Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Its real?

Source? Any link?

• I'm actually angry because of Chirichella and Sansonna into the team. Sirressi deserved the spot not only as back up... :whistle: :wall: On the other side there isn't any real choise to bring into in Chirichella's place, no matter she kinda sucks lately. :down:

• Who the hell knows, it might end up paying off, but taking 4 youngsters with barely any experience in the senior NT to an OQT doesn't look good... :whistle:

• I don't get it, Folie out ?? She is so good MB, from attacking to blocking. So good MB :whistle:

• If Zaroślińska wasn't injured and could play for Poland, I would say we can really qualify. But without her I think Italy, Poland and Belgium will have to battle hard for that 2nd place. I think I can say with 50% Italy won't play OG even if they advance to semis.

• Looking at Italy and Poland's rosters, if Turkey doesn't self-destructed, there is no reason for Turkey to not take one of top 3 spots.

I think that Netherlands and Germany have a bigger say in that than Italy and Poland :whistle: One of GER-NED-TUR will not survive the pool play, and even though Germany is the "favourite" for that nobody must underestimate them. It's not beyond imagination for me that Turkey loses against both Germany and Netherlands, but it's also possible that all 3 teams finish with 2-1 wins (assuming they all beat Croatia which will also require hard work) and the points or even sets ratio decide...

• I think that we will see everything in Ankara. All teams has chances to win. It will be so exciting to watch all matches.

• There's no stable(in a positive way) MB performance from Italy in last years but Folie is always the one gets least chances. I'm really sorry for her.

• I think that Netherlands and Germany have a bigger say in that than Italy and Poland :whistle: One of GER-NED-TUR will not survive the pool play, and even though Germany is the "favourite" for that nobody must underestimate them. It's not beyond imagination for me that Turkey loses against both Germany and Netherlands, but it's also possible that all 3 teams finish with 2-1 wins (assuming they all beat Croatia which will also require hard work) and the points or even sets ratio decide...

For me Russia and Netherlands are two main favourites. But other than that I think Italy and Poland both have bigger chance than Germany. Actually I can't even remember if Poland ever lost to Germany outside WGP (when there were weird rosters and so on...) and also Germany lost to Turkey at ECH and seriously Turkey didn't even play well for their squad.

For me, Turkey is 3rd in the chances list. Then I would say Italy/Poland. But with them it's hard because Italy has pretty much troubles with OHs and Poland with Zaroślińska could also fight for 3rd place but she is not there and I don't even know if we are going to play with 2 Opps or 2 regular OHs. I think Poland is the team that can show up and even finish in TOP3 and at the same time lose everything 0-3. I hope we can try with Tomsia as OH and then maybe we have bigger chance.

• There is no news about Dutch roster yet...The girls will gather on Wendesday at Papendal Training Centre...

I'm really curious about Schoot and Stam...

I think Guidetti will wait as long as possible anouncing the roster...

• I hope both of them will make it to Ankara or at least either of them, because I don't think Knip is ready to play as starter. In 2013 she was pretty bad both in passing and digging.
    Not having Flier may bring a disadvantage since she did a great job as back-up for Slöetjes, I wonder who will take over the job. Most likely Plak because Pietersen should play as OH in case Balkestein and Buijs have a bad day.

Good sign for dutch NT is that both Beliën and Pietersen are having a very good season so far in Italy, same for Slöetjes in Turkey. Hopefully they keep the level they have now.

• Germany will surely be dangerous given the shape of their main go-to player Kozuch which produces on average about 18 points per game for Casalmaggiore with high effectivity. I cannot remember when or whether she´s been in equivalent shape in parallel to her contemporary at any stage in the past. We might also weigh in the common pattern that she usually raises her game by a considerable amount while representing Germany in comparison to club level. However, the fruits of this might in some part be restrained by the fact both Furst and Brinkers shape pretty much reached a new bottom.

• Germany will surely be dangerous given the shape of their main go-to player Kozuch which produces on average about 18 points per game for Casalmaggiore with high effectivity. I cannot remember when or whether she´s been in equivalent shape in parallel to her contemporary at any stage in the past. We might also weigh in the common pattern that she usually raises her game by a considerable amount while representing Germany in comparison to club level. However, the fruits of this might in some part be restrained by the fact both Furst and Brinkers shape pretty much reached a new bottom.

This is best Kozuch's shape I can remember but still in other teams we have Obmochaeva, Fabris, Skowronska, Sloetjes, Neslihan or Centoni, so I wonder what kind of advantage is she going to give Germany?

• This is best Kozuch's shape I can remember but still in other teams we have Obmochaeva, Fabris, Skowronska, Sloetjes, Neslihan or Centoni, so I wonder what kind of advantage is she going to give Germany?

Kozuch is not Goncharova and will never be but just the fact they possess a reliable OPP will provide Germany with a fair share of advantage in comparison to the past 10 years or so, since Grun was in her peak shape...and I do not say Kozuch will make the difference against this teams in terms of out-shining her counterparts but rather just play pretty equal with them and while doing so give the team better chances to prevail by out-maneuvering the opponents in other aspects that normally is considered their strengths/weapons like serving, organization, team play.