Brazilian Cup 2014

• Brazilian Cup is back! ( January 16-18 )

Host city will be announced soon.
    The competition will secure a berth at the South American Club Championship (is not Superleague anymore!).

The participating teams
    Unilever
    Molico/Nestlé
    Vôlei Amil
    Sesi-SP
    Banana Boat/Praia Clube
    EC Pinheiros
    Minas Tênis Clube
    Rio do Sul/Equibrasil

Brazilian Cup winners
    2007: Rexona-Ades (Unilever)
    2008: Finasa/Osasco (Molico/Nestlé)

• Do we know where the games will be held? And if they are going to happen in only one city?

• The competition formula on CBV's website has changed just out of the blue. :roll:

Matchups will be as follows.

Round of 8 (16/01)
    Unilever X Rio do Sul/Equibrasil
    Molico/Nestlé X Minas Tênis Clube
    Vôlei Amil X EC Pinheiros
    Sesi-SP X Banana Boat/Praia Clube

Semi-final (17/01)

Final (18/01) (TV Globo)

• And the cup will probably take place in Maringá (Paraná).
    That's...kind of weird. For men's cup, okay...but for women's?!

• m suprise that the competition will take place in Maringá...but honestly I think that is fair..a neutral place.

I mean..the home team always have an advantage....so if so...should go to the first place in the end of first phase I guess...but maybe to wait to see what team is that would slow the organization of the competition...so a neutral place is a good choice.

But in the men that wont happen..as Maringa has a team...and they will definitely have an advantage for that..and I dont really think that is quite fair....

• This is the schedule for Brazilian cup.
    Sportv will broadcast the preliminary matches Sesi vs. Praia and Amil vs. Pinheiros, also the semifinals. Globo will broadcast the final match.

http://www.cbv.com.br/v1/institucional/anexos/244anexo1.pdf

• Schedule
    16/01
    15.00 - Vôlei Amil v EC Pinheiros
    17.00 - Unilever v Rio do Sul/Equibrasil
    19.00 - Molico/Nestlé v Minas Tênis Clube
    21.00 - Sesi-SP v Banana Boat/Praia Clube (Sportv)

17/01
    15.30 - Winners (Sportv)
    18.00 - Winners (Sportv)

18/01
    10.00 - Final (TV Globo)

The best the winner! :super:

• Brazilian Cup starts today with first serve at 3.00pm. Sportv was supposed to broadcast it, but is soccer junior season in Brazil right now and soccer always comes first. Guess what, Vôlei Amil v Pinheiros was off scheduled. There will be a reprise at 6.30pm.

Sesi v Praia stays on schedule.

• How will be semifinals matches? This follows last year's ranking right?

so Amil x Pinheiros winner faces Molico x Minas winner and Unilever x Rio do Sul winner faces SESI x Praia Clube winner?

• Also, one more thing. The winner of the Cup will play in South American Club Championships. But it has been announced few days ago that Osasco will be the host of SACC (they are giving them everything on the golden plate, aren't they? :roll: ), so they are already qualified, but CBV still DOESN'T know what happens when Osasco wins they Cup. There should be another team going, right?