poland will certainly goes into the Olympics from the tournament in Japan, but now i think that Serbia and Poland may have one being kicked out from the four places if they continue performing like this.

I don't know what have you read ! Germany team without Grun will not be the same - much weaker. Poland played very well and just missed European Qualification (final 2:3 against Russia, 3:1 against Netherlands, 3:2 against Germany and 3:1 against Serbia) . Serbia is still strong however without one key player Spasojevic they need excellent "team spirit". Kazakhstan can be even stronger than Korea. :S

• Brasil will promote in this month of June a friendly match between the NT of CUBA and BRASIL from the 90's decade.....

The game will count with some great starts of old time like...Mireya Luis and Regla Torres, Marlenis Costa and Idalmis Gato.
    Are also on the list Raiza O'Farril, from de Cuba NT of 92 and 96, Tânia Ortiz and Mercedes Calderón from 92.

To Torres - consider the best player of XX century - this iniciative aloud to bring the team close together, and also can alound to transmit experience to the new generations.

Let see if it's going to be friendly as they wish!!! :lol: ...I hope so...but definetly is going to be good to see them again!!!Is good for international volleyball...

I'm not sure I know what you mean... The results in this thread are from several months ago, even before the European Championships.

• Friendly ?? I can't see any friendly relationship between Cuba and Brazil... :D
    But despite the (un)fair play, it was funny to see that stupid fights between them... it lets the game with a better taste, lol