2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Kim Yeon-koung :obey: :obey: Congratulations! Nice surprise ;)

Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - Olympic Games 2012
    Gold Medal - Prediction Game - Men's - European Championship 2015
    Silver Medal
    - Prediction Game - Women's - Olympic Games 2012

がんばれ 日本!

• 42 points and it is against Russia, not a shitty Japanese league match :rolleyes:

Russia is topsyturvy :white: They got 0 point from last 3 matches 8| After replacing Malykh with Goncharova, team totally changed into old boring Russian style :down:

• Turkey - Germany: 3-1

First 2 sets were amazing, Asuman had good variations in her game and it was really fun to watch. However the 3rd set was pretty boring with both teams committing errors.
    From the Turkish side, Meliha started very well but ended pretty bad. Asuman is an OK setter but made bad decisions in critical points. Her sets to position 6 were sometimes meaningless and some sets were off.
    From the German side, it was a silly decision to start with Weiss. Turkish middles had troubles to block when Apitz was in. Both Kozuch and Lippman were useless today. Brinker was a total failure in reception, she can compete with Neriman. However she was the only reliable scorer. Moreover German team did not serve as well as they used to do. I think Turkey served quite better today.

It's a bit off topic but Turkish commentators in Trt Spor were incredibly ignorant. I'm not sure if they really watch these players ever or know them. One of the commentators (Murat Yucekok) was surprised that Guidetti's strategy was to serve on Gizem. He claimed that "It's meaningless to serve on such a great receiver like Gizem Karadayi". He also commented to one of the receptions of Brinker such as "I have never seen such a funny reception" and I'm not sure if that guy was watching Neriman at all. I assume he was confused about Gizem Örge and Karadayi himself or he knows Gizem Karadayi in person. The comments were full of silly things like this. Shame on you TRT! :down:

• 2nd Division Final Four, Poland:

semi-finals:

The Netherlands - Puerto Rico

Poland - Belgium

• Gözde and Neriman played better today. Kübra keeps shining match by match. She is second best blocker after Thaisa :obey: ALso she has served very well at crucial moments of the game. On the other hand, Meliha is not contributing as much as I expected from her. She has made many mistakes at reception and not attacking well from zone 2 neither :down: However, out weakest position is not Meliha. It is our libero unfortunately. She might be weakest receiver libero among ones in Group 1. :aww:

German is in a mess, I don't know how much they can improve their level till WCh :whistle:

• Gözde and Neriman played better today. Kübra keeps shining match by match. She is second best blocker after Thaisa :obey: ALso she has served very well at crucial moments of the game. On the other hand, Meliha is not contributing as much as I expected from her. She has made many mistakes at reception and not attacking well from zone 2 neither :down: However, out weakest position is not Meliha. It is our libero unfortunately. She might be weakest receiver libero among ones in Group 1. :aww:

German is in a mess, I don't know how much they can improve their level till WCh :whistle:

I haven't seen a lot from Meliha but to me it looks like her arm swing is not letting her hit on the right side as good as she can on the left.. She has a very specific arm swing, something like Pasynkova and many balls that are tight to the net she hits into the block.. Maybe I am wrong I don't know to me it looked like it.. Has she ever played on the right? If not than it might be hard for a young player to adjust.. many older players have problems with it

• Kim :obey: what a performance 8o she was just unstoppable :super: 38/65 spikes -> 58,46% + 3 blocks + 1 ace :thumbsup:
    Just a world class, nothing to add more, comparing to V-League or Korean League :wavy:

And Russia what a collapse after nice first weekend now they did horrible :aww: Malykh with Kosianenko played much better in first weekend, also Kosheleva played poorer than in last games...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• terribl

The terribleness of our OHs changes from day to day. On Friday Geerties and Weihenmaier played well, yesterday they were bad and Beier and Brinker played well. It's unpredictable which of the OHs will be the least terrible on a certain day...

The terribleness of our OHs changes from day to day. On Friday Geerties and Weihenmaier played well, yesterday they were bad and Beier and Brinker played well. It's unpredictable which of the OHs will be the least terrible on a certain day...

Guidetti doesn't get enough credit for overcoming Germany's HUGE instability/weakness at OH, which is the most important position. Germany has comparable talent at other positions (libero, setter, middles, opposite if Kozuch is having a good day), but they rely so much on serving, tactics and team play to match up against teams with much better outsides --> true sign of a well-coached team.

• Vercesi living a match

I dont know if someone has posted it before, but this is a video of the Croatia vs Australia match where we can appreciate how Vercesi lives a match :cheesy:

• 1 Brazil 18

2 Turkey 13

3 China 13

4 Serbia 11

5 Italy 10

6 Usa 9

7 Korea 9

8 Germany 8

9 Russia 7

10 Japan 5

11 Dominican 3

12 Thialand 5 :read: