Friendly NT Matches

• News about the friendly match....

As I heard with a friend.....Brasilian team will problably count with names like:

Ana Flávia, Marcia Fu, Ida, Venturini and maybe Ana Moser (although she can't play anymore..she will rpblably participate..and stay in bench...or maybe give a service or something like that... ^^ )

• Bulgaria - Roumania 3:0 ( 25:23, 25:23, 25:20 ) :)

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• Cuba-Turkey: 3-2

USA Colorado Springs Exihibition Games 1

Brasil x USA 3-2 (25-20, 21-25, 23-25, 25-21, 17-15)

BRA
    Starting Line-ups:
    Fofao 4, Sheilla 23, Paula 20, Marianne 6, Walewska 11, Fabiana, Fabi (L)
    Subs: Sassa 4, Carol, Caroline Gattaz 1, Joyce 1

USA
    Starting line-ups:
    Berg 1, Barboza 13, Tom 23, Glass, Scott 9, Bown 13, Davis (L)
    Subs: Ah Mow 2, Busse 2, Sykora, Willoughby 15, Akinradowo 5

bad news for Bra fans: Fofao went down injured in 4th set and didnt return, Carol took her place to complete the rest game.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• fofão's injury is no big deal, it is just the pain for being hit in the knee. she took an x-ray exam and nothing wrong was found. she will take a magnetic ressonance exam today so that doctors will ensure there's nothing wrong with her.

anyway it was nice to see carol replacing her and being able to command the team reaction in the tie-breaker.

mari's performance surprised me... only 6 points in a 5-set match!

i hope jaqueline, thaísa, joycinha and valeskinha be given a chance of playing next match.

• what about metcalf? didn't she play this match? it seems the us team is hiding its game!

• what about metcalf? didn't she play this match? it seems the us team is hiding its game!

Metcalf is not in the picture. She had shoulder surgery about 2 weeks ago.

Haneef is expected to be the opposite for USA, but she has minor injuries and will not play this week.

• Metcalf will not play for the US in the Beijing as she is recuperating out of a shoulder injury/surgery. US will definitely rely on Haneef-Park at the opposite. I just wonder who the 2nd opposite is...Will it be Busse (who playeed exceptional against Italy in World Cup) or the youngster Barboza (still in College) who is slowly gaining International Prominence...

Brazil beat US in 5 sets yet US played with a young team... showcasing what might US have in the next years to come. Akinradewo, Barboza, Willoughby, Glass, Berg played exceptionally well as aided by the veterans Tom, Bown and Scott-Aruda.

Good thing Fofao's injury is not serious. She will definitely play a major role for Brazil's golden quest in Beijing.

:what: :what:

"[size=8]It's years and years of work and sacrifice and dedication. Along with a lot of these girls, we've sweat and we've bled and we've cried together in past Olympics. It just brought tears to my eyes, & I'm more than thrilled. This will be forever." -LOGAN MAILE LEI TOM (Silver Medallist - 2008 Beijing & 2012 London Olympic Games, 2011 World Cup runner up, 2003 & 2007 World Cup 3rd place, 2002 World Champs runner up, 4-time World GrandPrix Champs)

• She will be back in three weeks, which means whe will only play the Grand Prix from the 3rd week on. I hope Carol Albuquerque could grab the opportunity to play as the setter of Brazil's team. I hope she could do a good job both in the matches against USA and in the first 6 matches of the Grand Prix.

I wonder if Zé Roberto will call another setter to play the first two weeks of the WGP.

• The US team won the 2nd friendly match against Brazil in the tie-breaker (25-21, 19-25, 29-27, 17-25, 15-11).

Despite the loss, I'm happy with Brazil's team performance. Carol did a great job in setting and scored 8 points in the match (4 kills, 3 blocks and 1 ace). I'm also happy with the fact that Jaqueline played this match well and scored 16 points.

It is a pity Valeskinha didn't enter in any of these matches. I would like to see her on court against such a strong team like the US.

Brazil's team has a lot to improve, especially in serving.

I hope Brazil could have a better luck in the last match against USA before heading to China to play the WGP.

• In the third friendly match Brazil beat USA in straight sets (25-16, 25-20, 25-18 ), as both teams had agreed to play 5-sets regardless the result of the match, two more sets were played. The American Team took the fourth 25-20 and Brazil took the 5th 15-08.

• Someone told me that Logan Tom (USA) got injured also in this exhibition series against Brazil. Can anyone verify?

Good to know that Fofao will be ok. :thumbup:

• Someone told me that Logan Tom (USA) got injured also in this exhibition series against Brazil. Can anyone verify?

Good to know that Fofao will be ok. :thumbup:

I think she really got injuried because in second match, she only got 2 points and she was absent from the third match.

Jenny said she will be absent from the first week of WGP2008. I am so disappointed.

Hope she can recover soon la.

• I was looking the videos of this USA-BRA friendly games, and i must say, Americans are good fans, they arent rude. Looking back, not trying to put a spark or anything, but when the Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro was staged, the Americans were booed for the whole of tournament. Just sharin'. wooh. :whistle:

u watching the match? can u upload the first match because Tom got 23pts

• Russia and Serbia will play 5 friendly matches. 3 of them (9,11,13.07) will play Russia A and 2 matches (10,12.07) Russia B. These matches will be 'closed' only the last one will be with audience.