Friendly matches

• Italy and China are also having a friendly match.

youtube

I watched the match.

-Both physically and mentally Lanza looks so ready! He may turn into a X factor for Italy

-Giannelli has still connection problem with Zaytsev. Some great sets, but also some inaccurate sets more than you expect from him.

-I'm sure Zaytsev has lost weight in recent weeks. He looks slimmer and physically very fit. Mentally today he wasn't there but it wasn't necessary.

-Opponent was too weak so it was very difficult to judge middle players. Anzani-Mazzone is the right combination I think.

-Blengini must do everything , maybe put him also on a diet, to gain better form.

-They should have selected a better opponent for the last matches. Maybe not an A team but at least Slovenia, Belgium level. China was too weak.

• I agree with you about Lanza: he played really good and looked ready and in top form. I also liked Giannelli, he used all his spikers, he is more and more leader of this team. I wouldn't be so negative about Osmany, he had some mistakes and didn't have a brilliant match, I agree but I'm sure he will be there in the most important matches of WCH. He didn't look so overweight, poor him :rolll:

• I think the Italians can learn from Chinese blocking. I thought that's their best trait as a team as they are used to Iran and Japan's crazy fast game. Their defense just fails them to become a very good team in Asia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Tonight (Friday), 19 CET:

Germany vs. Brazil

Livestream: https://www.mdr.de/mediathek/livestreams/mdr-plus/index.html (german IP needed)

Sunday, 9th September, 16 CET:

Germany vs. Brazil

Livestreams:

http://sportdeutschland.tv/vol…eutschland-vs-brasilien_3

https://www.facebook.com/VolleyballTeamDeutschland/

The german team will take these matches quite seriously. They had weeks of preparation with the full squad, including Grozer and Kaliberda

EDIT:

Not a good start for me in the "new" forum. Thought i was in the "friendly matches" thread. But i leave it here anyway....8)

• #10 Slovenia MB is an interesting player to me. He's 7ft and a physical net presence, he's a work in progress in all areas especially the attack but he is proving himself to be useful against Iran.

I would like to see more of him. His serve fault could've been hard to receive if it pass the net. Seems like that bothered him or the coach. Kovac should probably give him more freedom in choosing his serve style as his height is perfect for a hybrid.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().

• Any decent replay of CANvSLO friendly match?

• Apparantly, Germany played two friendly matches in Poland.

First one was 3:0 for Poland (additional 4th set for germany) and the second one 3:2 in favor of the german team.

Does anyone have stats or further information on these matches?

EDIT:

https://www.przegladsportowy.p…utomatic&srcc=ucs&utm_v=2

POLSKA – NIEMCY 3:0 (25:14, 25:20, 25:16)

Dodatkowy set: 28:30

POLSKA: Drzyzga, Kubiak, Huber, Kaczmarek, Bednorz, Kochanowski oraz Wojtaszek (l), Konarski, Śliwka, Janusz, Bieniek, Fornal, Bołądź, Popiwczak (l). Trener: Heynen.

NIEMCY: Kocian-Falkenhach, Schott, Böhme, Hirsch, Fromm, Brehme oraz Zenger (l), Weber, Zimmermann, Sossenheimer, Reihert, Baxpöhler Peter (l). Trener: Giani.

• Argentina played a couple of friendlies last few days with Chile and Portugal in preparation for the 1st weekend of VNL.

Argentina 3-0 Chile (25-18, -22, -19)

Argentina B 3-1 Chile (25-15, 22-25, 25-19, 25-20)

Argentina 3-0 Portugal (25-23, -15, -21)

Heavy rotation of players in all games, but it's noteworthy that Uriarte played for the NT after a 3 year absense. De Cecco still on vacation, won't play 1st weekend of VNL either.

• Two friendlies between Serbia and Bulgaria in Belgrade. Stats are available as images in the articles.

Serbia - Bulgaria 1-4 (18-25, 26-24, 16-25, 19-25, 23-25) article

Serbia - Bulgaria 3-2 (25-22, 24-26, 25-18, 21-25, 22-20) article

• Brazil won the 2019 Hubert Wagner Memorial after what seems like a pretty solid performance. Any videos/highlights/excerpts of any of the games? Only Poland, who finished second, could grab a set against Brazil. Yoandy Leal was the tournament's MVP. The rest of the award winners:

67697123_2430456450370501_5318327753458581504_n.jpg

Meanwhile, Italy with two 3-0 wins against Belgium in Bari.

