European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• Slovakia have appointed Alberto Giuliani as a head coach. He is the third Italian in charge of their men's team after Emanuele Zanini and Flavio Gulinelli. Practically, Giuliani's first serious test will be the ECH in October.

• The Czech head coach Zdenek Smejkal has announced his roster for the ECH.

Setters: Jakub Janouch, Pavel Bartos
    Opposites: David Konecny, Michal Finger
    OHs: Kamil Baranek, Adam Bartos, Petr Michalek, Tomas Fila
    MBs: Ales Holubec, Jakub Vesely, Jiri Kral, Radek Mach
    Liberos: Martin Krystof, Daniel Pfeffer

No Jan Stokr, Lukas Tichacek, Filip Habr, Karel Linz. This is a really modified Czech team.

• Poland will probably go with the same roster which played in World Cup :wavy:

S: Drzyzga, Łomacz
    OP: Kurek, Konarski
    OH: Mika, Kubiak (C), Buszek, Szalpuk
    MB: Bieniek, Nowakowski, Możdżonek, Kłos
    L: Zatorski, Gacek

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Sh*t :S guys will be exhausted

• well, Antiga said in one interview that he's not going to change anything :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It can understand why Poland still use this roster. The result of 2015 and 2017 ECH will replace 2011 and 2013 edition. And, the ranking will select the teams to participate next FIVB World cup.

How is Leon situation? Wouldnt he play for Poland?

sorry, I dont follow male volleyball that much.

• Unfortunately for Poland now is the time to worry. I hope the World Champion makes it to the Olympics, but not on the expense of Bulgaria, of course :)

• Tuomas Sammelvuo announced the Finnish squad for the ECH.

Setters: Ville Juntura, Eemi Tervaportti
    Opposites: Mikko Oivanen, Olli-Pekka Ojansivu
    MBs: Konstantin Shumov, Tommi Siirila, Jukka Lehtonen, Sauli Sinkkonen
    OHs: Olli Kunnari, Niklas Seppanen, Antti Siltala, Urpo Sivula
    Liberos: Lauri Kerminen, Pasi Hyvarinen

• Tuomas Sammelvuo announced the Finnish squad for the ECH.

Setters: Ville Juntura, Eemi Tervaportti
    Opposites: Mikko Oivanen, Olli-Pekka Ojansivu
    MBs: Konstantin Shumov, Tommi Siirila, Jukka Lehtonen, Sauli Sinkkonen
    OHs: Olli Kunnari, Niklas Seppanen, Antti Siltala, Urpo Sivula
    Liberos: Lauri Kerminen, Pasi Hyvarinen

:woohoo:
    Guys, anyone, what is Pasi's current shape? I haven't seen him like for AGES!

And WHERE IS Matti Oivanen? :huh:

• How is Leon situation? Wouldnt he play for Poland?

sorry, I dont follow male volleyball that much.

No reason to say sorry ;) The situation of Leon in our NT is rather complicated, he just got a polish citizenship and our federation is doing simply everything so he can play for us as soon as possible. Though it's needed to have an agreement with Cuban federation or our federation will talk with NORCECA. It's almost not possible to see Leon in white-red team in Olympic season. Unless FIVB will make an exception.

• No reason to say sorry ;) The situation of Leon in our NT is rather complicated, he just got a polish citizenship and our federation is doing simply everything so he can play for us as soon as possible. Though it's needed to have an agreement with Cuban federation or our federation will talk with NORCECA. It's almost not possible to see Leon in white-red team in Olympic season. Unless FIVB will make an exception.

Thank you very much for that explanation! ^^

He could definitely be a big help for Poland in Rio. So, let's see what happens.

• Thank you very much for that explanation! ^^

He could definitely be a big help for Poland in Rio. So, let's see what happens.

In the FIVB sport regulation section citizenship and status of player, The condition of player who have ever played in senior level will meet requirements
    1. Have a citizen from new national federation of origin
    2. Old national federation of origin approve.
    3. New national federation of origin approve.
    4. Specific congress approve
    5. Pay a fee

In 4. I don't know the congress means. I think this year don't have World congress, but continental congress, CEV mid October, NORCECA late October.

• Philip Collin got cut from the list, and the german roster for ECH looks as follows:

Setter: Jan Zimmermann (United Volleys RheinMain), Lukas Kampa (Radom/POL)
    Opposite: Jochen Schöps (Rzeszow/POL), Georg Grozer (Belgorod/RUS)
    OH: Tom Strohbach (TV Rottenburg), Christian Fromm, Denis Kaliberda (Perugia/ITA), Sebastian Schwarz(Danzig/POL), Dirk Westphal (Nantes/FRA)
    MB: Michael Andrei (Ajaccio/FRA), Marcus Böhme (Lubin/POL), Tim Broshog (Maaseik/BEL),
    Libero: Ferdinand Tille (TSV Herrsching), Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA)

So there are 5 OHs but only 3 MBs. That is probably explainable by Kaliberda's knee problems. I could see him yesterday live and judging by his movements during preparation and warm-up i would guess that we will only see him playing as a receiving sub. Imo, that is quite a big blow for the german team.

• It seems David Konecny has picked up an injury that might prevent him from participating at the ECH, thus decreasing the value of this Czech NT even more. This should be a big chance for the Netherlands to make it to the knock-out stage.