Friendly matches

• Italy and China are also having a friendly match.

youtube

I watched the match.

-Both physically and mentally Lanza looks so ready! He may turn into a X factor for Italy

-Giannelli has still connection problem with Zaytsev. Some great sets, but also some inaccurate sets more than you expect from him.

-I'm sure Zaytsev has lost weight in recent weeks. He looks slimmer and physically very fit. Mentally today he wasn't there but it wasn't necessary.

-Opponent was too weak so it was very difficult to judge middle players. Anzani-Mazzone is the right combination I think.

-Osmany oh Osmany. Physically he looked better in Cuban holiday photos than today. How can a player gain weight in training camp? Today he was immobile, jumping too low , blocked like 7-8 times. Italy needs him and they only have 1 week for preparation. Blengini must do everything , maybe put him also on a diet, to gain better form.

-They should have selected a better opponent for the last matches. Maybe not an A team but at least Slovenia, Belgium level. China was too weak.

• I agree with you about Lanza: he played really good and looked ready and in top form. I also liked Giannelli, he used all his spikers, he is more and more leader of this team. I wouldn't be so negative about Osmany, he had some mistakes and didn't have a brilliant match, I agree but I'm sure he will be there in the most important matches of WCH. He didn't look so overweight, poor him :rolll:

• I think the Italians can learn from Chinese blocking. I thought that's their best trait as a team as they are used to Iran and Japan's crazy fast game. Their defense just fails them to become a very good team in Asia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• Tonight (Friday), 19 CET:

Germany vs. Brazil

Livestream: https://www.mdr.de/mediathek/livestreams/mdr-plus/index.html (german IP needed)

Sunday, 9th September, 16 CET:

Germany vs. Brazil

Livestreams:

http://sportdeutschland.tv/vol…eutschland-vs-brasilien_3

https://www.facebook.com/VolleyballTeamDeutschland/

The german team will take these matches quite seriously. They had weeks of preparation with the full squad, including Grozer and Kaliberda

EDIT:

Not a good start for me in the "new" forum. Thought i was in the "friendly matches" thread. But i leave it here anyway....8)

• #10 Slovenia MB is an interesting player to me. He's 7ft and a physical net presence, he's a work in progress in all areas especially the attack but he is proving himself to be useful against Iran.

I would like to see more of him. His serve fault could've been hard to receive if it pass the net. Seems like that bothered him or the coach. Kovac should probably give him more freedom in choosing his serve style as his height is perfect for a hybrid.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().