2014 CEV U19 European Championship - Estonia / Finland - 8/16

• TURKEY 3- RUSSİA 2

Barchuk 10 killing blocks :what: :what: Aroguz, Germen and Baladin played well. :super: :super:

• TURKEY 3- RUSSİA 2

Barchuk 10 killing blocks :what: :what: Aroguz, Germen and Baladin played well. :super: :super:

She and Sperskaite are great prospects :thumbup:

However, I am not hopeful about our players. Although they are performing well, we don't have any player who can elavate level our current NT. I would prefer to have one or two great talents without medal instead having medal with only mediocre players. Look at the roster, our libero is the worse libero we had at junior level since Serpil Ersarı/Seval Yılmaz from 90-91 generation. Ada Germen is another version of Damla Çakıroğlu, she might be successful at this level but I don'th think she has any chance to play on senior level in a top team, she is not a good attacker and her reception also is not good enough to be an offensive OH. Mislina was Opp before, that's why her reception is also good neither and she doesn't seem to be a dominating offensive OH. back up OHs are the same one cannot attack (Hümay) one can not receive (Rİda). MB Su Zent is very short for MB position just like Aslı Kalaç. However she doesn't have such strong arm as Aslı has. Only promising player from this generation were Hande Baladin and Pelin Aroğuz. However, Hande's position is being changed all the time which is a bad thing for a developing player. (They did this position changing for Büşra Cansu too, she was MB in club and OH in junior NT although she was very promising for an MB, she couldn't improve much at that position during later stage of her career :down: ) On the other hand, Pelin is underperforming comparing to her great performance at youth level. I hope she can play as starter next season and keep improving.

Slovenia and Greece were my underdogs, I am glad that one of them will be at final. If Stranzali would play, I would bet on Greece, yet now, I think Slovenia has more chance to reach final with Mori, Scuka, Markoviç and Sobocan :thumbup: Serbia-Turkey match will be very interesting. Indeed, Serbian team is pretty weak comparing to their previous generations. They have only Boskoviç and Lozo who can be added to senior team soon. However, it is the first time I don't see a good setter and MBs from a junior Serbian team :white: They always have at least one very good setter(Ognjenoviç, Antonijeviç, Zivkoviç, Radenkoviç, Mirkoviç) and a few MBs (Rasiç, Veljkoviç, Saviç, Stevanoviç, Popoviç, Trnviç, Canak ) in every generation.

• She and Sperskaite are great prospects :thumbup:

However, I am not hopeful about our players. Although they are performing well, we don't have any player who can elavate level our current NT. I would prefer to have one or two great talents without medal instead having medal with only mediocre players. Look at the roster, our libero is the worse libero we had at junior level since Serpil Ersarı/Seval Yılmaz from 90-91 generation. Ada Germen is another version of Damla Çakıroğlu, she might be successful at this level but I don'th think she has any chance to play on senior level in a top team, she is not a good attacker and her reception also is not good enough to be an offensive OH. Mislina was Opp before, that's why her reception is also good neither and she doesn't seem to be a dominating offensive OH. back up OHs are the same one cannot attack (Hümay) one can not receive (Rİda). MB Su Zent is very short for MB position just like Aslı Kalaç. However she doesn't have such strong arm as Aslı has. Only promising player from this generation were Hande Baladin and Pelin Aroğuz. However, Hande's position is being changed all the time which is a bad thing for a developing player. (They did this position changing for Büşra Cansu too, she was MB in club and OH in junior NT although she was very promising for an MB, she couldn't improve much at that position during later stage of her career :down: ) On the other hand, Pelin is underperforming comparing to her great performance at youth level. I hope she can play as starter next season and keep improving.

Slovenia and Greece were my underdogs, I am glad that one of them will be at final. If Stranzali would play, I would bet on Greece, yet now, I think Slovenia has more chance to reach final with Mori, Scuka, Markoviç and Sobocan :thumbup: Serbia-Turkey match will be very interesting. Indeed, Serbian team is pretty weak comparing to their previous generations. They have only Boskoviç and Lozo who can be added to senior team soon. However, it is the first time I don't see a good setter and MBs from a junior Serbian team :white: They always have at least one very good setter(Ognjenoviç, Antonijeviç, Zivkoviç, Radenkoviç, Mirkoviç) and a few MBs (Rasiç, Veljkoviç, Saviç, Stevanoviç, Popoviç, Trnviç, Canak ) in every generation.

