2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Belgium is terrible. Why are they in this Final 6? They are absolutely no better than Thailand or Dominicans. What a strange tournament formula. Why Australia isn't here if weak teams have better chances to go to Final 6 than strong ones.
    I just can't believe how useless are Belgium's OHs. They can't score over single block, they can't receive, they can't dig, they are so heavy and slow.
    I'm certainly not happy to be watching this Belgium all week long. Only to think that USA isn't in the finals :whistle:

Well, please don't forget that this is Belgium's first WGP and they made it to final. Besides they're playing without Van Hecke who's been a crazy attacker. This set has been so awful indeed but the other sets were good enough, but I've got to agree with you about their OHs. Leys has been so useless through the whole tournament, I know she got married but with this shape she can't defend her space in starting 7.

• Well, please don't forget that this is Belgium's first WGP and they made it to final. Besides they're playing without Van Hecke who's been a crazy attacker. This set has been so awful indeed but the other sets were good enough, but I've got to agree with you about their OHs. Leys has been so useless through the whole tournament, I know she got married but with this shape she can't defend her space in starting 7.

Yeah, I think Belgium played below what they can do tonight, they can show a lot better, as we saw already previously in this WGP....first cause they were a bit nervous in the beginning, and of course Van Hecke was really missed, specially in the moments when attack was not working. But though they still made some technical mistakes (there were a lot today...mainly service and attack)...they are quite organized tactically.

Anyway, this is a very good opportunity for them to play other volleyball schools..its not even about being better or worse I think, but just adjusting your game to different styles of game. And getting used to facing them really. I think this Belgium team is better than the Dominican one for example...but the dominicans are used to face all kind of teams always playing these international tournaments, Belgium still need that feedback.

• Was anybody able to see China's reception? Did Li Jing play as a receiving OH or did Zeng Chunlei cover her reception?

Li is the receiving OH with three rounds. Her reception is a bit better than our expection.

• I think this Belgium team is better than the Dominican one for example

Yeah, absolutely agree with you about this..

• i dont know why lisa was not on the court but even without her belgium didnt play so bad.When there is van hecke leys is not problem and coolman is there for help.The only thing i dont like in belgium they dont use middles as last year.I think its so important for them.Anyway for their real performance just wait WCH ;)

• Turkey playing their life match, everyone plays very well on their position :white: Brazil somehow struggling a little bit...but I think they will find their right rhythm shortly.

• Thaisa playing football :rolll: She saved a ball by her foot. All brazilians are doomed to be talented footballers, huh?

• I dont really like this challenge system like tennis that is a computer..though true it makes equal to all...u cant challenge net, cant challenge touch in the block...

Specially when you have such a good tv quality image like in Japan... the refs should be able to use that image...like is in american football.

No matter what... FIVB should decide what they want...its just a mess that every place is a different system. :hit:

• Baharazza Toksoj killing the brazilians by her serve :white: Brazil is so messy today, Garaj and Jacqueline very unstable in reception, Sheilla not able to end any balls... Now It's 6-1 :whistle:

• Baharazza Toksoj killing the brazilians by her serve :white: Brazil is so messy today, Garaj and Jacqueline very unstable in reception, Sheilla not able to end any balls... Now It's 6-1 :whistle:

Baharazza Toksoj killing the brazilians by her serve :white: Brazil is so messy today, Garaj and Jacqueline very unstable in reception, Sheilla not able to end any balls... Now It's 6-1 :whistle:

I think, the nearly perfect game of Turkey, do not let Brazilians play their own game.