• Brazil won the 2019 Hubert Wagner Memorial after what seems like a pretty solid performance. Any videos/highlights/excerpts of any of the games? Only Poland, who finished second, could grab a set against Brazil. Yoandy Leal was the tournament's MVP. The rest of the award winners:

67697123_2430456450370501_5318327753458581504_n.jpg

Meanwhile, Italy with two 3-0 wins against Belgium in Bari.

Brazil played very good. They are in a good shape. This team looks much different than in VNL finals.

Poland could win with them, but Heynen decided to do not substitute main players to let them prepare for main games next week.

Leon and Kubiak were starting OHs. Kubiak during whole game had 17% attack efficiency. In normal condition he would be subbed. Leon made a lot of service errors. In the after match interviews (I guess) Fabian Drzyzga said that he has green light from Heynen to try/train the hardest way of serving by him. In the end of 4th set Leon was replaced by Śliwka who served a few times and let our team to built a nice game but it was too late to catch Brazil.

About Brazil, Mauricio played very good. Despite he is barely jumping he makes a lot of positive work in defensive. Actually all of their OHs played very good tournament.

Highlights of POL-BRA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoHaL9Gk3bc

IMO Bulgaria will have to play 150% of their normal level to beat Brazil as I wrote they are much better than in VNL finals.

• Thanks for the short video! It's really sad that very little content has been published from Poland lately. I guess it has to do (mostly) with TV rights, I struggle to find matches and videos from the PlusLiga, for instance. There is a similar problem in many leagues, but there you often have scouts uploading somewhere and/or dedicated channels where replays or highlights are available.

I posted and asked about the Hubert Wagner Memorial because it is the biggest, maybe even the oldest existing, traditional friendly tournament we have in the summer. And because we would generally need an update concerning the form of those involved.

It is no surprise that Brazil look differently now. The Olympic qualifiers is probably the most important event they will take part in this year, after all (I say probably because they will qualify anyway and the World Cup, once important and prestigious, has now lost its value). Yet, I would like to wait and watch them again in official matches because they showed too many weaknesses earlier in the summer and they can't miraculously have solved all their problems. And whereas Brazil are surely not unbeatable, they are still clear favourites in Varna and their chances are high because the Bulgarian team is a mystery right now. We don't really know where they stand, their 2 planned friendlies with Iran got cancelled because the latter couldn't travel for administrative reasons, it was reported. Bulgaria played against Serbia about 2 weeks ago and have been training and weight lifting in Varna ever since. What is truly disappointing for me is Parapunov's absence who got replaced by the joke Kadankov, whose location on the volleyball map had been rightfully forgotten. We hope Sokolov doesn't get injured but even then he will have to play because Kadankov is a bad joke. I trust Prandi but perhaps his work might be first demonstrated at the ECH. Right now, Bulgaria hopes for a great volleyball day on August 11 and a packed gym. And I don't even know what ticket prices they announced, for I fear we might not even have a full arena.

Talking about Serbia, another Hubert Wagner Memorial participant, their star players enjoyed a volleyball-less summer and I am eager to find out how much time they will need to glue. Podrascanin is said to miss the event in Bari. From what I read, they didn't impress against Bulgaria and at the Memorial, so they will have a lot of work to do, even if we should never underestimate what Serbia can do in a team game.

• Argentina and Brazil are playing a series of friendlies in Brazil this week.

Today Brazil won 3:0 (-13, -19, -20). Brazil is using their full team, Argentina a B-ish without Conte, De Cecco, Solé, Crer, González, Poglajen, Pereyra. Despite these conditions I expected a better game as this is almost the same squad that won the pan american games but oh well...

It seems ARG will send this team to the south american championship, so I guess Brazil will just collect the title again without much opposition.

• first two friendly men matches in the world after COVID-19

22.07 Poland - Germany 3:2 (18-25, 23-25, 25-17, 25-22, 15-10)

23.07 Poland - Germany 3:0 (26-24, 25-16, 25-21) additional set 25-27

Poland : Piotr Nowakowski, Maciej Muzaj, Bartosz Kurek, Wilfredo Leon, Damian Wojtaszek, Fabian Drzyzga, Grzegorz Łomacz, Paweł Zatorski, Bartosz Kwolek, Tomasz Fornal, Bartosz Bednosz, Jan Nowakowski, Karol Kłos, Norbert Huber

Germany : Christina Fromm, Tobias Krick, Ruben Schott, Tim Stohr, Moritz Reichert, Marcus Boehme, Julian Zenger, Anton Brehme, Simon Hirsch, Moritz Karlitzek, Jan Zimmermann, Linus Weber, Konrad Thole, Lukas Maase, Johannes Tille, Florian Krage