2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• He's a very good commentator. He's also quite critical of russia's blocking pattern when japan doesnt really have combination plays yet they get on one.

Reception killed russia in the end.

by the way, Paul Sunderland was the commentator in Laola for Brazil and TUR. FINALLY, they have someone knowledgeable about volleyball who commented in the match!!! a breath of fresh air.

• I have been very negative about Sokolova's return but with this performance of Pasynkova/Scherban, Sokolova still can kick their butt so hard. And Goncha as OH was kind of a joke, If yes it was a really bad joke.

• agee on that one. perhaps the worst performance they have this year yet was able to push through 5 sets. of course, big thumbs up for turkey for not succumbing to brazil and not being intimidated. all throughout the match, they never doubted their chance to beat brazil. totally well deserved win! :drink: both negative and positive side to this story is that brazil will definitely look out for them in their next match, if you know what i mean. :lol:

brazil played really poorly. but on the other hand, i love it that ze roberto inserted Carol! that will certainly be a big confidence builder for her cuz she played really great! she definitely justified her presence here in WGP. :super: does this mean goodbye for adenizia? :roll: lastly, Gabi solidified herself as the 3rd OH. she can definitely take Jaq's or Garay's place if either one of them play bad in WCH.

Not really, Brazil had bad games before but manage to win games at the end, this time Turkey made them pay for it.
    I think the bad look of the Brazil team is due to good servers and good blocking of Turkey team.
    And I should also mention that, after Brazil made it 2-2, the main distinction is that, Turkey team kept their coolness and motivation, unlike other teams Brazil faced.

• Seeing Japanese NT picture I see that Sakoda is also with team :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And I find it really funny that some people were just not caring at all to these finals (especially because there is no Gamova or Shylyakovaya, or no Serbia and US) and now that Brazil lost the first match (in the fifth set, btw), everything immediately changed! The world against Brazil :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Russia's 2nd OHs

Pasynkova 2/13
    Shcherban 2/12
    Goncha 1/9

Sokolova needs to get back ASAP!

• Russia's 2nd OHs

Pasynkova 2/13
    Shcherban 2/12
    Goncha 1/9

Sokolova needs to get back ASAP!

I also consider this fact as not stupid right now :D Russians miss good receiver

• I also consider this fact as not stupid right now :D Russians miss good receiver

Kutiukova wouldn't have been worse than those 3...Pasynkova and Scherban have been a big disappointment so far...Plus I was kinda shocked when Marichev put Goncha as OH, maybe he saw dutch team playing without any defensers :lol:

• Kutiukova wouldn't have been worse than those 3...Pasynkova and Scherban have been a big disappointment so far...Plus I was kinda shocked when Marichev put Goncha as OH, maybe he saw dutch team playing without any defensers :lol:

He already said Goncharova will be OH in the WCH so I wasn't so shocked.

• Can someone ask to guidetii that japan players are such athletic,powerful attackers or the reality is so much different to beat russia :rolll: losing 12 times in a row to russia is definetly cant have any explanation,im sure even dominic can beat them at least once :aww:

He is surely good coach but he likes so much hiding behind excuses :whistle:

• Kutiukova wouldn't have been worse than those 3...Pasynkova and Scherban have been a big disappointment so far...Plus I was kinda shocked when Marichev put Goncha as OH, maybe he saw dutch team playing without any defensers :lol:

Well, I had considered Kutyukova as a good solution before at least few times :D but she was cut and I don't think taht she'll be called back unless Marichev notices that reception struggles a lot exactly like today...

• Well, I had considered Kutyukova as a good solution before at least few times :D but she was cut and I don't think taht she'll be called back unless Marichev notices that reception struggles a lot exactly like today...

Well I also said she was the best option. I was even very surprised to see her cut because I thought she'll play as a starter with Kosheleva. Cutting her was really stupid decision by Marichev.. and I might be wrong but I read somewhere that she was injured so coming back might be impossible

• IMO, Russia's reception today was not any worse, than say in the match against Germany. The problem was more than the reception, even the spikers had a hard time killing the ball and only Kosheleva was the bright spot for this team. Given the circumstances, choosing between Kutyukova and Sokolova I would prefer the latter. The difference in receiving skill between the two is practically non existent, but Sokolova is a better attacker/blocker should she be in the front row. I am quite sad for Goncharova. Not only is she not playing well, she seems to have lost her 'drive' in these games, or am I the only one to notice this? Maybe the fact that Katya is returning to NT, and Malykh is above her level right now, she may not even be used as starting OH should Sokolova be called back in NT for World Champs.

• Read today in some Turkish sources that Eda Erdem was not really injured and did not want to join the team for WGP. Same sources claiming that she has been punished by the federation before since she has been using injuries as excuses but when checked by the doctors, it was understood that she was lying. Interesting decision.