Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• 1 - 0 to USA.

USA starters:
    Glass
    Fawcett
    Larson - Robinson
    Dixon - Akinradewo
    Banwarth

Double substitution (Thompson and Lowe for Glass and Fawcett) along the way. Easy replaces Robinson.

• 2 - 0 to USA

Same starters

USA middles were utilized more. USA serving very well. Larson is top scorer.

Canada is actually a good team. Blocks well and spikes well but they have poor reception. I think Canada has more block points than USA. Top scorer is Tabitha Love.

• 3 - 0 to USA

Same starters

Larson was really playing very well. I think part of the reason was because there were a lot of Nebraska fans cheering for her, Banwarth and Robinson.

I really like Canada's libero. She was at the right position at the right time.

• i dont think Russsian players serve that badly.. they serve good enough to place their block-defence at right time in the righ place (sometimes even triple blocks)..Fetisova,Zaryazkho,Startseva,Goncharova sometimes Kosheleva can serve well

I think their success in serve is more from the screening they do...during World Cup last year it was ridiculous

• Curious if after OGQT FIVB can say- We change Our mind- 2nd Team goes to Easy, 3rd to Tokyo.

It should be like that, the other way round makes no sense :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• But again in Tokyo will win Europe team as well as 3rd one. Who can beat them ? For sure no Arg, Pur or Can.... or other Asian teams

• But again in Tokyo will win Europe team as well as 3rd one. Who can beat them ? For sure no Arg, Pur or Can.... or other Asian teams

So it makes more sense to give easier way to qualify for runner-up, not for 3rd team :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• On paper, it seems that Italy is the weakest/less experienced team in the semis.. it's the first "big" tournament for the most of the girls, hopefully that will not affect their game, but motivate them more.
    Holland is favorite today, they are a better team but they should play the same as their game Vs Turkey.. otherwise i see that there is a chance for Italy.
    For me, what this young Italian team showed in this week is much important than a OG ticket.. a bright future is waiting for them.
    The best scenerio for me:
    1.Russia/Turkey
    2.Italy
    3.Russia/Turkey..
    i will be very happy if it comes true.

• So it makes more sense to give easier way to qualify for runner-up, not for 3rd team :D

Yes, I agree. FIVB really made stupid rules this time. But, dont you think it would be a bit late if FIVB change rules now? Well, I dont think so it would happen.
    If everything goes as the logic says, we will see Netherlands, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Thailand, Korea, Colombia and Kazakhstan in Japan. While in the easy tournment, Algeria, Cameroon, Puerto Rico and Peru.

• Which SF match starts first, RUSxTUR or NED-ITA?

• Can anyone post a stream for NEDxITA? Thanks!