European Championships 2015 - hosts Italy and Bulgaria

• It's truly pleasure watching Slovenia playing and surprising the world of fans. Fingers tightly crossed for the coming final between Slovenia and France, two of the fastest improving teams in the recent volley world. Beers are ready, Laola1 is ready, fire on!

I can't read Polish, or understand the German commentator... So can anyone help to explain a bit why the group of Polish fans cheered for Slovenia rather than Italy during the semi, please? Don't get me wrong, I think that was very cute :)

• It's truly pleasure watching Slovenia playing and surprising the world of fans. Fingers tightly crossed for the coming final between Slovenia and France, two of the fastest improving teams in the recent volley world. Beers are ready, Laola1 is ready, fire on!

I can't read Polish, or understand the German commentator... So can anyone help to explain a bit why the group of Polish fans cheered for Slovenia rather than Italy during the semi, please? Don't get me wrong, I think that was very cute :)

Well, I think Poles expected to see their guys fighting for the final, turned out to be different, that's life :) Slovenia did absolutely everything to deserve this true sympathy among Polish fans, I think that thanks to Slovenians beating also Italy and advancing to the final this defeat became less bitter for Poles. Generally polish fans rather support the team that is less expected to win and they decided Slovenians deserve their support more than Italians. Besides, we have never been true friends if I remember all polish-italian clashes :P

And if it comes to the flag with the description which polish fans were holding, what's written there means: "Faithful after defeat. Berlin will be ours" ;)

• Thanks a lot Bella! I assumed Polish fans chose to UN-support Italy because they might still feel unhappy that Italy crushed Poland's plan to win the World Cup, or at least a ticket to Rio. But yeah, supporting an underdog team is indeed somehow exciting :)

Well, I think Poles expected to see their guys fighting for the final, turned out to be different, that's life :) Slovenia did absolutely everything to deserve this true sympathy among Polish fans, I think that thanks to Slovenians beating also Italy and advancing to the final this defeat became less bitter for Poles. Generally polish fans rather support the team that is less expected to win and they decided Slovenians deserve their support more than Italians. Besides, we have never been true friends if I remember all polish-italian clashes :P

And if it comes to the flag with the description which polish fans were holding, what's written there means: "Faithful after defeat. Berlin will be ours" ;)

• -Best starting six; Ngapeth,Urnaut,Rouzier, Le Roux, Grebennikov , ?,? (I can't decide the second MB and Setter)

I

Todorov. I think they will even give him Best Blocker award.
    For me Ivanov, the Bulgarian libero deserves big praise as well. He is way better than Salparov and played very good last couple of games.

• I agree with you in some points.

-Biggest surprises: Slovenia beating Italy, Poland and playing the
    final!!!!, Bulgaria twice beating Germany so easily ,Estonia's
    performance

-Most valuable player; Urnaut - Toniutti or Rouzier or Ngapeth (let's see how he will play today)

-Losers of the tournament: Heynen is the biggest loser in this ECh.

About Alekno, it seems that the problem was not just the coach, and this is only the 2nd competiton of Alekno in NT after his comeback. Players needs to play better. If they are not playing well as a team, their best playes should have made the diference.

-Best starting six; Ngapeth,Urnaut,Rouzier, Le Roux, Grebennikov , ?,? (I can't decide the second MB and Setter)..
    Setter IMO is Toniutti, he is the best :obey:
    The second MB, what about Piano :?: :rolll: :dance6: :aww:
    Pajenk played a good game against Italy, so he can be my second
    choice. But Le Goff could be a good choise too. Actually, i think french
    MBs are better than any other team.

-Best match: France vs Italy, i liked this game too. It was so excited.

• OK, I confess I am ashamed to ask something like this, but I honestly had never seen it in my life before. What happened in the situation when Giannelli tipped the second ball on counterattack (Zaytsev's serve) after Colaci received it with two hands from below? Ralph Bergmann explained it during Laola1's stream, but I didn't really understand the rule itself. It happened at the beginning of the second set before the second technical time-out. I would appreciate an explanation indeed as I don't know this rule.

• OK, I confess I am ashamed to ask something like this, but I honestly had never seen it in my life before. What happened in the situation when Giannelli tipped the second ball on counterattack (Zaytsev's serve) after Colaci received it with two hands from below? Ralph Bergmann explained it during Laola1's stream, but I didn't really understand the rule itself. It happened at the beginning of the second set before the second technical time-out. I would appreciate an explanation indeed as I don't know this rule.

The rule is that the ball may not be attacked above the height of the net when the libero sets the ball with the fingers in the 3m zone, and that also counts for 2nd ball, so after Colaci received the ball overhand Giannelli was not allowed to attack it.

• I didn't get it also. There is no Bulgarian team in the hall right now. Maybe their worst performance of the tournament.
    Bulgarian libero is a terrific receiver :thumbup:

I am sorry, but it is the most easily predictable match since the playoffs started. The Bulgarian team finished around midnight last night and would never recover physically and mostly mentally for a meaningless bronze medal match in time. They are still in pain and thinking about what they have missed against France, what they are showing right now is not volleyball and we knew that would happen immediately after Yosifov missed that attack at the match point.

The rule is that the ball may not be attacked above the height of the net when the libero sets the ball with the fingers in the 3m zone, and that also counts for 2nd ball, so after Colaci received the ball overhand Giannelli was not allowed to attack it.

Colaci didn't receive the ball overhand, this is where my confusion started. Yes, when an overhand pass is present, it would be perfectly clear why Giannelli is not allowed to attack the second ball. I am not 100% sure, but I think Colaci bumped the ball.

• The rule is that the ball may not be attacked above the height of the net when the libero sets the ball with the fingers in the 3m zone, and that also counts for 2nd ball, so after Colaci received the ball overhand Giannelli was not allowed to attack it.

But thank you, Matthias, for the explanation!

• Colaci didn't receive the ball overhand, this is where my confusion started. Yes, when an overhand pass is present, it would be perfectly clear why Giannelli is not allowed to attack the second ball. I am not 100% sure, but I think Colaci bumped the ball.

No he didn't, I'm sure he received it overhand because I was right away thinking "Giannelli, don't dump the ball!" :D

• No he didn't, I'm sure he received it overhand because I was right away thinking "Giannelli, don't dump the ball!" :D

Thank you very much once again! I would check the situation because maybe I missed the exact position of Colaci. You're probably right as it would make ABSOLUTELY no sense to ban the setter from attacking the second ball after a bump by the libero as the setter himself is in front row, he can do whatever he wants.

• Why didn't Uchikov play yesterday? Why did Plamen appoint Gradinarov instead of Uchikov? Why did Plamen substitute Aleksiev with Salparov and weaken the Bulgarian offensive power towards the end of the match?

Because Gradinarov substituted V. Nikolov in the group match vs the Netherlands, and he played surprisingly well.

The substitution of Aleksiev with Salparov has happened a couple of times in this championship. Plamen might want Aleksiev who's no longer that young to take a rest, and at the same time to improve the reception of the team. Aleksiev doesn't make pipe attack that often.