Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• COngrats to Italy !!!

I'm really sorry for Turkish team and Turkish fans. Only advantage of this disaster is that even Turkish Federation will have no other option than kicking Ferhat OUT. The decision to make him headcoach is the worst decision in last decades in Turkish Women's volleyball.

I remember four years ago Motta....and now Ferhat.... difference couldn't be bigger....but Turkish federation kicked Motta out for stupid reasons....and after that hired Barbolini and later Ferhat.... :aww: :ww: :aww: suicide...

• Honestly I felt nothing. She's as useless as Diouf. No she was actually quite usefull for Italy. Just put Polen in. I know they said that Neslihan was defensing and blah blah blah but it didn't work and she did nothing good

It's so lame to compare Neslihan with Diouf. Neslihan gets points with her technique and she does a very good job in defense as well, while Diouf use only her height and her career is not comparable at all. Polen has nothing special, her arm swing is so damn slow for an opposite. Neslihan did a good match tonight and gave all she could. Naz distributes sets in a biased way, giving the best to Gozde and sets very few balls to her opposite. The problem in Turkish side was Neriman who is simply cursed. She ruined atom, galatasaray and now eczacibasi. I honestly don't remember a team who won a tournament easily with neriman playing for them.

• YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I burst in tears after the last point for the emotion and the tension :lol:

After this heartbreaking match I'm ten years older, but I guess Orro and Egonu (and also Danesi) are too... So many tie and in/out tie breaks faced during such an essential tournament, a lesson they won't forget.

Del Core came back when she was needed the most, Bonitta used Gennari and Ferretti at the right moment and had the clever idea to put Bosetti for Diouf, and finally also Bosetti was ready when the team needed her. Her and Gennari relieved Del Core reception job, increasing her chance in attack, and it really payed off.

It's since the match vs Poland that I'm hoping for Moky to play: she isn't doing her best in reception, but at least we defended smth (or at least we try to do defend with more intensity). I still can't stand an Italy that doesn't defend :(

Best moments of the match: the last block (I though it was by Chirichella, but the fact it was by Orro made may day even more) and the two ace of Egonu at the end of the third set. Sometimes these young girls have trouble dealing with the pressure... fortunately it doesn't happen at the end of the sets :thumbsup:

• A good coaching by Bonitta.. starting from his selection of the 14 players, he choose the best players that he thinks will help the team, not the best names.. Here we can see the strong character of a coach.

• Best moments of the match: the last block (I though it was by Chirichella, but the fact it was by Orro made may day even more) and the two ace of Egonu at the end of the third set. Sometimes these young girls have trouble dealing with the pressure... fortunately it doesn't happen at the end of the sets

In fact this is the most incredible thing to me! It's like the importance of the moment helps them to concentrate better...or maybe they just don't think anymore, because like Egonu said the other day "O la va o la spacca" :lol:

• It's so lame to compare Neslihan with Diouf. Neslihan gets points with her technique and she does a very good job in defense as well, while Diouf use only her height and her career is not comparable at all. Polen has nothing special, her arm swing is so damn slow for an opposite. Neslihan did a good match tonight and gave all she could. Naz distributes sets in a biased way, giving the best to Gozde and sets very few balls to her opposite. The problem in Turkish side was Neriman who is simply cursed. She ruined atom, galatasaray and now eczacibasi. I honestly don't remember a team who won a tournament easily with neriman playing for them.

I know you´re right. You can´t compare them. At least Diouf still has her height and gets points with it while Naz doesn´t even dare to pass the ball to Neslihan

• If the qualifiers were a Disney movie, it would be narrated from the point of view of Italy. You know it will be full of challenges but you will win eventually. And with a positive message for families and children of all ages. Too bad, the happy ending is only momentary.

• I really hope Bonitta knows to call back some experience players for Tokyo. For me, it was still a mistake to bring 4 MBs to this tournment. Ok, it paid off at the end, but we should remeber Italy was in the brink of elimination against Belgium (14-15 5th set).

Italian problems have been libero position (which is straneg, they have so many good liberos), second OH and the setter substitution. It was supposed Ferreti should give that quote of experience if Orro is struggling because of her nerves, but for me, Ferretti was a disappointment.

Dont know if Ortolani would be called back, but I´d like to see her again. Against asian teams, Diouf defense skills will be a big disadvantage. I really dont know how Sorokaite has been playing in the last months.

