Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• I just watched Chile vs Colombia. I hope Chile can improve in some years, because the level in south america is not good at all.

About Argentina, i think they will not win something in near future. They can play a good game sometimes, but just that.

They need a real Opp who can help Facundo Conte.

• Pools composition according to Polish media for QOT in Berlin:
    A: Germany, Bulgaria, Poland, Belgium
    B: Russia, Serbia, France, Finland

source: twitter of one Polish commentators after talks with CEV's director, Aleksandar Boricic

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

source: twitter of one Polish commentators after talks with CEV's director, Aleksandar Boricic

If this is true, Heynen should be happy because Germany will face Bulgaria again :rolll: :rolll:

• According to serpentine pools should look like this:

A: Germany, Poland, Serbia, Belgium
    B: Russia, Bulgaria, France, Finland

But it's CEV, so you can never be sure what to expect. Especially, since DVV will have an influence on the final decision as well.

• According to serpentine pools should look like this:

A: Germany, Poland, Serbia, Belgium
    B: Russia, Bulgaria, France, Finland

But it's CEV, so you can never be sure what to expect. Especially, since DVV will have an influence on the final decision as well.

In the Eurovolley there was a rule (it is announced, you can read it in this document) that the host can choose one team for its group, it might be the same for OGQ.

• In the Eurovolley there was a rule (it is announced, you can read it in this document) that the host can choose one team for its group, it might be the same for OGQ.

Yes, but it seems that Heynen prefers Finland as a rival than Bulgaria. He reportedly said that Poland doesn't have to worry cause it will be in a pool with Germany, Finland and Belgium. At least that's what one of Polish journalists says. Tere are so many different versions that I don't trust any source. It's better to wait for an official announcement.

• But back then qualifications looked different. Besides, this time teams are supposed to be seeded by serpentine. Anyway, I'm fed up with all these deliberations. ;) Let's just wait for official information.

• Yes, but it seems that Heynen prefers Finland as a rival than Bulgaria. He reportedly said that Poland doesn't have to worry cause it will be in a pool with Germany, Finland and Belgium. At least that's what one of Polish journalists says. Tere are so many different versions that I don't trust any source. It's better to wait for an official announcement.

Thanks!

• According to Aleksandar Boričić, the new president of CEV, the European champion in 2019 will be directly qualified for Tokyo '20 and there won't be a European qualifying tournament.
    I assume the same stands for women's tournament.

I was wondering how they could get Bulgaria in a group with Germany, Poland and Belgium (cuz as I already said, by serpentine there should be Serbia). Maybe they took CEV rank before ECH into account?

• At last the CEV ranking has been updated

1 Russia
    2 Italy
    3 Bulgaria
    4 Poland
    4 Germany
    6 Serbia
    7 France
    8 Finland
    9 Belgium

Which creates the following ranking for the OQT:

Germany
    Russia
    Bulgaria
    Poland
    Serbia
    France
    Finland
    Belgium

• I thought it will have been announced by now as exactly the two groups kondzio wrote about is what has been going on in Bulgarian media as a reliable source. I thought they are official now, or am I wrong? I haven't been online much lately, so I am asking. Although based on the latest CEV ranking, we shouldn't really have Bulgaria and Poland in the same group. But I prefer it this way, with Germany and Poland rather than France and Russia :D

• Nothing's official yet. From CEV website:

The eight teams that will be competing next January 5-10 at Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin are Germany as hosts of the Continental Olympic Qualification Tournament plus seven more as per the latest European ranking, i.e. Russia, Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, France, Finland and Belgium.

The respective National Federations are now due to confirm their team’s participation in the Continental Olympic Qualification Tournament by this coming Friday, October 23. After this preliminary step, the composition of the two preliminary pools of four teams each will be announced.

• I thought it will have been announced by now as exactly the two groups kondzio wrote about is what has been going on in Bulgarian media as a reliable source. I thought they are official now, or am I wrong? I haven't been online much lately, so I am asking. Although based on the latest CEV ranking, we shouldn't really have Bulgaria and Poland in the same group. But I prefer it this way, with Germany and Poland rather than France and Russia :D

Don't tell me we have to wait another 4 days? :aww:

• Of course, Germany will be in a group with Bulgaria. Since 2012 it has been this way in every major tournament. You can't have one without the other obviously :teach:

Generally spoken, this is once again a perfect example of intransparancy, showed by CEV. Where exactly was the problem to announce a system for group composition before the tournament??

Of course, this is a quite rhetoric question, but i am very convinced that this "wheeling and dealing" behind the scenes is very damaging for our sports.