Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• Amazing! Unbelievable that NED can beat ITA 3-0 25 - 21, 25 - 21, 25 - 14

Did supposedly the Strongest team here, ITA, just lend a hand to their neighbor, NED? :?: :roll:

anyhow this defeat won't affect ITA' chance to Rio unless they have few further losses, which is nearly impossible.

NOW it's almost done: ITA KOR JPN NED... for THA dream further for another four years

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I dont believe it was totally clean match. Ita they have nearly promotion so they decided to help Ned a little bit. There is no other :woohoo: answer

• It was the third time Italy lost 0:3 to the Netherlands (ECH, euro qualification and this time)
    Why did many people say they lose intentionally.. Italy just couldn't beat the Netherlands :aww:

If you have no intention to give 100%, cause ur are knowing, that u are almost at the Olympics, then, the Game is looking like this.
    I don`t believe, that Italy lose intentionally, but with 80%, u can`t win a game

• ITA did not lose on purpose. simply they are still one step below a Dutch team at its top, a team with strong motivations to win this match and secure their ticket to Rio (the more so after being unexpecedly defeated by KOR).
    Having seen all the three 0:3 matchs (ECH, euro qualification and this time) I would say instead theat the gap is getting less and less wide. Celeste Plak's service at the end of 1st and 2nd set made the difference, the 2 teams went for most of the time almost head to head. The 3rd set had no story, ITA simply collapsed and gave up mentally. It takes time, and experience, to build a strong and winning team; let's see Tomorrow how Orro, Egonu and co. will face JAP

• Amazing! Unbelievable that NED can beat ITA 3-0 25 - 21, 25 - 21, 25 - 14

I'm kinda glad to see many people surprised that Ned won, but unfortunately to me it seems the same old story: once again this year (for the third times!) Ned proved to be stronger and more solid than us, even if in the first two sets we fight well, at least until Plak started serving ;)

I must admit, though, that I had hope for this match 'cause Holland wasn't that bright in the tournament and on the other side Italy played better than in ECH and especially than in Ankara.
    But one things is hoping/thinking that Italy can win and one thing is being surprised that Holland did ^^

So, congrats to Ned, I hope we will meet again during the OG and win the most important match of the year :P

• Holland :super: :rose: Their fighting spirit was incredible, Maret willing to play despite her hidden injury and Robin's absence...nothing could stop them.

• We met the worst Korea and the best Netherlands of the tournament, so in the end everything was evened out. The Dutch were fighting for their lives, while I'm sure the Italians (no matter how hard they tried) had their minds on the fact that they already have the qualification by beating Kazakhstan.

• Hi folks !
    Need helped! Can anyone send me some link for the streaming of the ongoing match Dominican - Japan ?
    FIVB youtube channel doesn't work here in Italy. Thanks

• Sorry, I don't know anywhere available...I'm currently using "Hola".

Dominican defense is incredibly bad. They are so lazy to dig the ball and move around. Such a pity Castillo belongs to this team... Besides, Marte's sets to Martinez are extraordinarily low, she hardly hits.
    Japan doing nothing special and I expect them too play like this in the following sets.

• Hi folks !
    Need helped! Can anyone send me some link for the streaming of the ongoing match Dominican - Japan ?

It doesn't work in my country either, but I watch all the matches on youtube channel Volleyball Life. You can also check Asian Vollyeball HD channel. Link for Dominican Republic - Japan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j496C2eo98E

• Hi folks !

http://videostream.dn.ua/video…c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA?f?f

scroll down the right panel to select the volleyball

change your proxy if it doesn't work with ITA IP.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• :olympia:

many thanks to my helpers, I actually succeeded in seeing second half of the match :obey: :obey:
    :wavy:

• So is this the end for Thailand?

Not yet, but it will be difficult. They MUST beat Korea next match 3-0 or 3-1 and then also win the final game with Peru. Then they have to hope for either: a) Korea to lose the final game to Dominican R. 3-0 or 3-1 (difficult) or b) Japan to lose to both Italy and Netherlands, one of the two matches being a 3-0 or 3-1 loss (not so difficult).

In any case the most difficult thing for them will be beating Korea easily.

• Not yet, but it will be difficult. They MUST beat Korea next match 3-0 or 3-1 and then also win the final game with Peru. Then they have to hope for either: a) Korea to lose the final game to Dominican R. 3-0 or 3-1 (difficult) or b) Japan to lose to both Italy and Netherlands, one of the two matches being a 3-0 or 3-1 loss (not so difficult).

In any case the most difficult thing for them will be beating Korea easily.

This is really sad, they need a miracle. Anyway I'd rather see them lose 3-0 to Korea, Japan will not be allowed to miss the Olympics under any circumstance, we got the message.

• I didn't expect this result at all....

Bonitta made two big mistakes in my opinion:

Why Orolani instead of Egonu?

Why Del Core instead of Picci?

On Dutch side, my MVP once again is Yvon Beliën !!! She has improved so much and so fast!! In my opinion she is better than De Kruijf (more all-round) !!