2014 FIVB World League

• Brazil with 0 points against Italy at home :dance4: Zaytsev was unstoppable :cheesy: Murilo is still out of shape :whistle: Bruno sets horribly. Lucarelli and Theo weren't enough today. Italy didn't have any weaker moment, maybe only in the end of second set.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Italy won again 3-1 (25-17, 24-26, 25-23, 25-20). I really didnt expect it. Matteo Piano had a super match in block: 8 pts. He blocked more than all Brazil together.
    However, Travica really needs to improve his setting to the middles. Four sets and only 5 points by the middles...

• It makes me sad to say this, but Brazil is not gonna beat anyone playing like this. Nothing's working - serves, blocking, defense. I hope these losses serve as a wake-up call, but I doubt it. The passion is simply gone. ;(
    I fear they won't even be able to be in classification range for the next round given they still have to face Poland and Iran next.

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Bronze - Volleyball Nations League 2019 (W) Prediction Game

• Italy played really well, especially in reception and block-difense line. They're in good shape already, sincerely I didn't expect them to play this good already, especially against Brasil in Brasil! on the other hand work in progress for Brasil, but I believe they'll get a better condition through out the summer, they will be on top when it counts and everybody will have to watch out!!

• Bratoev and Sokolov are the weak links in Bulgarian NT. The first is not good enough setter, the second has forgotten everything learned from Stoychev and in Cuneo and plays like in the days in Marek.

• 42 errors by the USA and they still won? I can say that with a poor result like that, and the 37 errors on Friday, the US is lucky to have left Bulgaria with 5 points in two matches.

They won because Bulgaria is even worse :whistle: their OHs are so incosistent, while Tsetso is making too many errors :whistle: meanwhile Bratoev's setting doesn't convince neither :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Our team had only one training prior to the matches, most of the players play with injuries. I don't blame Aleksiev, he is not recovered, but Sokolov is from best opposite to average in the last year.

• Bratoev and Sokolov are the weak links in Bulgarian NT. The first is not good enough setter, the second has forgotten everything learned from Stoychev and in Cuneo and plays like in the days in Marek.

The problem of Georgi Bratoev is the lack of competition for the starting lineup right now. He seems to lose focus often, which would be diminished with the re-appearance of Zhekov. Dimitrov is not trusted enough in these more important matches, thus Bratoev will still be on court when he starts doing mistakes. Sokolov hasn't forgotten anything. About 10 days ago he was still in Brazil, he is exhausted and injured. He will need time. He is still not the ultimate best opposite in the world, I've shared my opinion, but you cannot criticize him just now. The team had only two practices together before the first two official games. Besides, the two lost matchballs in the third set yesterday set a wrong direction for the entire weekend. A known weakness of team Bulgaria, but it is the truth. Bulgaria had been outplaying the USA before 24-23 in the third set. 3-0 yesterday and Bulgaria would've been fresh for the game tonight. However, USA woke up and showed better physical condition overall. Deserved victory today. Special praise for Micah Christenson and Taylor Sander for the great weekend.

Last, Sokolov didn't learn that much from Stoychev, the guy put him on the Trentino bench most of the time. I think you should reduce your stoychevism.

• You guys talk so bad about Beretta, but do not mention Piano simply can't kill any ball, and it is not just cause of Travica's sets, he is a weak attacker, good blocker tough.

I don't think Brazil was that bad, this is the reality of our team, in the moment we have only Lucarelli on OH, the rest are have not convinced yet, maybe Lipe Fonteles can show something after another good team season, but i dunno. The middles are not in their best shape, neither Bruno, and we have to remember Wallace is out, and certainly when he gets back the team will improve a lot, because Theo you know, never coould count on him and Vissoto only plays good on the end of the competitions.... Considering all of it we played against a team on fire, that clearly took advantage of the chemestry of team due to teh fact many players play togheter.

