Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• so japan,korea + 2 european teams +thailand will compete for the four places (i dont know which team will come from south american continent)

DOM will be competitive too
    And there are 3 places, 4th is for the asians only.

• Ok, tomorrow Italy-Turkey will be the real final. I think Turkey is better than this Italy but I'm worried on coaching.
    Also let me remind you that there hasn't been any misbehaviour from Turkish organization, Turkish fans,Turkish press or players against Russians. Take notes Gonchorova and Kosienko. :whistle:

The worry was not about the fans but about the refs. Yes, there are challenges but then there is a mega-tactician Marichev who takes them randomly whenever he thinks he needs a pause (i.e. wastes both of them by the 2nd TTO. There is a solid-minded Rodriguez but there is the 25 point in the first set.

I wonder, regarding the fans, who these people are. Not the casually dressed ones with flags, there's at least fifteen of them in the pic.

• But again in Tokyo will win Europe team as well as 3rd one. Who can beat them ? For sure no Arg, Pur or Can.... or other Asian teams

don't be silly. ARG will not go there, they'll qualify from s. america, nor will PUR, they will probably go to the intercontinental tournament. CAN will probably finish 4th in NORCECA and not go to rio.

in tokyo, let's say JPN wins asian spot, then there's 3 spots left, now, who guarantees that both european teams will qualify there? let's say it's TUR and NED, they can be beaten by DOM, KOR and THA (remember london?). there's no guarantee. we shall see.

• They will be favorites tomorrow for many reasons, but of course they have to remember what the old wise Trap always says: "Don't say cat if you don't have it in the "sac" :teach:

no, he said "Don't say Carducat if you don't have it in the "sac" " :rolll:

• I find Malova simply terrible. As much as Sansonna... :whistle:

:what: I have watched only 2nd set of this match, but in all other matches I've watched of Malova, be it in NT or club, she has been an amazing libero. Sometimes not perfect in reception, but with a great sense for the game in defense, very good anticipation and technique as well. Reminds me of Castillo and Jenia Grebennikov at times...

• i hear madelaynne montano is playing for COL in the s. american qualifying. they might go to the intercontinental tourn. if they beat PER and VEN, who knows?

right now COL playing against Peru and the game is very exciting. Montano is playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGt1Ac1gEZc

• NORCECA Women’s Olympic Qualifier

Canada 1x3 DOM (27-25, 16-25, 24-26, 20-25)
    USA 3x1 Puerto Rico (25-14, 24-26, 25-12, 25-14)

Standings

USA (2-0) (9 points)
    DOM (2-0) (8 points)
    PUR (0-2) (2 points)
    CAN (0-2) (1 point)

Tomorrow matches will decide the qualified teams:

Puerto Rico x Canada - winner => qualify for Intercontinental Olympic Qualification
    USA x DOM - winner => qualify for the Olympics; loser => qualify for World Olympic Qualification Tournament

• So tomorrow there'll be two finals for olympic qualification in NORCECA :rolll:

Meanwhile a bit south... Peru swept Colombia 3-0. Colombia is pretty much out of contention for 1st place even if they beat ARG, since they didn't won the 3 points vs VEN.

I think Peru is playing really well (for south american standars) and they're favorite to win this. Argentina has been playing very bad since WCh 2014. I'm not confident.

• really? you think PER can beat ARG? when was the last time this happened? i thought ARG was the overwhelming favorite.

also, when was the last time PUR beat DOM?

June 2012 World Grand Prix 3-2 win for Puerto Rico

Argentina and Peru are close 1 spot apart in my ranking system, so is Argentina favored yes, but overwhelming no.

• :what: I have watched only 2nd set of this match, but in all other matches I've watched of Malova, be it in NT or club, she has been an amazing libero. Sometimes not perfect in reception, but with a great sense for the game in defense, very good anticipation and technique as well. Reminds me of Castillo and Jenia Grebennikov at times...

Totally agree, I think she's in fact one of the best in the world.

• Lol, there are more Turkish policemen than Russian fans in this pic.
    I'm a bit surprised to see that the hall is full ,nobody is avoiding crowded place over terror fears.

ps:Go go Turkiye!!!