2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I don't want to talk about politics but majority of Turkish public is angry to West because of their position in Israel-Palestine conflict. Because people thinks Russia supports Palestine unlike other European countries, significant number of Turks maybe pro-Russian in this issue.

Thanks a lot for response! Makes great sense :thumbsup:

• Btw, were there any protests towards Russian government in Ankara due to the conflicts with Ukraine and plane crash? I was quite worried about this actually

I guess you wanted to say "Crimea and tartars" as those are by far more important points for Turkey than Ukraine and the MH17. I doubt there was anything serious as (you may be surprised but) Russia and Turkey overall get on very well. Turkey is facing many tough challenges, there was some serious unrest there earlier this year so one can think that they were busy at home. However, I think the key moment is the lack of moronic individuals like Carl Bildt who almost single-handedly brought Europe into this sh*t. That is, Turkey is wise enough not to punch the bear in his nose for the sake of fun.

• I guess you wanted to say "Crimea and tartars" as those are by far more important points for Turkey than Ukraine and the MH17. I doubt there was anything serious as (you may be surprised but) Russia and Turkey overall get on very well. Turkey is facing many tough challenges, there was some serious unrest there earlier this year so one can think that they were busy at home. However, I think the key moment is the lack of moronic individuals like Carl Bildt who almost single-handedly brought Europe into this sh*t. That is, Turkey is wise enough not to punch the bear in his nose for the sake of fun.

Well I'm glad there were no protests although I'm not a big fan of both governments. Btw, I'm actually Turkish, not Swedish, so I hope they will keep politics away from volleyball at least in my country. :thumbup:
    :offtopic:

• Well I'm glad there were no protests although I'm not a big fan of both governments. Btw, I'm actually Turkish, not Swedish, so I hope they will keep politics away from volleyball at least in my country. :thumbup:
    :offtopic:

That will be the right way but I think right now it won't be possible for an Israel team to play in Turkey. :offtopic: (Sorry for the offtopic, it will be my last message )

• The technical level of this match is so low...so sad to see Italy play this bad especially in reception. There is no middle attack at all

• Centoni going out with a knee injury, apparently she also hurt herself landing after an attack, but at least it didn't look any spectacular...

Every single tight decision of the referee has gone Italy's way in this match. Challenge system is urgently needed!!!

• I see that I missed a lot throughout whole day ;( unfortunately I can base only on stats because I'll have no time to see even most important games ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The referee is so biased in favor of Italy it's ridiculous. It seems referees today in general have been terrible so far (there were some awful calls during BRA-DOM too).

• With a great help from the referee, Italy wins

• Very intense match between Italy and China and very entertaining. I agree, the referees have been terrible, and unlike other matches, in this one they were clearly biased towards Italy. In other matches there have been bad decisions as well but they have been more or less balanced between the teams, but in this match there were at least 10 points for Italy that could have/should have gone China's way.

Bosetti played very well in tiebreak, I think she should have entered earlier because Piccinini and Fiorin both were really weak today.

• Outside of topic: I like Karl Bildt, too bad European countries think more about money than secuirty otherwise Europe would not be so passive about what Putin is doing /by the way I make difference between Russia and Putin /. Invading foreign countries and taking territory should not stay unpunished otherwise it could happen everywhere. Furthermore, Both USA and RUSSIA signed a contract to keep Ukraine whole if the country surrender its nuclear weapons. Now the whole world saw that the only sure defense is to have nuclear weapons. No state will ever again surrender its missiles after that breach from both sides /Obama is not better than Putin/.

• E alla fine l'Italia vince :cheesy:
    Great blocks in the 5th set ! Nice to see the U 21 (Diouf, Chrichella and " la Cate") with this grinta :box:
    I don't understand the reaction of the Chinese coach against referees.
    There really were Chinese faults at the net, including one very dangerous !