Agree! I dont think Turrkish players will be a star next 5 years. Hande is a talented player but as a OH, her reception and digs are really bad, she was really good in the MB last year but after one year she doenst play good as last years. Her position is OH now she must play OH

Aroguz is the most talented OP in Turkey after Neslihan. I hope she will devolop herself.

Germen likes Seyma Ercan I think. She is the second libero in our team. But i agree about she is too weak in attack ,unfortunately i dont think she will be a good attacker.

I dont want to talk about Ayca Aykac. She is terrible libero.

Zent is really short for MB but she is athletic player. Unfortunately her blocks intuiton and her technical capacity is not so good. Aybuke is tall but she is really heavy player and tall version off Su Zent.

In this generation, our setters are pretty good. Arelya and Cansu are different setters and they complain each other well.

Maybe Rida and Mislina will be good OH but they have to study hard.

In a few years Turkey will have trouble about OH position because young players doesnt give good signals.

But 98-99 generation we have 3 important players Zehra Güneş(MB) Gülce Erdemir(MB) and Tutku Burcu Yüzgenç(OH). They are talented players and i hope they will be good players in 5-6 years.

I really like Egonu. I think she is the future's star. Is her real position OH or OP?

ITALY after 4-5 years

Malinov
    Chiricella,Bonifacio
    Bosetti,Egonu
    Diouf,Nicoletti :thumbsup: :thumbsup: very good.

• Eva Mori's playing style (in terms of how she moves) reminds me big time of Ana Grbac. Tall, good hands, but slooooow feet. It will be interesting to see how she manages the transition to a higher and especially faster level of play in the future, but she looks fairly talented and seems to have a good brain as well.

• Eva Mori's playing style (in terms of how she moves) reminds me big time of Ana Grbac. Tall, good hands, but slooooow feet. It will be interesting to see how she manages the transition to a higher and especially faster level of play in the future, but she looks fairly talented and seems to have a good brain as well.

Today was the first day I saw her playing...and I agree with you..looking forward to see how she develops in Bergamo. ^^

Agree. I also like Sobocan and Scuka, I think these two are very balanced OH duo. In near future, this generation can lead slovenia in a good place as Belgium and Bulgaria did. It is all about catching a very good generation and make a good transition to senior level. Only unsuccessful country about this is Slovakia. They almost always has good results at youth and junior level but cant reach a decent level at senior stage :S

• Gergana Dimitrova of Bulgaria can be a major star in volleyball. Too bad the girls didn't have a coach likе the women, otherwise they could go further than the top 6.

• Gergana Dimitrova of Bulgaria can be a major star in volleyball. Too bad the girls didn't have a coach likе the women, otherwise they could go further than the top 6.

I was also expecting more from Bulgaria, however opposite player Rachkovska and other OH Paskova played pretty bad. :down: I also like libero Zhana Todorova. Gergana seemed to be more talented than her sister, do you also agree?

• I was also expecting more from Bulgaria, however opposite player Rachkovska and other OH Paskova played pretty bad. :down: I also like libero Zhana Todorova. Gergana seemed to be more talented than her sister, do you also agree?

I think we can blame the coach here for the bad game. I don't know if Gergana is the more talented, but she seems like she has bright future ahead of her. I hope they will find her good club soon enough, she won't develop in Bulgaria.

I was also expecting more from Bulgaria, however opposite player Rachkovska and other OH Paskova played pretty bad. :down: I also like libero Zhana Todorova. Gergana seemed to be more talented than her sister, do you also agree?

Serdar who do you call sister of Gergana Dimitrova ? Because she haven't sister. The only sisters in Bulgaria U19 team are twins Elena and Radka Dimitrovi. There are no other sisters in any of bulgarian young teams. And team Russia is yet our abonate for beating them. We beat them second time in row. I have nothing against this tradition to be continued in women's direction.

