European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• Vermeulen starting 5th set with 2nd S and 2nd OPP is a mystery to me. The double sub didn't work that well in 3rd and 4th set IMO while Nimir and van Dijk could have made a difference in 5th set. Very entertaining match nonetheless.

• Bulgaria saved asses, so Netherlands can be a victim of the draw :wavy:

Draw:
    Bulgaria - Belgium/Germany
    France - Serbia/Estonia
    Poland - Netherlands/Slovenia
    Russia - Italy/Finalnd

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• :rolll:

Van Harskamp :rolll: boosting teams morale ;)

Astonishing match, lot of great points and turnovers but I'm not impressed with Bulgarians. They are the weakest team in QF's and now I fully understand Heynen's decision to lose vs Holland

It will backfire. Playing the home team is never a good option if it can be avoided.

And a big thank you to Bulgaria for blocking their freeway to the final.

• :rolll:

Van Harskamp :rolll: boosting teams morale ;)

Astonishing match, lot of great points and turnovers but I'm not impressed with Bulgarians. They are the weakest team in QF's and now I fully understand Heynen's decision to lose vs Holland

I don't understand it. It is not fair play to chose your opponents by losing on purpose. Every coach that does has the morale of cockroach.

• I don't understand it. It is not fair play to chose your opponents by losing on purpose. Every coach that does has the morale of cockroach.

Heynen thinks differently :D he wanted Bulgaria/Netherlands over Poland, I hope that Germans will go home after quick 3-0 in Quarterfinals :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Can anyone explain why my favourite player Todorov was not changed with Nikolov after having 0 blocks and poor attack for 4 sets in a row? Furthermore, his block touch was also very poor today. Btw, the dutch setter is best cuban setter I've ever seen :lol:

• I stopped watching Italy France after 2:0 convinced that it will be 3:0 :lol:

• Can anyone explain why my favourite player Todorov was not changed with Nikolov after having 0 blocks and poor attack for 4 sets in a row? Furthermore, his block touch was also very poor today. Btw, the dutch setter is best cuban setter I've ever seen :lol:

He has some health issues. Hopefully he will be ready for the 1/4 final since he is a great spiker and Bulgaria can't rely only on Vlado Nikolov and Aleksiev

• They are the weakest team in QF's and now I fully understand Heynen's decision to lose vs Holland

You didn't need to watch the game to understand this. Poland is the best team in Europe so anyone would choose play Bulgaria if they could.

• Bulgaria saved asses, so Netherlands can be a victim of the draw :wavy:

Draw:
    Bulgaria - Belgium/Germany
    France - Serbia/Estonia
    Poland - Netherlands/Slovenia
    Russia - Italy/Finalnd

Probably France and Serbia, the final of WL 2015 :box:

I think Serbia and Italy will have no difficulty to win their games.Germany is the favorite, but everthing can happens. After what they did, i hope Belgium can play a great game and can win the game.

Slovenia and Netherlands will be a close game, but i hope Slovenia will win this.

The games os Bulgaria are alwyas nice to watch, full gym and Bulgaria always makes their games really excited.

• Bla bla bla. Germany is probably going for a gold. Not playing olympics qualifications , loses on purpose = rest for key players at match groups at ECH. I bet they will grab a gold and will enroll in history and who would like to recall or remember what they have done? Several volleyball forum fanatics and coaches of offended teams. This is volleyball... Still second-rate sport. If federations buy under table staying in elite so what did you expect? Next fakes awaits soon. You don't have long to wait. So far each national team from today elite has little or bigger sins.
    I dream that one day volleyball will be as popular as rugby and then everything would be changed for a better.

• Poland did lose on purpose in 2011, but in my opinion, that was a well-justified one. It was a good revenge to someone who lost on purpose in WCH 2010, which caused Poland end up in a tough group in the second stage and got eliminated too early...

who was POL avenging against? please tell me, i wasn't following the 2010 WCh at the time.

if it's true GER is manipulating the results, i hope not only that the deutsch don't qualify to the olympics, i also wish they lose all their next matches. not to mention being banned. it's disgraceful. remember all that scandal about the badminton players?

• Bla bla bla. Germany is probably going for a gold. Not playing olympics qualifications , loses on purpose = rest for key players at match groups at ECH. I bet they will grab a gold and will enroll in history and who would like to recall or remember what they have done? Several volleyball forum fanatics and coaches of offended teams. This is volleyball... Still second-rate sport. If federations buy under table staying in elite so what did you expect? Next fakes awaits soon. You don't have long to wait. So far each national team from today elite has little or bigger sins.
    I dream that one day volleyball will be as popular as rugby and then everything would be changed for a better.

Volleyball is way more popular than rugby. Ask nations as Brazil, Russia, Turkey, Argentina which sport is more popular and you will see it. Opinion of England and Australia doesn't mean nothing.

• does ITA prefer to face POL and RUS rather than BUL and SER? cause that's what's gonna happen by losing to FRA...

No way they lost this on purpose when on the other side there's Germany, the joke of world's volleyball, and LOLgaria. However Serbia has always been a tough nut to crack, I believe we have far better chances to win against Russia.

Which Russia will show up is a different matter.

Anyway we want gold. 10 years without a gold medal is unacceptable. We have to win every match left in the tournament for gold, so it doesn't matter who we have to play against.

• It seems i missed some good action tonight.....

Looking at Bulgarian results i start to wonder whether the first german match was already part of Dr. Fausts Heynen's evil plan? Going to tie-breaks with the Netherlands and the Czechs? Surely not a sign of strength.

I already declared my dislike about loosing a match on purpose but at least german mens volleyball draws some attention now :lol: . Over the years i mostly talked to myself on here, when i wrote about the german team. From the most ignored to the most hated. A kind of progress?

Heynen and the team have big pressure now and evryting but a final would be a big shame.

I dream that one day volleyball will be as popular as rugby

We have a thread on here for the world cup. Feel free to join. I will start posting again towards the quarter-finals 8)

• It seems i missed some good action tonight.....

Looking at Bulgarian results i start to wonder whether the first german match was already part of Dr. Fausts Heynen's evil plan? Going to tie-breaks with the Netherlands and the Czechs? Surely not a sign of strength.

The q is what the final goal of the Plan is. So far, it seems as if Deutschland purposely prepared for the Bremen friendly vs Russia. Btw, is Germany already a part of the Euro Olympic qualification?