Friendly matches

• Volleyball Team Australia Men departed today, Monday 8th August 2011 for a two week tour in Brazil.

During this tour the Team will play the top three Brazilian club teams in eight matches from 10th August to 19th August.

Volleyball Team Australia
    •John Dekker (QLD)
    •Thomas Edgar (QLD)
    •Andrew Grant (QLD)
    •Travis Passier (QLD)
    •Harrison Peacock (SA)
    •Nathan Roberts (SA)
    •Luke Smith (WA)
    •Gregory Sukochev (SA)
    •Aden Tutton (SA)
    •Adam White (QLD)
    •Igor Yudin (VIC)
    •Aidan Zingel (NSW)

• Where is Carroll?

• Austria shock Brazil in friendly
    Austria stunned 2011 FIVB Volleyball World League silver medallists Brazil on Wednesday 3-1 (18-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-22) in a friendly match in Schwechat.

FIVB

Even Austrians found the way to beat Brazil, while we can't :rolll:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Bulgaria - Czech 3-0 (25:21 25:18 25:18 )
    statistic
    http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/7383.pdf

Matey Kaziyski made fantastic macth and we saw some glimpse of his best shape. Needs only a little bit on the serve, cause he made some mistakes.
    Overall he was great and a pleasure to watch :)

The best player on the field was Zhekov :)
    Can please someone upload this match in megaupload or some torrents? I want to put it my youtube channel so more people to be able to watch it :drink:

• Australia defeat Vivo Minas in Brazil
    Result 3 : 1 (16-25, 25-23, 25-19, 25-22)

Volleyball Team Australia arrived in Belo Horizonte, Brazil in the early hours of Tuesday morning after 33 hours of travel time and after training that afternoon, prepared to play their first match today against host team, Vivo Minas.

The match started poorly for Australia who were slow to acclimatise to the slippery floor conditions and a different ball that is used in the Brazilian Superliga. Vivo Minas, lead by former Brazilian National team setter Marcelo Elgarten, dominated the first set offensively as Australia struggled to find a way to stop the fast paced offence.

The second set was more consistent, even after a poor start by Australia as they played with much more confidence, out attacking Minas for the set and starting to control the Minas offence with excellent blocking and defence, taking out the set 25-23. This trend continued in the third and fourth sets as Australia grew in confidence, continuing to out attack Minas and control the Minas quick hitters who had been so dominant in the first set.

Australia won the match 3 sets to 1 in their first match against Vivo Minas. Tomorrow Australia take on the runners up from last season’s Brazilian Superliga, SADA.

• I was on yesterday's friendly match Bulgaria - Czech Republic and I want to apologize to mr. Popelka for the whistling when he entered as a replacement. The croud was whistling the server, not him, but he may have thought that it is personally against him.
    P.S. I scored 6 points by whistling with 120 dB :cup:

• Australia win second game in Brazil
    Australia v SADA Cruzeiro Volei

Thursday 11-8-11, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Result 3 - 0 : 25-23, 25-23, 27-25.

Playing in the second match of their Brazilian tour, VTAM came up against vice champions from last seasons Brazilian Superliga, SADA Cruzeiro Volei.

This match was an exciting spectacle to watch, with both teams playing very strongly in attack and fighting out point for point throughout all 3 sets. This was an excellent example of the importance of reception attack efficiency to winning matches and Australia recorded some of their best figures in this area for the year whilst importantly, keeping their errors in attack to just 7 for the match.

Australia won the match 3-0, fighting impressively at the end of each set to convert opportunities when they were created and recorded a memorable win over a top quality opponent.

Coach Uriarte was pleased with the teams improvement from the first match and praised their commitment to the team system of play and to bringing a great intensity to an important match.

The team plays next match against VIVO Minas.

• it was working util the middle of the 3rd set and then somehing happened :( I don' know what,but now I can't watch it eighter ;(
    Czech took the2nd set and 3rd was point by point until arround the 12 point... and then...link got broken :(