Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Yes, Olympics will be held in Americas, but we still dont know where the Intercontinental Qualifier (where the weakest 4 teams play) will be organized. First of all, those teams should travel($$$) to this last tournment in order to get the last ticket to Rio. Talking about Americas, well, in 2004 the CSV OQT was played in Venezuela, but Colombia (which isjust next to the host) didnt send its team.

This situation has already happened. In the 2012 World Olympic Qualification Tournment, Peru replaced Kenya because the africans withdrew. In 2008, Peru or Kenya should have played a play off, but both teams dropped. Uruguay didnt aply and, finally, the spot went to Puerto Rico. And the last example I remember, Nigeria replaced Argentina in 2004.

That's why I said this could happen again this time. Of course, just if a european powerhouse or a FIVB´s beloved one doesnt qualify. :dance4:

First, World qualifier and Intercontinental qualifier are the part of the tournament mane "World Olympics Qualification Tournament" host by Japan. It like Pool A is World qualifier and Pool B is Intercontinental qualifier.
    Second, like you said No European teams replaced other confederations in World qualifier. So, I don't think so. About money problem I let you to read the FIVB sport regulation and the regulations of NORCECA competitions in order to find money is a problem, isn't it? Because, my english is not good, I do not know whether I can understand it true.

• I was giving a look at the European Ranking and there is this written below:
    "No ranking points were issued due to this National Federation competing in another linked competition, or another simultanous competition."

So I noticed Italy didnt recieved points in European games for example, while Turkey didnt in the WGP....and so on..

but how they choose which tournament not to give points? the one the team went worse? But if different tournaments have different pontuation..different difficulties....I mean.... isnt this a bit crazy? Doesnt it allowed CEV to manipulate a little bit how the ranking is?

• all teams chose if they want points from European games or WGP before the events started. Ferhat Akbaş said Turkey chose European Games because it seemed shorter and easier for Turkey and it seems he was right. :P

• all teams chose if they want points from European games or WGP before the events started. Ferhat Akbaş said Turkey chose European Games because it seemed shorter and easier for Turkey and it seems he was right. :P

Thank you for that info.

• current calculation before ECH (countries qualified to ECH 2015 got 70 points in this ranking, points from ECH 2011 are deducted): - TOP 4 from ECH with 94 points
    1. Russia 330 (94)
    2. Serbia 318 (94) - qualified to OG
    2. Turkey 318 (94) - host of QOT (Ankara)
    4. Germany 308 (92)
    5. Italy 304 (88 )
    6. Belgium 284 (90)
    6. Netherlands 284 (94)
    8. Poland 280 (86)
    9. Croatia 264 (82)
    - currently qualified to QOT
    ----------------------------------------
    10. Bulgaria 254 (76)
    11. Azerbaijan 242 (74)
    11. Czech Republic 242 (80)

Belgium and Netherlnads will be probably higher than Poland :( Poland will be probably classified as 8th in ECH unless they beat Netherlands :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited 5 times, last by kondzio ().

• I hope NED will be higher than 4th on European Championships. My perfect group in Ankara would be RUS, GER, BEL and POL. For this reason I'm happy that today Poland lost with NED. :lol:

• How will group in Ankara probably look:

pool A: Turkey (host), Italy (3), probably Nethelrands (4), Croatia (7)
    pool B: Russia (1), Germany (2), probably Belgium (5), Poland (6)

• I'm so sad and angry that Croatia will not play against Poland in Ankara. :whistle:
    I hope that Turkey will make some changes for them as host to have Croatia and Poland in the same pool :P

• I'm so sad and angry that Croatia will not play against Poland in Ankara. :whistle:
    I hope that Turkey will make some changes for them as host to have Croatia and Poland in the same pool :P

it won't be possible due to serpentine system and Poland is just ahead of Croatia :wavy:

it will be definitely with host as #1 seeded and further we will have next teams in order 1 (host), 4, 5, 8 in one pool and 2, 3, 6, 7 in second one
    any changes of pools' composition should be forbidden and we have it because rules present us such draw :wavy:

anyway pools can be interesting, in both pools we will see tough battle, however in second pool Russia seems to be the strongest, while rest teams can beat other
    in first pool Tureky, Italy and Netherlands will fight for two spots

one from Turkey/Italy/Netherlands will be a victim of this system in pools' stage (this pool is IMHO tougher), loser of small final will be another victim

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• How come you guys all calculated GER ahead of ITA? In the CEV ranking table, ITA was first before this ECH, 14 points ahead of GER. After deducting the points of 2011 ECH, and adding the points from 2015 ECH, ITA is still 14 points ahead. (In both 2011 and 2015, GER is 2 positions higher than ITA.)

So obviously after excluding SRB and TUR, we should have RUS 1st, ITA 2nd, GER 3rd, NED may tie with BEL for 4th if NED ranks 4th in this ECH, or NED 4th, BEL 5th if NED ranks 3rd or better in this ECH. Then POL 6th and CRO 7th.

RUS, ITA, POL in the same group if serpentine system is adopted.

• I just saw it...Italy is higher than Germany ?(

• They've just changed distribution of poinst for Italy. In previous ranking they had points form European Games and now they have from World Grand Prix :whistle:
    It depends what they decided b efore the season start. Probably in previous version they were wrong and Italy wanted points form WGP, there they were playing with fisrt team.

• after corrections pools will be this:
    A: Turkey, Germany, Netherlands, Croatia
    B: Russia, Italy, Belgium, Poland

Italy's choice made that they will switch pools with Germany :wavy:

favourites for SF: Turkey, Netherlands, Russia and Italy

• FIVB mindgames again? :aww:

If I recall correctly, many federations (Italy both men AND women) completely forgot to contact the federation in order to decide which competition they wanted to choose for the CEV ranking points assigment between WGP and that useless thing known as the "European Games", so they automatically got the latter as default.

There was quite a big debate on the fact that Italy basically got screwed up by getting zero points by scrapping WGP and WL results, so this might be the reason.

• what a shame by Italians :what:

• I'm all on cheering for Team Belgium, but having Russia on the same poll just doesn't seem possible. If Germany lands on their pool, however, I see a small chance of making to the SF and eventually playing on the World Qualification Tournament.

• The seeding will be:
    1. Turkey
    2. Russia
    3. Italy
    4. Germany
    5. Nederlands
    6. Belgium
    7. Poland
    8. Croatia

So the pools:
    A- Turkey (1.), Germany (4.), Nederlands (5.), Croatia (8.)
    B- Russia (2.), Italy (3.), Belgium (6.), Poland (7.)

But it is not the real serpentine. It's just an invention of FIVB, because the actual serpentine system doesn't take host as 1st in general. So in real fair world the pools would be:
    A- Russia (1.), Germany (4.), Nederlands (5.), Croatia (8.)
    B- Italy (2.), Turkey (3.), Belgium (6.), Poland (7.)