2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• I'm not a Brazil hater (but I hate Guimares, that's true) to be completely honest and even if I were, you still could be happy because only strong teams have haters :D Have you seen any haters of Algeria or Australia for instance?

How can someone hate another one if they don't even know each other? Well, I don't care, that's your business and I should not be bothered anyway.

• How can someone hate another one if they don't even know each other? Well, I don't care, that's your business and I should not be bothered anyway.

No definitely not, not everyone can like what you like, for sure that's their business, I agree.

• No definitely not, not everyone can like what you like, for sure that's their business, I agree.

I just think HATE is too much :wavy:

• Gosh, she made my day :D

:lol: I just love her reaction.... :heart: It is so good to see that light mood inside court sometimes...I wished all players had that sense of humor....but some think that is they are not screaming and being agressive all the time is a sign they are not fighting or some crazy thought like that...

• I'm not too sure if Japan can beat Brazil tomorrow. Had they met earlier on, they could have. But Brazil is back on full force again. Japan could surprise us though.... (I do not mean to put down Turkey. They truly deserve to win. But you gotta admit that Brazil was completely out of sync on that day)

About Russia: While it's true that they're struggling, until when are they gonna rely on Sokolova and Gamova? Until the both of them are on their sixties? Russia has played well during the first week of WGP, decimating USA and Japan. They should go back and review how on earth they managed to do that. Relying on power volleyball once again equals 2 years worth of effort wasted down the drain.

About Goncharova: I think people here are a bit unfair to her. Barring her personal issues with Gamova aside, it's VERY difficult to switch from OPP to OH in just a matter of days. You cannot pressure someone, who in the first place is not a good receiver to begin with, become a world class receiving OH in a matter of days (or even a month, for that matter). Then when it did not work in the grand prix finals, put her back as an OPP (knowing that in just matter of days she will be pressured to receive once again the moment Gamova returns). That's pure mental torture!!

• I'm not too sure if Japan can beat Brazil tomorrow. Had they met earlier on, they could have. But Brazil is back on full force again. Japan could surprise us though.... (I do not mean to put down Turkey. They truly deserve to win. But you gotta admit that Brazil was completely out of sync on that day)

About Russia: While it's true that they're struggling, until when are they gonna rely on Sokolova and Gamova? Until the both of them are on their sixties? Russia has played well during the first week of WGP, decimating USA and Japan. They should go back and review how on earth they managed to do that. Relying on power volleyball once again equals 2 years worth of effort wasted down the drain.

About Goncharova: I think people here are a bit unfair to her. Barring her personal issues with Gamova aside, it's VERY difficult to switch from OPP to OH in just a matter of days. You cannot pressure someone, who in the first place is not a good receiver to begin with, become a world class receiving OH in a matter of days (or even a month, for that matter). Then when it did not work in the grand prix finals, put her back as an OPP (knowing that in just matter of days she will be pressured to receive once again the moment Gamova returns). That's pure mental torture!!

actually Goncharova must do is relive her days at OH...she started as a OH in DInamo Moscow in her earlier days

• Exactly. First time I saw her was Junior ECH 2006 with Ukraine Junior team, she played as OH there and Olga Savenchuk as OPP. However as far as I remember they were sharing reception duties back then...

that was ages ago. good luck on trying to relive that. :rolleyes:

• I've been there watching a couple of matches live, that's why I remember it well ;) Kosheleva, Chaplina, Startseva, Dianskaya, Naz, Neriman, Bahar, Veljkovic, Zivkovic and many more also played there :D

I remember that too, Goncharova was selected as MVP although Ukraine was 4th place. Also Savenchuk was great prospect at that times.

• I think, regardless of who wins,this WGP has been the tournament of Kosheleva and specially of Sonsirma.
    She was known in Europe, but now is an international volleyball star. Sometimes we confuse the best player with te best scorer. For me, Gozde should be the MVP because she receives, digs, attacks, encourages her teammates, loves volleyball and makes us enjoy of the way she plays.
    SHE IS VOLLEYBALL! :obey: :obey:

• I think, regardless of who wins,this WGP has been the tournament of Kosheleva and specially of Sonsirma.
    She was known in Europe, but now is an international volleyball star. Sometimes we confuse the best player with te best scorer. For me, Gozde should be the MVP because she receives, digs, attacks, encourages her teammates, loves volleyball and makes us enjoy of the way she plays.
    SHE IS VOLLEYBALL! :obey: :obey:

Gozde's performance is of course outstanding, but MVP often gets a player from winning team, so main contenders can be Jaqueline Carvalho, Fernanda Garay or Thaisa Menezes from Brazil and Miyu Nagaoka, Saori Kimura or Yuko Sano from Japan. Gozde Sonsirma, Tatiana Kosheleva, Chunlei Zeng and Lise Van Hecke are leading players in their teams.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• does anyone know why the US does not want hooker back in its NT?

and same with CHN and wang yimei?

Hooker had a conflict with Karch in which she disobeyed him or something, I think it's in the USA NT thread there. Too bad. But I'm not entirely sure why China doesn't want Wang Yimei. Last year in WGP I personally thought she looked way better than before (way skinnier too lol) and she didn't make nearly as many errors as she did when she was injured in 2011 and 2012. Maybe Lang Ping wants more youngsters, idk :lol: :lol: :lol:

• This Chinese team is improving quite a lot during these finals. Liu Xiaotong and Yuan Xinyue are playing great these last matches and Zeng Chunlei is solid as always. Lang Ping actually does have quite a good bench for the WCH.