Friendly matches

• Anyone has Germans roster?

Germany vs. Slovakia 3:0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-16)

starting line-ups:

Germany: Lukas Kampa, Jochen Schöps, Christian Fromm, Tom Strohbach, Marcus Böhme, Michael Andrei, Denis Kaliberda
    Slovakia: Michal Masny, Milan Bencz, Emanuel Kohut, Michal Cerven, Matej Patak, Frantisek Ogurcak, Matej Kubs

Best scorers: Jochen Schöps, Christian Fromm (13), Matej Patak (11)

Full match: http://sportdeutschland.tv/vol…l/deutschland-vs-slowakei

• Brazil and Argentina played the first of a bunch of friendlies today in preparation for the Pan American Championship and the hermanos won 2-3 (25/21, 24/26, 18/25, 25/23, 13/15).

Brazil: Murilo Radke, Renan Buiatti, Maurício Borges, Douglas Souza, Otávio, Maurício Souza and Tiago Brendle.
    Argentina: Zanotti, Gonzalez, Franetovich, Martina, Palacios, Guzman and Lopez.

There are no stats available afaik, but I watched most of the game and was thoroughly impressed with Douglas Souza (OH, 20yo) once again. He pretty much played alone for Brazil today and ended up with 25pts it seems. I understand more and more the reason why Bernardo already has eyes on him for the senior NT. OPPs were terrible and Maurício Borges was underwhelming, as usual. The team played better with Bruno Canuto (for the short time he entered the court) and later João Rafael (I already have high hopes for him in Molfetta next season).

Palacios and both setters Chirivino and Gonzalez were the best from Argentina from what I remember.

Next game in my city on Monday! :cheesy: Hope the guys can pull off a win here! SporTV is broadcasting all games.

• I'm seriously starting to think our "B" team is better than the "A".

I'm not so sure about that, but there really are some really good players in this B team. I'm more than excited to watch Gonzalez in Brazil next season. :cheesy:

Btw, here's a video to yesterday's BRA-ARG match: link

• Just got back from the arena and the second BRA-ARG match. Brazil won it this time, thankfully, by 3-1 (25/22, 25/14, 17/25, 25/18/). Same lineups from the previous game.

Renan (OPP) plus our MBs (Otávio and Maurício S.) were the best from our side today I believe. Douglas and Maurício had some good moments as well, the latter one mostly in the last set. Couldn't really distinguish the Argentinians much from where I was sitting.

• I see Tournament somewhere with Iran, Qatar, Chinese Taipei and Kazakhstan.

That's asian club championship, Taichung Bank (TPE) and Al-Arabi (QAT) reached the final. Paykan (IRN) and Pavlovdar (KAZ) will hold bronze medal match.

• That's asian club championship, Taichung Bank (TPE) and Al-Arabi (QAT) reached the final. Paykan (IRN) and Pavlovdar (KAZ) will hold bronze medal match.

I thought we have a thread for this tournament... I will create one.

• From team USA website: -

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (June 16, 2015) – The U.S. Men’s National Team will take on world No. 1 ranked Brazil in four friendly USA Volleyball Cup matches on Aug. 23-29 at sites around Southern California.

Fans will have a chance to see three-time USA Volleyball Player of the Year Matt Anderson, 2014 World League MVP Taylor Sander and 2008 Olympic gold medalists David Lee and Reid Priddy among the rest of the U.S. Men’s Team as it prepares for the 2015 FIVB World Cup, the first chance to qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games.

“I am really excited for these matches against Brazil,” U.S. Men’s Head Coach John Speraw said. “Our teams have had a great rivalry over the years. I think we bring out the best in each other.”

U.S. Men's Landing Page | World League Event Page | 2015 USAV Cup

The four matches will take place at four Southern California university arenas. All matches will start at 7 p.m. PT.

Schedule
    Aug. 23 – Walter Pyramid at Long Beach State (Buy tickets)
    Aug. 25 – Jenny Craig Pavilion at the University of San Diego (Buy tickets)
    Aug. 26 – Galen Center at the University of Southern California (Buy tickets)
    Aug. 29 – Bren Center at UC Irvine (Tickets on sale soon)

Video link to the first match in the series here: -

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Vol…ts/International/USAV-Cup

You can find a report on the first match on the same site - Im not putting it on here so as no to spoil it for those who want to watch the first match.

• Brazil's bench beat USA's bench in the second game of the USAV Cup yesterday (3-0, 25/18, 25/22, 25/22)

Brazil: Raphael, Renan, Lucas Lóh, Lucarelli, Otávio, Éder, Mário Jr. e. Maurício Borges
    USA: K. Shoji, Troy, Jaeschke, Lotman, Smith, Holmes, Watten. e. Clark

Renan was the best scorer of the game with 17 pts. I don't wanna jinx it, but I think he's finally evolved a lot after a season in Italy and being a starter in the Pan American Games. It was Otávio's debut with the main team as well, which was about time. There was a new (and young, I assume) MB in USA whose name I don't know as well, so any help there would be appreacited.

• Iran won Netherlands 5-0 (25-17 25-16 25-15 29-27 25-19), they'll have two matches vs. Russia tomorrow and the day after.

• Iran won Russia in their first friendly match. 3-2 (22-25 16-25 25-22 25-19 25-21)

• Italy 3 - 0 Argentina,

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Italy 3 - 0 Argentina,

Italy: Giannelli 6, Juantorena 10, Piano 5, Zaytsev 22, Lanza 8, Buti 5, Colaci - libero, Massari 1, Anzani, Antonov.
    Argentina: De Cecco, Conte 9, Sole 9, Gonzalez 7, Palacios, Gauna 9, Garrocq - libero, Poglajen 5, Uriarte, Ramos 1, Zornetta, Closter - libero.

• ffff great way to start preparations...

Ready for our quadrennial mid-table mediocrity at the world cup.

Gonzales is very mediocre, the first weakness of the team. Don't you have any younger opposite better than him? Argentina has such a great tradition regarding opposite hitters (living legends like Quiroga, Cuminetti or Milinkovic), too bad that right now it has not any top players who can carry forward this tradition.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().