2014 CEV U19 European Championship - Estonia / Finland - 8/16

• Congratulations to our bulgarian girls. They beat Russia with 3:1 and are on European championship. For me it's a big victory for such a small nation like us to beat a team Russia no matter in what age group.

You may consider yourself small, but I don't think Bulgarian nation is small. Nation is not territory, it is legacy of deeds and we have deeds /saving our Jewish population from Hitler/.

• I just saw that Belgium has beaten full roster Greece with 3-0 :white: Vasilantonaki, Psoma, Gkountimenko... they all were very promising last year in youth ECh :what: Only Strantzali seems to have good attacking ratios but she was bad at reception too. Any idea about what happened to Greek team? Any Greek users? ?(

Tomorrow there will be some crucial matches:

Last finalists of youth ECh: Poland (1.) - Italy (2.)
    Slovenia (6.) - Germany (7.)
    Netherlands (9.) - Czech (10.) Mlejnkova is playing :thumbup:

• I just saw that Belgium has beaten full roster Greece with 3-0 :white: Vasilantonaki, Psoma, Gkountimenko... they all were very promising last year in youth ECh :what: Only Strantzali seems to have good attacking ratios but she was bad at reception too. Any idea about what happened to Greek team? Any Greek users? ?(

I can't say anything about Greece, but Belgium played 3 matches against Germany before the tournament and German coach said that Belgian team made great improvement. They won one match clearly and the other two were close victories for German team.

• I can't say anything about Greece, but Belgium played 3 matches against Germany before the tournament and German coach said that Belgian team made great improvement. They won one match clearly and the other two were close victories for German team.

Belgium first roster = almost all Asterix Kieldrecht (5/7): Strumilo, van Sas, van Gestel, Cools, van der Vonder. They played really well in league and some adventure in European Cup. It make difference. Karolina Goliat from Gent is nice too ;)

• Poland had easy match against Denmark beating them 3-0 (25-11 25-13 25-19). Leaders were Malwina Smarzek 10/14 spikes (71%) + 2 blocks + 3 aces and Klaudia Grzelak 5/8 spikes (63%) + 1 block + 2 aces, 79% pos/50% exc peception in 14 attempts.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Belgium first roster = almost all Asterix Kieldrecht (5/7): Strumilo, van Sas, van Gestel, Cools, van der Vonder. They played really well in league and some adventure in European Cup. It make difference. Karolina Goliat from Gent is nice too ;)

And Asterix Kieldrecht coached by Gert Vande Broek (who BTW extended his contract with Belgian senior NT until 2018 ^^ ). Strumilo, Cools and Goliat are now also part of the senior-NT wide-roster :win: .

• Germany lost 0:3 to Slovenia, even though our setter could play despite her injury from yesterday. The team played terrible in reception, libero with 12% pos and 6% perf which in raw numbers means in the whole match ONE perfect reception and two positive :wall: Like this it was difficult for the attackers and the strong MBs couldn't be used.

In 3rd round Germany will face Russia, France and the loser of ITA-POL. Will be very very hard to qualify for ECH like this...

• Italy defeats Poland 3-1 (19-25 25-11 25-14 25-21) Smarzek playing alone wasn't enough for duo Egonu-Nicoletti... STATS
    Canter was faster :D

• any chance for second place ?

It's over Poland is 2nd ^^

• According to competition format from this link.
    http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tition.aspx?ID=699&PID=-1

Polish girls have to play in 3rd round while Italy(1st in poolA) will qualify directly to the final round :) .

• Italian best scorer against Poland was Paola Egonu who turned 15 years only four months ago :cheesy: She was born in December 1998 :what:
    Btw Sara Bonifacio was awarded MVP of the tournament.

• Italian best scorer against Poland was Paola Egonu who turned 15 years only four months ago :cheesy: She was born in December 1998 :what:
    Btw Sara Bonifacio was awarded MVP of the tournament.

Is a new Caterina Bosetti coming? She has also played in junior championship with 2 years older generation and she was still best player of that roster :obey:

• Is a new Caterina Bosetti coming? She has also played in junior championship with 2 years older generation and she was still best player of that roster :obey:

And here end similarities, Bosetti is OH/OPP, while Bonifacio is MB :teach:

• And here end similarities, Bosetti is OH/OPP, while Bonifacio is MB :teach:

I was talking about Paola Egonu. Bonifacio is playing with her generation.

• Also Bonifacio played with 94-95 generation last year, but yeah here serdar was talking about Egonu.
    Egonu is an OH but not the same type as Bosetti sisters. She is an offensive OH, 190 cm tall, very athletic, and she is black :super: Italy in a few years will have a strong half-black NT like USA and Brazil, thanks to the immigration of many African people here :thumbup: