European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• We commited about 40 errors in this match and of course our OP Wlazły didn't play as effective as in league :mad: but it shouldn't spoil Poles in way for advance, quick win tomorrow will be enough ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• We commited about 40 errors in this match and of course our OP Wlazły didn't play as effective as in league :mad: but it shouldn't spoil Poles in way for advance, quick win tomorrow will be enough ^^

Sokolov was even worse against USA

• Poland won against Latvia 3-0 (25-22 25-17 25-18] and qualified to ECH, congratulations :flower:

• Despite losing to Montenegro (2:3) Croatia qualified for ECH as well after Romania destroyed The Netherlands 3:0 :obey: :obey: Romanians simply outplayed The Dutch team, Bartha was humiliating Rauwerdink and Jorna withfloat serve while OH Bala was doing the same to Dutch block :obey: Kooy and Nimir :aww: pathetic :aww: Benne lost in time and space, Klapwijk was invisible.

• Romania swept the Netherlands 3-0, Sweden doing the same with the experimental Turkish squad. These European qualifiers are really interesting and I am quite happy the level of competition is going up. Forget the level of the so-called favourites. I mean mostly teams like Romania, Croatia, Montenegro. Volleyball is expanding in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, even England. I cannot say the same for other confederations, but volleyball looks fine in Europe.

Congratulations Croatia! Their last male ECH was in 2007 when they caught Bulgaria sleeping on the opening day and almost won (lost 2-3 eventually after a 2-0 lead).

• Romania swept the Netherlands 3-0, Sweden doing the same with the experimental Turkish squad. These European qualifiers are really interesting and I am quite happy the level of competition is going up. Forget the level of the so-called favourites. I mean mostly teams like Romania, Croatia, Montenegro. Volleyball is expanding in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, even England. I cannot say the same for other confederations, but volleyball looks fine in Europe.

Congratulations Croatia! Their last male ECH was in 2007 when they caught Bulgaria sleeping on the opening day and almost won (lost 2-3 eventually after a 2-0 lead).

I fully agree with you. I never saw such interesting qualies as this one. In Croatian pool everybody can beat anybody and we r through just because we played great 1st tournament. Don't forget that Montenegro is missing Bojić, Ćaćić and Šuljagić, Croatia is missing Kovačević, Sikirić and Vulin, Romania is w/o Olteanu, Gontariu, Stancu while Kooistra and Bontje are out for The Netherlands.

Today Boškan was cutting match with subs, he sent Ćulafić on bench after 1-2 mistakes, same goes for setter Dabović and did some other tactical subs like Radunović instead Ćuk in back row or Ćulafić instead Medenica in 1st line. Croatians are tired, that's really visible as we don't have bench at all, reception is quite poor and got worse after Raič got in as OH. We had 23:19 in 3rd set but Ćuk brothers were brilliant on serve in those moments. Romania vs The Netherlands was epic match, I can't describe how good Romanians have played, especially Bartha and Bala :obey: The Dutch looked funny.

Even we r qualified I hope we'll play with 100% and give chance to Romania or Montenegro in 3rd round as The Netherlands doesnt deserve that chance.

P.S we played great volley in 2007, if we were in any other pool I'm sure we would advance. We lost to Bulgaria 2:3, Finland and Italy 1:3 but most of sets were llost after 25:25

• To ECH qualified: Poland, Finland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Croatia and most likely Belarus. Even if Turkey wins 3-0 they need win 25-15 25-15 25-15 or better to improve points ratio, for me it's impossible.

In Play-Offs there are: Slovenia, Portugal, Estonia, Spain, Netherlands and probably Turkey.

• Swedish Player N.X because I forgot surname got v. Belarus 37 pts. In which Club will He play? Somewhere in Russia?

• Swedish Player N.X because I forgot surname got v. Belarus 37 pts. In which Club will He play? Somewhere in Russia?