• I am sad for Turkey especially for Gozde, Neslihan and Eda. I think it was their last chance to go to the Olympics... Gozde was not her best this tournament, but as we all know she is a great fighter, always helping her team, either scoring, or lifting their team spirit.. Eda was back, playing as in her best days.. I am sorry she wasn't enough to help them qualify.. Neslihan is Neslihan.. Turkey's volleyball icon. It doesn't matter if she doesn't score 30 points per match anymore, she always tries to do her best.. she started to receive to help her team after playing all her career as OPP!! She served well, blocked well, helped her teammates in defense.

• i am so emotional and glad to see these young girls won the match

i hope i will not see Feretti, Centoni, Sammona in tokyo....they are good players but their best performing time is over

i think sirressi, guerra, sorokaite/ortolani, rondon/ signorile could help the tam

• Definitely turning point was the point at 7-5. Eda should have hit a clean ball but it was still block-out and Ferhat made the wrong challenge. :wall:

Incredible, today three times the coaches called a ball in/out challenge on enough clear out balls, and missed the touch xD Fortunately Bonitta didn't do it in the tie break ^^'

My bad :D First Giannelli now Egonu. Italy is very lucky.

About Giannelli, I agree, it's more 'lucky' than other things. I mean, he is
    About Egonu and the other young girl, for me finally it isn't lucky, but a good project by the Federation (also thanks to local society like Volleyrò Roma) that is starting to payed off (at least from this summer).

It's what I keep telling since the very first time I saw her. Nothing special, just her height.

But if the fact that she is talentless (which I agree, if we are speaking of attack and obviously defense) doesn't prevent her to be very helpful for the NT, I'm perfectly fine with having her on court and I'll cheer for her every time she plays :)

In fact this is the most incredible thing to me! It's like the importance of the moment helps them to concentrate better...or maybe they just don't think anymore, because like Egonu said the other day "O la va o la spacca"

Yes, especially in block the adrenaline can make the difference, but serving so well in such a crucial moment is tougher, imho!
    BTW, even if the girls are at their first important experience with the senior NT, this summer in the two JWCH they played (and won!) way more in/out matches that the 'old' in the ECH ^^

If the qualifiers were a Disney movie, it would be narrated from the point of view of Italy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• the turkish stadium was crazy ....these young girls might get nervous at crucial points, but they still performed well

• I know you´re right. You can´t compare them. At least Diouf still has her height and gets points with it while Naz doesn´t even dare to pass the ball to Neslihan

Here you have the stats: http://cev.lu/Competition-Area/MatchStatistics.aspx?ID=28454
    Neslihan produced 18 points, with 42% in attacking, second best percentage. While Diouf produced only 10 points with 21%. Del Core is only 180 and still hits like a boss so height is just a number in volleyball. Just because you are a Fenerbahce fan, you don't have to be biased.

• Congratulations to Italy! :drink: Very nice the team is still on the road to Rio. :super:

I'm sorry for Neslihan and the Turkish team. However, I wouldn't blame the coach. I don't get why a rich Federation is able to host so many competitions and unable to hire a top level staff.

On the match, I think Naz was running so many balls to Ozsoy and putting Neslihan and mainly Gözde aside. I have no idea who's leading such bad strategy Naz or the staff but it ruined everything. There was so many times I saw Neslihan on 1 on 1 and Neriman taking the sets in the double-block. Ozsoy was trying hard to hit down instead of getting tools which is completely inappropriate for her height. Anyway, she was still getting a lot of sets over and over. :aww:

• Orro should have more training on setting balls with different height and speed to Del Core and Egonu

• Congrats Italy! I'm really happy for them because they had the balls to play with youngsters and gave chance to them! Orro, Danessi and Egonu, we will see them more often in the future and they all looked ready for this level. Orro better than Ferretti, Danessi as good as Chrichella and Guiggi and Egonu much useful than Bosetti. A big applaud to Del Core for her braveness in the end!

At Turkish side, I really find Neriman as a loser. She is a good player in overall but ruins the team in everytime she is needed, in either receiving or getting blocked. I felt really for Eda erdem and Neslihan. Both had a good
    Game and put their %100 to the match. Karadayi should not be used unless the team plays with 2 Libero system. Naz needs a coach that tells her where to set otherwise she can make really bad decisions. There you have the difference between Guidetti and Ferhat. Ferhat will be probably end his career after getting fired here. He is not a good coach at all. He didn't even think of using Bahar as MB instead of Kubra for this match. Damn, she plays in Italy and clearly has better idea of their system than Kubra!!!