Friendly NT Matches

• thank you.. I would appreciate it, if someone posts them before the games

1. 12/08 – 10h – Brasil x Estados Unidos – Brasília (TV Globo)
    2. 14/08 – 19h – Brasil x Estados Unidos – Uberaba (SporTV)
    3. 16/08 – 20h – Brasil x Estados Unidos – Uberaba (SporTV)
    4. 18/08 – 19h30 – Brasil x Estados Unidos – Rio de Janeiro (SporTV)

I would guess that TV Globo has a free streaming service on their website because it's a free channel in Brazil but I'm not sure about it.

Sportv is a cable channel and you need an account to stream it. But I know that there are several pirate links out there, you just need to search them on google or youtube a few minutes before each match. If I find them, I will post them here.

The times I posted above are Brazilian standard times, we are now 1 hour ahead of New York and 4 hours behind the UK.

• Friendly games between Argentina vs Peru played in Argentina this week:

Aug.7, Argentina 3x2 Peru: 21-25, 25-13, 25-27, 25-18, 15-11

Aug. 8, Argentina 3x1 Peru: 28-30, 25-19, 25-13 ,25-16

Aug. 9. Peru 3x0 Argentina: 25-21, 25-23, 25-22

Argentina roster:

Sagardía , Fresco , Sosa , Lazcano , E. Rodríguez , A. Fortuna, Líbero: Morena Martínez Franchi,

also played: Soria, A. Tosi, Vidal.

Coach Guillermo Orduna

Peru roster:

Ortiz, Barreda, Uribe, La Rosa, Palza, Ayme, Aquino, Libero:Rojas.

Coach: Marco Queiroga.

It seems that Argentina is badly missing their captain Yamila Nizetich. Losing to Peru that played without their main roster and with many U-20 players doesn't look good for the Panthers.

• ITA-RUS now live @ VolleybalNL Facebook site.

Italy playing with the kids again. Sure, it's a friendly tournament, but why don't they at least put on a mix of A and B players?

I think it is more productive and educational when you put a few young players along with real starting players. They will be think “we lost but we played with young players”.

• I feel sorry (again...) for Turkey's young players. In 1st set Guidetti takes a time-out after losing just one side-out just in order to shout at Zehra for a blocking mistake and in 2nd set he takes her off after a few rallies. Later he takes off Saliha as well and also gives her quite a lecture as she walks off :thumbdown:

Way to destroy their confidence :!:

• I feel sorry (again...) for Turkey's young players. In 1st set Guidetti takes a time-out after losing just one side-out just in order to shout at Zehra for a blocking mistake and in 2nd set he takes her off after a few rallies. Later he takes off Saliha as well and also gives her quite a lecture as she walks off :thumbdown:

Way to destroy their confidence :!:

I know right I like him as a coach but that yell at 1st set f.e. made them lose the set in the blink of an eye after that... Need anger management and he needs to take Ebrar with him

• What is going on with Turkey? today before the Netherlands the turkey played as U18 team. none played well in this tournament. yellow signal on?

I bet Gio is trying to not show his real teams power, you know somethings up when even Eda Erdem is playing bad ;) Also we mostly played with a younger squad and had very random subs. It was just for the youngsters to gain experience and the others to investigate the other teams more I think

• 1st friendly match between USA and Brazil just started. First spike was from Lowe and it was out...

Brazil with

Roberta/Tandara

Amanda/Gabi

Bia/Adenizia

Gabiru

Pretty much the main team from VNL except from Suelen who is recovering from an injury

USA with

Micha/Lowe

Wilhite/Bartsch

Adams/Gibb

Courtney

Micha is soooo bad, I'm shocked.

• If Megan Cortney can do at least a decent job as libero.. I would go with her as a libero, and Robinson as OH for the WCH.. if things go bad, Kelsey can always step in..

But since Robinson hasn't played as OH for quite some time, and she's not here.. I imagine her spot as Libero is locked

• If Megan Cortney can do at least a decent job as libero.. I would go with her as a libero, and Robinson as OH for the WCH.. if things go bad, Kelsey can always step in..

But since Robinson hasn't played as OH for quite some time, and she's not here.. I imagine her spot as Libero is locked

She is injuried. I think she was planned to be here in Brazil, because she said in instagram something like "I'm sorry I can't make it to Brazil I have a concussion".