2014 FIVB World League

• Russia will come with full team in Bulgaria. There is only one nation they support in the Balkans and it is Serbia.

It has nothing to do with favouring one country over another, but it's all about scheduling and you know it very well.
    Honestly, I'd rather see A-team Russia smash Bulgaria than us beating pathetic B-team with Zemchenok. We need real tests versus the strongest teams in the world. And given our shaky play and injuries, I'm not sure we can even beat this Russia.

• Serbia won today 3-1, Nemanja Petric had great game :super: most Russians on disappointing level, especially their OP Zemchenok, where did Voronkov find him :aww: he's only a backup in club :wacko: pity that Moroz couldn't be here ;(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Argentina - Germany has already started. By Argentina we have Filardi, Quiroga and Conte simultaneously on court, so probably Conte is again as OP :whistle: Pereyra is on bench, while there is no Gonzalez.
    By Germans Kampa with Kaliberda on bench...

• No live stream?

Try this: http://www.frombar.com/2014053…ca87.38792601-831390.html
    or this: http://www.frombar.com/2014060…19c3.39250854-831416.html

There should be more on other websites if these don't work ^^

• Argentinians with quick 3-0 Conte with 17 points, Quiroga and Westpahl with 11, Kaliberda didn't enter the court.

• It's not a surprise Servia beat Russia B on their homecrowd, honestly i see a lot of potencial in this new servian team, especially if coach bring to main line, Ivovic, Petric and Lisinac, i do think they will be a threath to Russia A, Brazil and Italy on Wch.

I couldn't watch the matches but it seems that my Ostapenko and Smoliar did not convinced on MB, Khtey still not in his best shape and Biryukov and Savin with a terrible reception/ defensive skills. About Zenchenok, it's like he will not be part of this team, so it doesn't matter hehehe

• Argentinians with quick 3-0 Conte with 17 points, Quiroga and Westpahl with 11, Kaliberda didn't enter the court.

Expected result, considering germany's line up :roll:
    Starting six: Sebastian Kühner (6 points), Simon Hirsch (8 of 19), Michael Andrei, Philipp Collin, Dirk Westphal (9 of 15), Christian Fromm (4 points), Markus Steuerwald

By the way, the stats, delivered by FiVB are absolute garbage. Where are reception numbers?? :thumbdown:

• In two weeks, I have a chance to see them LIVE against Belgium. Is this worth paying $$ to go watch in person? I was thrilled to find out that the World League would make a stop in my hometown finally, but disappointed to see it's against Belgium. Tell me about this team? Will it be somewhat competitive between Canada and Belgium?

Well, belgiums volleyball is clearly on the rise, women and men. Of course, it depends on with which selection of players they are travelling to Canada but to be honest, if Belgium A is playing Canada A, i would put my money on Belgium at the moment 8) .
    So yes, in your place, i would defenitely go to watch the matches.......

• It has nothing to do with favouring one country over another, but it's all about scheduling and you know it very well.
    Honestly, I'd rather see A-team Russia smash Bulgaria than us beating pathetic B-team with Zemchenok. We need real tests versus the strongest teams in the world. And given our shaky play and injuries, I'm not sure we can even beat this Russia.

I am sure than you get more pleasure from defeats than from victories, you don't feel very Bulgarian, do you?.

P.S. Sorry for that remark, I was feeling homicidal towards Lazarov who always sabotages the team before Olympic games in order to please his russian business partners even if they don't want it and know Russia helps Serbia. You have no fault, my apologies. :drink:

• I guess Velasco was already annoyed by Pereyra's greatness :D :gone: and I'm curious which from two magicians will be first coach's choice throughout the season: Uriarte or De Cecco.
    Have to say that I'm not impressed at all with this second or even third German team. Neither with this Russian team. Completely don't get Voronkov's choice. I can only guess how many much better OPPs than Zemchenok has Superleague. Moroz maybe scares the hel* out of me but still plays much more interesting.
    In the meantime Serbs became one of the most absorbing team. Lisinac, Petric, Ivovic, younger Kovacevic... What a reachness. Plus I think I never get bored of Atanasijevic :rolleyes: He's simply amazing. Every time he's on serve I'm strangely calm that he's going to serve in the right place. Well, I won't be that calm if he will bombard my team though :S :D

• Chinese roster of next week:
    S - Jiao Shuai, Li Run-ming
    OP - Yuan Zhi, Kou Zhi-chao
    OH - Zhong Wei-jun, Zhang Chen, Cui Jian-jun, Ji Dao-shuai
    MB - Liang Chun-long, Geng Xin, Bian Hong-min
    L - Chu Hui

Players are so old but truly not strong.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I clearly remembered those names since I was in senior high. I'm now in graduate school and they are STILL playing??!
    Simply shocked.

• How come the Netherlands lost to Korea :aww: this team really has a huge problem

Sometimes u act like u fell from space just a moment ago. U r surprised by Korea win :rolll: Just a week ago The Netherlands lost in straight sets to Romania, 2 weeks ago Croatia trashed them, even MNE beat them and the Dutch were with better roster in ECH qualies.

They luckily won 1st match 3:0, Kooy's serves made the difference. But hey, u cant serve 10 aces two days in a row :whistle: after seeing them live I cant figure out why r they playing WL.

• Sometimes u act like u fell from space just a moment ago. U r surprised by Korea win :rolll: Just a week ago The Netherlands lost in straight sets to Romania, 2 weeks ago Croatia trashed them, even MNE beat them and the Dutch were with better roster in ECH qualies.

They luckily won 1st match 3:0, Kooy's serves made the difference. But hey, u cant serve 10 aces two days in a row :whistle: after seeing them live I cant figure out why r they playing WL.

And probably that's why I asked "how come" :tzz: I didn't follow ECh qualies.