2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I can't wait to see Russia fighting against Brazil, If Kosheleva plays this well the match is supposed to entertain us a lot :super:

• Can someone tell me who won individuall awards in DIVISION 3 ? :)

• Wow, Kosheleva is just priceless, no one can stop her today. Russia would definitely need Shylayakhovaya and Morozova though, their young middles still struggle at blocking in the middle, It's alright when they cover but if we consider how many german MBs have scored through the middle...also Thaisa and Fabiana.

Not only blocking but the middle attack was practically absent. I would say the reception was pretty tragic. Kosheleva has never been a big help in this respect but the lack of reliable "receiving" OH creates a massive problem. Another issue is the opp. Goncharova looks as if she was still in Turkey (on the beach, not at the pitch :)) and Malykh is still very young.

• I can't wait to see Russia fighting against Brazil, If Kosheleva plays this well the match is supposed to entertain us a lot :super:

Which (What) Kosheleva ??? New SuperStar World Volleyball this is : Lise Van Hecke (BELGIUM NT) :flower: :kiss: :drink: :set: :dance6:

• Lise Van Hecke will not score so many points against Brazilian MB and Russian Triple Block :lol:

• I never knew volleyball was this popular in Russia, or is it just like a kalinindrad thing?

Russia has no attacks from the middle, only Zaryazhko sometimes...

This is a provincial town (e.g. Kaliningrad, Yekaterinburg, Surgut) thing, as there is no way to get such a crowd in Moscow or Petersburg. Another thing is that Kalinigrad used to have teams in the top league but now the funding is gone and so are the teams. Thus, these summer games are the only chances to enjoy the sport....

Well, I would love to believe that the achievements of the volleyball NTs are being appreciated in Russia but I need to think realistically :).

• She cant decide if the ball goes out or in so usually she has hard times on reception even when the ball goes directy to her she doenst have perfect rececption but its so hard on this level.And i dont know what i can say the last ball on 21-20 her set to weihenmeier or to the net :thumbdown:

The problem is that, for example (as Matthias already stated) Brinker don´t takes anything. Even if it is clearly Brinker´s ball. Sometimes she takes it, most of the times she don´t.
    So, here you go. If you have someone you can not be sure wether she (Brinker in this example) takes a ball or not, Lenka has to wait for the last split second to see if the other takes the ball or not. If she has to take it (that is what was meant by covering 2/3 of the field and is also called taking responsibility) it should be clear that the reception in a situation like this can not always be perfect.
    On the other hand, even if the ball comes directly to Lenka it is often the case that Brinker wants to take that ball, even if it is clearly not hers (and also not taking balls that are hers).

So, what do you expect in reception?

She can´t decide if a ball goes in or out? Sure that it is her or is it also because of others? Maybe because of others being out of position, so she again has to take responsibility? That is what makes it look like she can´t decide, because she has to make that decision if she takes the ball or not in the very last moment.

Lenka takes great responsibility on the field, probably more than any other libero.

• Oh please...if Kosheleva played in Belgian NT she'd score 50+ every match.

Oh please...if Kosheleva played in Belgian NT she'd score 50+ every match.

BELGIUM Women's Volleyball NT- this is TEAM with Iron Character and Unbending WILL.(how and all Belgium Athletes) . They CAN CRUSH Any NT (National Team) :dance6: :box:

• I agree with you, Raven.

I remember Brinker covering more space in reception, a few years ago. But, because of that, she was easy target for opponent-serve.

• First of all thanks for your long explanation but i dont agree most of it.I can see that u r fan of her or loves her so much but i really dont think things are like that u said.Lenka waits middle of the court and ball comes directly to her not anyone but she still cant decide how she takes it.Not always but usually its like that and opponets know this so well and they disturb her so much.Yes maybe she tries to cover brinker on sme positions but i sincerley think this is not good choice cause she is not capable to do it for now.It doesnt work guidetti should find another option otherwise every team knows they can lock germany on reception and when reception is not good that means germany loses cause their game stule depends on fast sets and middles :) On this level serves are so hard to receive i accept ot but lenka can do it better,just it comes to me she isnt ready still.When its a free ball for counter attack usually libero takes the responsiblity but today and most part of grand prix lenka has problems on it.And im sure guidetti also saw that she is not that good and let thomsen play in third set.

Anyway i just want germany comes better i dont try to make bad comments about any player just i say the things which should improve for me until the most important tournament :flower:

• How will pool composition be for finals. If they would use serpentine system, It should be like;

Pool A: Japan (1)-Turkey (4)-Russia(5)
    Pool B: Brasil(2)-China(3)-Belgium(6)

I hope Turkey would manage to compete against either CHN or BRA since they are the only good team we haven't met ye this summer and it would be better to play with them at least once before WCh

• The problem is not only THAT Germany lost the sets but mainly HOW. Hectic, without organisation, making mistakes you don't even see in the lowest league. They work hard and play more or less well for most of the set, just to give it away stupidly. That's what makes me angry, not the fact that they lost the sets.