PS Gergana Dimitrova will play next season in Switzerland in Volero's second team. There can be her first steps to develop.

• Bulgaria beat Czech Republic 3:2 for the fifth place, 25:8 in the fourth set! Gergana Dimitrova with 33 points, 20 serves with 1 error and 3 aces. Overall serving stats of Bulgaria (8 errors, 7 aces) remind me of Trentino :D

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=27301

Does Veronica Hrazdirova has famours relative with that family name?

• Maybe volleyball player Michal Hrazdira is her relative ?

That's what I had in mind :)

• Serdar who do you call sister of Gergana Dimitrova ? Because she haven't sister. The only sisters in Bulgaria U19 team are twins Elena and Radka Dimitrovi. There are no other sisters in any of bulgarian young teams. And team Russia is yet our abonate for beating them. We beat them second time in row. I have nothing against this tradition to be continued in women's direction.

PS Gergana Dimitrova will play next season in Switzerland in Volero's second team. There can be her first steps to develop.

Isn't she sister of Simona Dimitrova :what:

• So in the end Serbia won as expected, but Slovenia gave them a hard time. Good match by both teams, in the end Boskovic made the difference. If she doesn't win MVP then I declare whoever decides this mad!

EDIT: Boskovic with 38 points (51% attack) :obey: Serbia won't have to worry about OPP position for a long time!!!

• So in the end Serbia won as expected, but Slovenia gave them a hard time. Good match by both teams, in the end Boskovic made the difference. If she doesn't win MVP then I declare whoever decides this mad!

EDIT: Boskovic with 38 points (51% attack) :obey: Serbia won't have to worry about OPP position for a long time!!!

They won't worry if Boskovic improves better than Bjelica. Ana isn't satisfactory in NT at all :whistle: I hope that Malagurski will play smartlier than she did it throughout WGP ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• After third round, final pool composition for U19 European Championship has been determined:

Pool 1 in Tartu (EST): Serbia (4), Greece (5), The Netherlands (9), Czech Republic (10), Bulgaria (18 ), Estonia (31)
    Pool 2 in Tampere (FIN): Italy (2), Turkey (3), Slovenia (6), Russia (8 ), Belgium (14), Finland (16)

The numbers refer to team's ranking in last youth ECh, which might be an indicator for their current strength. Biggest surprise is for sure the absence of Polish team who was the champion in youth ECH and 7th in youth WCh. Also Germany (7th), France (11th) and Montenegro (12th) are other absent teams from youth championship of this generation, which means we won't see talents like setter Kemmsies and MB Silge, OHs Cazaute and Fidon besides Opp Smarzek and OH Damaske. Candidates for semis are Serbia and Bulgaria from Pool I and Italy with Turkey from from Pool II. If Greek team would play real roster with Stranzali and Psoma, they would most probably will be in semis. Slovenia with their talented setter Eva Mori and Opp Nika Markoviç, will be underdog of Pool 2.

Individual Awards:

Best Spiker: Pelin Aroguz (Turkey)
    Best Blocker: Anastasia Barchuk (Russia)
    Best Server: Sara Lozo (Serbia)
    Best Libero: Maja Pahor (Slovenia)
    Best Receiver: Bojana Milenkovic (Serbia)
    Best Setter: Eva Mori (Slovenia)
    Best Scorer: Anti Vasilantonaki (Greece)
    Most Valuable Player: Tijana Boskovic (Serbia)

Final Ranking:

1. Serbia
    2. Slovenia
    3. Turkey
    4. Greece
    5. Bulgaria
    6. The Czech Republic
    7. Russia
    8. Belgium
    9. Italy
    10. The Netherlands
    11. Finland
    12. Estonia

• They won't worry if Boskovic improves better than Bjelica. Ana isn't satisfactory in NT at all :whistle: I hope that Malagurski will play smartlier than she did it throughout WGP ^^

Well, she's much better than what Bjelica was at the age of 17. Of course, she still has a long way to go, but barring some serious injuries (knock on wood), I expect her to be a lock on NT in a few years' time.