Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Imho Egonu's future is the Opposite Hitter, she needs to attack very much more balls and stop to defence

If every big hitter who doesn't pass great with 17 were converted into OPP, the world would be full of great OPPs sitting on the bench behind even greater OPPs while terrible OHs are out on the court :whistle:

• After exceeding expectations big time in Galatasaray, today Leys is really a disappointment. If Rousseaux was not there Belgium had already lost this match probably...

Leys is very good in defence but she isn't a good attacker. It was very visible when she was playing in Atom Sopot. So Galatasaray's authorities shouldn't be surprised. :whistle:

• But Poland has still chance if Italy beat Belgium 3:2, Russia beat Belgium and Poland need to beat Italy 3:0, 3:1.

• Russia doesnt care about the other results. They want to be 1st and avoid Turkey in semifinals, which is the main favourit from the other pool. Simple. Even if Russia shows so much inestability, they are still better than NED/GER.

This tie-break will be...full of nerves.

• Egonu is such a great spiker, I hope she keeps improving especially in reception and defense. I also like Orro and Guiggi today!

But this isn't a tournament made for experiments, I hope Italy has found some stability and goes on!

• If every big hitter who doesn't pass great with 17 were converted into OPP, the world would be full of great OPPs sitting on the bench behind even greater OPPs while terrible OHs are out on the court :whistle:

I agree.. Egonu just remain as OH and keep working hard with reception. Italy needs a Kosheleva-like spiker, we have plenty of good libbers and defensive players, so we must have a strong hitter. All my hopes are in these young players!

• But Poland has still chance if Italy beat Belgium 3:2, Russia beat Belgium and Poland need to beat Italy 3:0, 3:1.

I don't know if I want to see that again... I mean I'm fed up with leading and then giving match to opponent.

• Bonitta is full of surprises, now he starts with Danesi who didn't play one minute in this match before :white:

So far it works great, makes me wonder why she didn't enter before...

She is in because of her connection with Orro, which is much better than the one with Chirichella.

• I agree.. Egonu just remain as OH and keep working hard with reception. Italy needs a Kosheleva-like spiker, we have plenty of good libbers and defensive players, so we must have a strong hitter. All my hopes are in these young players!

Which is the reason while Italy was a powerhouse during Barbolini's ages. Block-defence + balanced game.

• Which is the reason while Italy was a powerhouse during Barbolini's ages. Block-defence + balanced game.

Back then Italy had OHs like Piccinini, Del Core and the earlier version of L. Bosetti who were good both in defense and in attack. With OHs who are only good in defense Italy can't win anything, as the current version of L. Bosetti shows...

• Ravens: yes but they had Aguero between 2007-2009 and Gioli that could be a great spiker too and also Picci and Del Core in much better shape.. With these other hitters, Egonu is needed as Diouf is not always reliable and is anyway not enough.

• Young blood block: Danesi - Egonu

This tie-break is so tense...