2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Congrats Russia! Great come back!

Fetisova reaction in the end.... :heart: I really liked this player, I think she has great potential...and Im really looking forward to see how much she grows in the next years!

Kosheleva definitely in her best shape in the past years...she seems finally fully recovered! And that keeps that way... ^^

China felt physically the end of the game I think, they lost a bit intensity...in all skills...but they had a really hard match yesterday...so its understandable...

Really, I have no idea how Turkish players will react next..they must be exhausted!! Specially Gozde and Neriman!

• Bravo RUSSIA, happy to our bronze ... You show that you are not to be underestimated .... I thought you weak, but they stopped their mouths with a medal! :win: :box: Thank you :cup: :cup: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

• belgium is in the bottom but they definitely have shown character and they truly deserve to be in the top 6. except in their match with brazil, they stayed in contact with all their other opponents even though they were beaten 3-0 or 3-1. Congrats to these ladies! :drink:

• This GP has become great preparation for each team in the finals before Wch. Tr team especially need to stop playing in 5 and be more stable in the game. In terms of refereeing, Implementation of the Challenge system and the general performance of the referees don't fit to quality of the tournament. Hope it gets better in the next ones. Now, looking forward to seeing final game.

Btw, is there statistical data in the FIVB page? I couldn't find anything.

• How can someone hate another one if they don't even know each other? Well, I don't care, that's your business and I should not be bothered anyway.

That's exactly how someone can hate another. Knowledge trumps hate.

• BTW, FIVB are idiots. They changed the rules for next year so the winner of 2nd division won't go to the final round. I think their IQ is bellow 90.

• As we can see this one, allowing 2nd division leader to play final round didn't work. So they decide only promotion to 1st division and not allow directly to the finals. I see no problem.

• BTW, FIVB are idiots. They changed the rules for next year so the winner of 2nd division won't go to the final round. I think their IQ is bellow 90.

Not at all! Indeed it was one of the rarest thing they did right :whistle: Being champion is rewarded by promotion to Division I. Why would FIVB give extra award by also promoting them to Final 6 and exclude one of the top teams in Division I. They already give one slot to host, so one of the good teams is out of Final 6 already, no need for one more slot to a weaker team. Don't you also agree with the fact that if there was USA instead of Belgium, competition would be much more interesting and exciting :whistle:

• As we can see this one, allowing 2nd division leader to play final round didn't work. So they decide only promotion to 1st division and not allow directly to the finals. I see no problem.

I see a long chain of problems with changing rules every year. How come they know it will not work next year? What if Bulgaria wins the 2nd division - the team is strong enough to beat any top team as it did the last two years. What if other team gain momentum? That's the lesser problem -the lack of stability is the bigger one. No other sport makes such rule changes every year, because their management is not retarded. Why not FIVB become even more creative and start changing rules DURING competitions? How about that. I am thankful these persons are not ruling a country, just a federation in sports.

• I see a long chain of problems with changing rules every year. How come they know it will not work next year? What if Bulgaria wins the 2nd division - the team is strong enough to beat any top team as it did the last two years. What if other team gain momentum? That's the lesser problem -the lack of stability is the bigger one. No other sport makes such rule changes every year, because their management is not retarded. Why not FIVB become even more creative and start changing rules DURING competitions? How about that. I am thankful these persons are not ruling a country, just a federation in sports.

Well, I generally agree but this change is ok. There is a level difference. It doesn't matter which team from 2nd div are. Final round would be way competitive with USA or other teams from 1st div. As I said, other things are different and agree with you.

• I see a long chain of problems with changing rules every year. How come they know it will not work next year? What if Bulgaria wins the 2nd division - the team is strong enough to beat any top team as it did the last two years. What if other team gain momentum? That's the lesser problem -the lack of stability is the bigger one. No other sport makes such rule changes every year, because their management is not retarded. Why not FIVB become even more creative and start changing rules DURING competitions? How about that. I am thankful these persons are not ruling a country, just a federation in sports.

I think you are too harsh to FIVB although I also agree that most of their decisions are very debatable. However, there is nothing wrong to change the rule for the following year before that competition started. If they have changed this rule a few weeks ago and don't let Belgium join to Final 6, it would be unfair since they have already vested right. Thus, I don't see what is wrong to declare a rule change for next season.

By the way, Neriman has 31 points with %62 attacking ratio :obey: I hope either Gözde or Neriman would get an award for this competition. ( I hope they would give best scorer award to her instead of Kosheleva, Kosha can take best spiker award :whistle: )They deserved lots of appreciation :flower: And finally Barbolini tried Merve as main libero, she didn't make any miracle, yet, it is obvious that, with her, receptions is way more stable than the one with Gizem :win:

• Only reason you're against to new rule is Bulgaria will play in 2nd division next year :lol: :lol:

This is argumentum ad hominem, not an argument, my dear. I am against changing rules every year and I will be even if it is not in our advantage, the same way I am against playing to lose, because I have principles.

• I think you are too harsh to FIVB although I also agree that most of their decisions are very debatable. However, there is nothing wrong to change the rule for the following year before that competition started. If they have changed this rule a few weeks ago and don't let Belgium join to Final 6, it would be unfair since they have already vested right. Thus, I don't see what is wrong to declare a rule change for next season.

By the way, Neriman has 31 points with %62 attacking ratio :obey: I hope either Gözde or Neriman would get an award for this competition. ( I hope they would give best scorer award to her instead of Kosheleva, Kosha can take best spiker award :whistle: )They deserved lots of appreciation :flower: And finally Barbolini tried Merve as main libero, she didn't make any miracle, yet, it is obvious that, with her, receptions is way more stable than the one with Gizem :win:

I think awards will be best OH1 best OH2 and etc.. like last year