2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Great performance by Russia. They're in a better level than I expected. But I also think that USA underperformed today.

The most important thing, to me, was how Russian reception worked well. If they cope USA's serve, I think they're not so difficult to beat.

Folks, did you notice that the Russian girls on the bench, specially Pasynkova, started to mimic the celebrations the USA bench usually does, as soon as Russia started to dominate the game?

• Great performance by Russia. They're in a better level than I expected. But I also think that USA underperformed today.

The most important thing, to me, was how Russian reception worked well. If they cope USA's serve, I think they're not so difficult to beat.

Folks, did you notice that the Russian girls on the bench, specially Pasynkova, started to mimic the celebrations the USA bench usually does, as soon as Russia started to dominate the game?

Yeah I noticed that and found it quite funny because it would have been impossible if it was the old Russian team :D Pasynkova,Bavykina and Zaryazhko did that together.

• No one can set as fast as Kiraly asks. The only one who could do it the whole time is Lindsey Berg. I won't blame the setters, I will blame the head coach and USA Volleyball.

Kiraly has no experience as head coach. How could have USA Volleyball gave him the head coach position in their strongest program?!

• Natasha Malykh really deserves so much to go to WCh. It will be such a difficult decision for Marichev - what to do with Opp-s.
    The start of this WGP looks pretty promising I have to say)

• Good for Russia and work out that my prediction ...... Kosheleva to me is MVP of the match :rose: , Mali is now in better shape than Obmochaeva ... Zaryazhko not for this team... To Startseva clear without it Gamova tragic ... Malova really great, but I expected it to Kryuchkov on the field .... We should not underestimate the Russians .... have special greetings from the Russians .... And this is just the beginning, Russia ANSPs to show more good game in the race to defend and block! And finally Fetisov was an impressive :heart: :dance4: :dance4:

• Marichev did a good job by changing 4 players that played quite bad in the 1st set and he turned the table on the US.

-Kosheleva, this is her true self when she's healthy.
    -Malykh , nothing to be said here ,she's the next top class OPP.
    -Fetisova, I've written on this forum before that she's the new Yulia Morozova.
    -Malova, she should be starter from now on.

• Wow, Am I getting irrational or what? With the argentinian jersey that is the same one as the Argentina's football team, It pretty looks like Leonel Messi will come to the court and perform volleyball...

• Russia deserved it.i think they will leave Ankara with 3 wins .

After first set Usa's level dropped a lot.Their serve was not as effective as in first set afterwards.
    i dont like Murphy,Hill,Richards. if it works for usa team with these players ,its because of the system they have created/formed since last two olympic games ,otherwise i cant see a great player other than Akinradewo in the team. usa is far from the level they had reached in London.of course absence of some very good players has a say in that.

• Im surprise Flier is there... I imagine if something happened to Muijlwijk?

I was surprised when Sander posted the 2nd round roster...I don't know what's up with Mujijlwijk. Flier only played as sub at the end of 1st set, although it was too short to see how she performs but she's definitely not ready to get in her right shape...

• No way he will leave Malykh/ Gonch and gamova. That means one wing spiker will be axed. Scherban/ Kosh duo is pretty good. Pasynkova and Kutyukova will fight for the 3rd spot. Also with the return of Morozova MB is also stacked. Love how promising Fetisova is.

Natasha Malykh really deserves so much to go to WCh. It will be such a difficult decision for Marichev - what to do with Opp-s.
    The start of this WGP looks pretty promising I have to say)

will

• Yes...I think if i was him Id take the three of them. :lol:

And I think he will do it!)
    Once again watching Pasynkova's performance - she's just not on the level. I start to think that Sokolova couldn't possibly be worse than her.

• Judith Pietersen with no points yet and I love Yvone Belien! She's so promising, clearly better than Steenbergen.

• Meanwhile in Division III Kazakh team beats Mexico without any doubts, moreover Inna Matveyeva is back in team ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And I think he will do it!)
    Once again watching Pasynkova's performance - she's just not on the level. I start to think that Sokolova couldn't possibly be worse than her.

Sasha Pasynova wasn't so bad today...and her role is the same one as Scherban. I think If Pasynkova kept playing, she would just have played like Scherban. There's no much level difference between those two. I agree with you about Marichev's decision on OPP position, but I also think he needs to think a lot about his MBs too. All of them are playing so good except Zaryazhko... most likely Morozova, Shlyakhovaya, Podskalnaya and Fetisova will be called I guess...(Jeez, It's going to take forever spelling these names :D )