2015 European Championships - Netherlands and Belgium

• I don't understand all the excitement about Croatia, to be honest. They're just like a bunch of other European teams that can trouble everyone on their good they but lack consistency and sheer quality to achieve a serious result.

• I don't understand all the excitement about Croatia, to be honest. They're just like a bunch of other European teams that can trouble everyone on their good they but lack consistency and sheer quality to achieve a serious result.

I agree with Joana, Croatia is like Bulgaria, Czech and Azerbeijan are the teams that can make some surprises against top teams thanks to overperformance of their good individuals. However, they are among the medal contenders anyway. I think Italy should be the one to be criticized. They always had the most all-around OHs for years but now it seems like Del Core is not in her prime anymore and Bosetti sisters are not contributing as much as they are capable of. I wonder why did Bonitta bring Tirozzi instead of Costagrande if he wouldn't give any chance to her :down:

Germany showed a decent performance. It would be a game fun to watch since both TUR and GER are good serving teams, TUR is favourite but it is all up to Neriman and Gizem's reception. :S

• there is only like two people in this forum who really think Croatia is a top team in Europe...they are very far from that, in my opinion.
    By the way, for me NED is the best team in this tournament so far. I hope they go at least to the finals. Is there a possibility of having NED x RUS for the gold match?!

• there is only like two people in this forum who really think Croatia is a top team in Europe...they are very far from that, in my opinion.
    By the way, for me NED is the best team in this tournament so far. I hope they go at least to the finals. Is there a possibility of having NED x RUS for the gold match?!

And you think that Ned is the top team in Europe :lol: :lol: ...It will be Ned-Rus in semi finals.

• And you think that Ned is the top team in Europe :lol: :lol: ...It will be Ned-Rus in semi finals.

Well, they are at least better than Croatia :mirror:

• I agree with Joana, Croatia is like Bulgaria, Czech and Azerbeijan are the teams that can make some surprises against top teams thanks to overperformance of their good individuals. However, they are among the medal contenders anyway. I think Italy should be the one to be criticized. They always had the most all-around OHs for years but now it seems like Del Core is not in her prime anymore and Bosetti sisters are not contributing as much as they are capable of. I wonder why did Bonitta bring Tirozzi instead of Costagrande if he wouldn't give any chance to her :down:

I agree!

I'll add that I was worried about this match because we aren't in a good shape and we came from an awful match, and on the other hand Croatia came from a win vs Russia.
    So, Croatia had a good chance to beat us and I never thought it was an easy match, but imho Italy is stronger.

About Russia in the final, I don't know... I guess Rus-Ser it's going to be an interesting semifinal.
    And yes, right now it seems Oland have a very good chance to get the final. I will be pissed if they played that well against Italy and not vs Germany and eventually Turkey :P

• Well, they are at least better than Croatia :mirror:

Well, they are at least better than Croatia :mirror:

And who said that ?..you :lol: ..we beat two time already Ned and person who is super stupied, opinion doesn't mean anything to me :thumbsup:

• And who said that ?..you :lol: ..we beat two time already Ned and person who is super stupied, opinion doesn't mean anything to me :thumbsup:

If my opinion does not mean anything to you, then why do you bother to answer?
    I've said many times I don't think Croatia is a top team, and you just can't accept the fact that people have different views and opinions. That makes you the stupid one, not me, honestly.

• I too agree with Joana. Croatia not bad individually, but sucks as team. Not that rare in professional team sports, you know...

Anyway, Italy still not showing anything noteworthy. :down: If Russians play to their standard level, they will crush them.

People, we have only seen Netherland in 3 matches...I repeat THREE MATCHES! While they were excellent, lets wait before we all proclaim them the champions, yes? :aww:

• Polish fans are amazing and the best in the world! :love: :love:
    I have the impression, that the match is played in Poland :win:

• Poland plays very good :)

• I too agree with Joana. Croatia not bad individually, but sucks as team. Not that rare in professional team sports, you know...

Anyway, Italy still not showing anything noteworthy. :down: If Russians play to their standard level, they will crush them.

People, we have only seen Netherland in 3 matches...I repeat THREE MATCHES! While they were excellent, lets wait before we all proclaim them the champions, yes? :aww:

Correct. I was about to write something along those lines.

If people are mainly referring to game against Italy, this level Italy would not give you a good benchmark to talk about. Netherlands should compete against other top teams in this tournament.
    And we really need to see how they play critical points when things do not go well and when you need mental toughness. Those are question marks right now.
    Of course nobody can deny Guidetti factor, but it really is too soon to have certain conclusions about Netherlands.

• Who said Nederlands is going to win?
    I said I think they are the best team SO FAR and that I want them to reach the finals...I haven't seen anyone saying they will be the champions

• i watched Cro - Ita

i think when a good setter is on her good day like Lo bianco in this match then can make a difference indeed..for me the biggest difference btw two teams was Lo Bianco..Diouf had a good match and i like Italian blockers

Miloş was not good today,Poljak was good Topic was not bad...Croattian setter cant manage to play her team in a good rhythm-harmony-flow...these are very important for a setter to be called "good"

btw..seccond setter Brcic has a nice look...