Jon Marcus Nilsson in Kuzbass Kemerovo :)

• I totally forgot about Sweden :aww: so Turkey is out definitely, Nilsson made a huge effort for Sweden :thumbup:

• The young Turkish squad couldn't handle even Sweden, so we can say they failed with the experiment. Strange, it was the ECH at stake, after all. Huge disappointment for Greece as well. Losing twice at home to Estonia and Gulinelli's Slovakia.

The third-round playoffs are:

Slovenia vs. Portugal
    Estonia vs. Sweden
    Spain vs. The Netherlands

• The young Turkish squad couldn't handle even Sweden, so we can say they failed with the experiment. Strange, it was the ECH at stake, after all. Huge disappointment for Greece as well. Losing twice at home to Estonia and Gulinelli's Slovakia.

The third-round playoffs are:

Slovenia vs. Portugal
    Estonia vs. Sweden
    Spain vs. The Netherlands

even Sweden? are they a weak team ? i know Nilson is a good opp..

• even Sweden? are they a weak team ? i know Nilson is a good opp..

Sweden is not a factor in men's volleyball, even if they might be developing gradually. They are a one-man team, it's all about Marcus Nilsson. Just look at the set distribution. Their young setter Lushtak got contracted by Noliko, which is a huge step forward, but it doesn't change the fact that Turkey should've finished at least second even with this squad.

• Qualifications: - UPDATE
    1st Round - 8th - 11th May 2014 (host bold) - Winner from each Pool and two best ranked 2nd teams to 2nd Round - COMPLETED
    Pool A - Israel, Luxembourg, Moldavia, Lithuania
    Pool B - Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Switzerland, Norway
    Pool C - Macedonia, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Gerogia

2nd Round - 22th - 25th May 2014 and 29th May - 1st June 2014 - Pools' winners will play in Euro Volley 2015, 2nd from each Pool to 3rd Round
    Pool A - Poland (2nd week host), Slovenia (1st week host), Latvia, Macedonia
    Pool B - Finland (1st week host), Portugal (2nd week host), Austria, Moldova
    Pool C - Slovakia (1st week host), Estonia, Greece (2nd week host), Hungary
    Pool D - Czech Republic (2nd week host), Spain, Ukraine (1st week host), Norway
    Pool E - Netherlands, Croatia (1st week host), Montenegro (2nd week host), Romania
    Pool F - Turkey, Belarus (2nd week host), Denmark (1st week host), Sweden

3rd Round - 23th - 24th May and 30 - 31th May 2015 (date may be changed) - winners will play in Euro Volley 2015
    Slovenia - Portugal
    Estonia - Sweden
    Spain - Netherlands

• Scratch that, Italy has indeed changed their host cities to Torino and Milano, it was announced at a press conference 2 days ago.
    http://www.volleyball.bg/news/…ya-na-evrovolei-2015.html

As of latest information, the host cities and the respective sports halls for the 2015 ECH should be:

Pool A (in Bulgaria): Sofia, "Armeets" Arena
    Pool B (in Italy): Milan, "Mediolanum" Forum
    Pool C (in Bulgaria): Varna, "Palace of Culture and Sports" - still under construction as we speak
    Pool D (in Italy): Turin, "Palavela"

• As of latest information, the host cities and the respective sports halls for the 2015 ECH should be:

Pool A (in Bulgaria): Sofia, "Armeets" Arena
    Pool B (in Italy): Milan, "Mediolanum" Forum
    Pool C (in Bulgaria): Varna, "Palace of Culture and Sports" - still under construction as we speak
    Pool D (in Italy): Turin, "Palavela"

The draw is in Sofia at 16 CET today.

• A (Sofia): Bulgaria, Germany, Czech Republic, the Netherlands
    B (Turin): Italy, France, Croatia, Estonia
    C (Varna): Poland, Belgium, Belarus, Slovenia
    D (Busto Arsizio): Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Finland