The reception was poorer than it could have been but otherwise there's nothing to be ashamed of for the Bundesteam. There is a massive gap in the individual levels of skills between the two teams but the team performance of Germans was better so... a very close game, in which nuances matter really. I'm afraid you have to just sit and wait until Germany gets its own Kosheleva. From their games vs Russia, I have no doubt that Germany belonged to F6 more than e.g. Turkey but the games against Italy seemed to be decisive here.

Brinker looks OK to me, believe it or not. She doesn't seem to have had a good school and therefore receives poorly, which is a shame, but she works OK from four and she was a big problem for Russian block.

• How will pool composition be for finals. If they would use serpentine system, It should be like;

Pool A: Japan (1)-Turkey (4)-Russia(5)
    Pool B: Brasil(2)-China(3)-Belgium(6)

I hope Turkey would manage to compete against either CHN or BRA since they are the only good team we haven't met ye this summer and it would be better to play with them at least once before WCh

Isnt final six like every teams play eachother like league system ?(

• Looks like this year it's going to be robin round system

• The reception was poorer than it could have been but otherwise there's nothing to be ashamed of for the Bundesteam. There is a massive gap in the individual levels of skills between the two teams but the team performance of Germans was better so... a very close game, in which nuances matter really. I'm afraid you have to just sit and wait until Germany gets its own Kosheleva. From their games vs Russia, I have no doubt that Germany belonged to F6 more than e.g. Turkey but the games against Italy seemed to be decisive here.

Brinker looks OK to me, believe it or not. She doesn't seem to have had a good school and therefore receives poorly, which is a shame, but she works OK from four and she was a big problem for Russian block.

What makes you think that Turkey deserves less than Germany to be in final 6 despite of the fact that Turkey played without most of their key player whereas Germany was with complete roster. :roll:

• And germany should decide who will be the first option on crucial points like turkey gözde,russia kosheleva,belgium van hecke in germany there is no one.I think it should be kozuch but today apitz tried two times in a row weiehenmeier and she unfortunatley got blocked by tripple russian block.I dont think any teams tries as hard as germans do but when they play so amateur in crucial points it has no sense you lead 22-18.They also should solve this problem on attacking

And i agree no one can say germany deserves more than turkey being in finals.Turkey is more stronger or more aggressive and they dont let the opponent takes control so easy as germans do what is so annoying.Turkey deserves to be there although i dont think they will be better with main roster this roster is better for me

• And germany should decide who will be the first option on crucial points like turkey gözde,russia kosheleva,belgium van hecke in germany there is no one.I think it should be kozuch but today apitz tried two times in a row weiehenmeier and she unfortunatley got blocked by tripple russian block.I dont think any teams tries as hard as germans do but when they play so amateur in crucial points it has no sense you lead 22-18.They also should solve this problem on attacking

That's exactly the problem, Germany has no such player. Kozuch is good in system but you can't feed her high balls. If you have Brinker, the chance is 50-50, either she gets the block-out or the no-block-out, on crucial points the 2nd option is more likely. This year our MBs are the most reliable attackers, but none of the wing hitters has been any solid. Each of them has had a couple of decent games but nobody showed any stability in their performance.

According to the stats, Germany and Russia had almost the same attack %, Germany even slightly better :what:
    I'll need to start taking my own stats during matches because this is really hard to believe.

And I wonder how the Russian scouts define "perfect reception", Germany having 8,5% and Russia 1,5% :cheesy:
    While both teams unquestionably were terrible in reception, I would doubt those numbers...

• That's exactly the problem, Germany has no such player. Kozuch is good in system but you can't feed her high balls. If you have Brinker, the chance is 50-50, either she gets the block-out or the no-block-out, on crucial points the 2nd option is more likely. This year our MBs are the most reliable attackers, but none of the wing hitters has been any solid. Each of them has had a couple of decent games but nobody showed any stability in their performance.

Already if germany can solve this they can beat aynone they compete with russia so hard and lose 27-25,26-24,26-24 its not a shame losing like this on the contrary it shows they can compete with them even they have so many weakness compare russia.I still believe kozuch sometimes she gets me surprised how she can be good if she really wants.Maybe guidetti tries lippmann and her height advantage but in this tornament she also seemed so unconfident 8|

And i agree no one can say germany deserves more than turkey being in finals.Turkey is more stronger or more aggressive and they dont let the opponent takes control so easy as germans do what is so annoying.Turkey deserves to be there although i dont think they will be better with main roster this roster is better for me

NUMBER 1 (№ 1) in Germany - this is ANGELINA GRUN !!! She it SHOULD RETURN in National TEAM Germany. :obey: :call: :drink: