2014 CEV U19 European Championship - Estonia / Finland - 8/16

• Isn't Estonia suprise?

They didn't qualified through qualification tournaments. They will be playing at finals thanks to being host with Finland :rolleyes:

• They didn't qualified through qualification tournaments. They will be playing at finals thanks to being host with Finland :rolleyes:

Being a host is a privilege, so host gets a spot in main tournament even if it's relatively weak and better teams can't qualify like Poland and Germany in tihs case :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Italy without Malinov and Bonifacio

• Italy without Malinov and Bonifacio

It's understandable, both are with main NT :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It's understandable, both are with main NT :D

Despite their absence Italy's coach Mazzanti said we are still the favourite team at this competion. He clearly said he wants to win and that this (96-97-98 ) is a golden generation for Italian female volleyball.. and actually I agree with him :roll:

• Despite their absence Italy's coach Mazzanti said we are still the favourite team at this competion. He clearly said he wants to win and that this (96-97-98 ) is a golden generation for Italian female volleyball.. and actually I agree with him :roll:

He might be right, not only Bonifacio and Malinov but also Nicoletti and Guerra were great prospects. It will be interesting to see how their development from youth to junior level went. Sometimes it can be disappointing to see talented teams fail in junior levels, such as Polish team who was the champion in last European Youth Championship but couldn't manage to even qualify for finals of junior ECh. :whistle:

94-95 generation was also fruitful for Italy with C. Bosetti and Chirichella :thumbup:

• Turkish roster:

Setters: Arelya Karasoy-Cansu Özbay
    Opps: Pelin Aroğuz-Mislina Kılıç
    OHs: Rida Erlalelitepe-Ada Germen-Hümay Topaloğlu
    MBs: Hande Baladin- Su Zent- Aybüke Özdemir
    L: Ayça Aykaç-Melis Yılmaz

Setter Sıla Çalışkan and MB Merve Çepni is out from the roster that has played during qualification tournament a few months ago. Instead of them setter Cansu Özbay and Libero Melis Yılmaz will play. Hande Baladin will play as MB again.

• Greek roster

Setters: Papadopoulou Chara,Drakoulidou Konstantina
    Opposites: Vasilantonaki Anthi,Kastanou Lydia-Evangelia
    OHs: Psoma Alexandra,Fakopoulidou Athanasia,Papazoglou Aikaterini
    MBs: Kalantantze Anna,Gianellou Zacharoula,Dialla Vassiliki-Maria
    Libero: Kokkinaki Irini,Xanthopoulou Maria-Ekaterini

Absences:Olga Strantzali(OH) and Konstantinidou Labrini(S) decided not to go because of their transfer in USA for studies,Gkountimenko Ioanna(MB),Chabilomati Alexandra(MB) really don't know why...

Friendly matches against Russia(1-3) and Estonia(3-0)

• Such a shame there's no livestream from Finland's games. Italy lost to Belgium, Turkey lost to Slovenia. This group seems unpredictable and would be interesting to follow.

• MAny surprises today. :white: Italy without Malinov and Bonifacio seemed to lose a lot. Nikoletti and Guerra weren't enough to beat Belgium.

For Turkey's loss, I don't understand why coach used Opp Mislina Kılıç as OH. Hümay Topaloğu was pretty decent player although she is short. :whistle:

• I don't really know what Italy expected to do in this tournament without Bonifacio and Malinov. They have to face good teams already in the pools, and now, after losing the first two matches, I think it is nearly impossible to go on. And Mazzanti said they aimed for a medaly, and even more! :down:

• What is wrong with İtaly?

I know big talents Bonifacio and Malinov arent playing but i think they can do better than this. Egonu(98 ) is playing amazing, she is really talented. She is athletic and her technical capacity is very high. Also Nicoletti plays well. Danisi is good MB.

In Russia match Egonu and Nicoletti played together and they attacked well but Guerra didn't play. Guerra didn't play well in this tournament at least I excepted.Italy was favourite in this tournament but they may say goodbye tomorrow.

In Turkey-Italy friendly matches Italy win 3 times but this time Turkey beat them.

In Turkey side first match Cansu Özbay is first setter but we lost then Arelya Karasoy started to play. I think Özbay is better than Karasoy but I think team is playing better with Karasoy.

Aykac is a ordinary libero i prefer Yilmaz but she doesn't play :(

Germen and Kılıç are our wing spiker. Germen do defence and Kılıç do attack. Every sets when Germen in the 4 and Kılıç in the 1, Erlalelitepe(attack) and Topaloğlu(defence) enter the game. So Germen's weak attack and Kılıç's weak defence doesn't making much troubles. I think it is a good solution.

Baladin plays MB and this is totally wrong. Last year she played really good but in this season she played wing spiker but in NT she played MB again and she doesn't plays very well i think. Also Zent and Özdemir are not play well so Turkey has a trouble about middles.

Slovenia is a big surprise for me. They plays good. Eva Mori is a talented setter.

• Last day of Group phase.

In Semis from Group:

A- Serbia and Greece or Czech Republic

B- Slovenia, Turkey and Russia have still chance.

• turkey-Russia match is reall critic and so exciting :what: :what:

• In 1st set Russia - Turkey from 23-18 to 23-25.

Knowing russian mentality on that age level Turkey will crush Her now.

Semis:

Serbia - Turkey
    Slovenia - Greece

1st Semi is early Final I think.