• I am talking about the decisions which Sokolov takes when spiking. even against single or no block. His shape could expain the power of his spiking or the serve errors /although he made a lot of errors since he stopped training with Stoychev/ but not the way he rarely finds direction or approach that can lead to a point. About Trentino and Bulgaria NT with Stoychev - in those teams every possible situation is practiced multiple times in training and the players are prepared to play correctly in every game situation. Tjhe attention to detail and the perfectionism of Stoychev is the reason to win 18 tropheys as coach so far. That was the reason why in matches in which Sokolov played to be efficient. Later, in Cuneo he was with the best setter for him - Grbic, which made his game easy. The last year in Trentino in the matches I watched he didn't play with the previous variety and now in the NT in whih Bratoev - the most predictable setter in the universe - he is constantly facing huge double and triple blocks and he can't score against them because of the lack of variety. The problem was that he was stopped often by bare net or single blocker unfortunately.

• You guys talk so bad about Beretta, but do not mention Piano simply can't kill any ball, and it is not just cause of Travica's sets, he is a weak attacker, good blocker tough.

I don't think Brazil was that bad, this is the reality of our team, in the moment we have only Lucarelli on OH, the rest are have not convinced yet, maybe Lipe Fonteles can show something after another good team season, but i dunno. The middles are not in their best shape, neither Bruno, and we have to remember Wallace is out, and certainly when he gets back the team will improve a lot, because Theo you know, never coould count on him and Vissoto only plays good on the end of the competitions.... Considering all of it we played against a team on fire, that clearly took advantage of the chemestry of team due to teh fact many players play togheter.

Brazil always starts bad, but gathers momentum later on. Three teams will qualify from this group so the team wil be on the finals.

• It makes me sad to say this, but Brazil is not gonna beat anyone playing like this. Nothing's working - serves, blocking, defense. I hope these losses serve as a wake-up call, but I doubt it. The passion is simply gone. ;(
    I fear they won't even be able to be in classification range for the next round given they still have to face Poland and Iran next.

Don't worry. With Poland Brazil will win so easy. Because Antiga will send only our reserve players to Brazil. There is big pression on our team because of hosting world championship which is coming soon and Antiga doesn't want to make Anastasi's mistake in 2012 and win world league, and next our players were so overtired for olympics which was the most important competition. Our main target will be matches with Iran at the end of the matches in our group.

• My god, what an abysmal performance...

Conte ended playing opp in the third set because of such a poor performance of Pereyra and Gonzalez. Block was also inexistent, each time France had an accurate reception and the ball went to Rouzier, it was an automatic point.

Velasco went on to make a glorious rant at the end of the match (I wish I had a video of it), he basically said he has to change the mentality of the team altogether cuz the argentine player has a footballistic approach to Vball that isn't acceptable. In football you make THE great goal and you can win the match just with that, likewise our players think when they make THE great point it means something, when in reality Volleyball is point after point after point of the same. They are prone to completely lose concentration because their minds "stay" at that point when it's over. Likewise, whenever it's the opponent who scores such point, they still "stay" in that point thinking in their mistake and the opponent then easily scores 3 or 4 in a row, making a comeback impossible.
    He also was angry because of some things that just aren't normal... like our attackers make points more easily when the setter sets the ball low but then they send it flying nowhere when the set is high, we block better with two guys that with three, etc :hit:

Sadly now we have to play germany which is a team that exploits our weakness the most... but better learning from losses now than in the important tournaments.

• Argentina should won first match, today they were disgusting as team, 0 motivation and France finished every first ball = no block, no digs by argentinian players, only Filardi keep good level, Conte is error machine and I would see Cecco after 2-3 in first match

• Heynen is rotating the team for the matches in Argentina. Schöps, Tille and Broshog stay in Germany. They will be replaced by Prolingheuer, Kaliberda and Zachrich.
    That means, Simon Hirsch will play a lot. I am really curious on his performance. I hope he uses this opportunity and presents himself well.

German roster for Argentina:
    Setter: Lukas Kampa (Radom/POL), Sebastian Kühner (BR Volleys)
    Op: Simon Hirsch (Generali Haching), Marvin Prolingheuer (TV Ingersoll Bühl)
    OH: Christian Fromm (Citta di Castello/ITA), Björn Höhne (TV Ingersoll Bühl), Dirk Westphal (Radom/POL), Denis Kaliberda (Wegiel/POL)
    MB: Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Michael Andrei (St-Nazaire/FRA), Jaromir Zachrich (SWD-Powervolleys Düren)
    Libero: Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA)