German NT 2014

• A new year just began for the German NT.

When I remember one year ago, i was really uncertain about 2013 season. So many players stopped playing NT, refused playing or were not in great shape (Grozer). In the end, the team played a very decent World League, a good ech, including matches (Russia, 2x Bulgaria), which i will remember for a long time.

The qualification tournament for wch has been played in big style as well. Ok, the oponents were not too strong but there hasn't been a single moment of danger in all three matches. The team played relaxed and apparantly with a lot of fun.

Biggest surprise for me is our new OH duo Kaliberda/Fromm. They are both in such a great shape :obey:. Their moves to Seria A in the summer really did them well. Especially Kaliberda made a huge step forward. Hitting percentages between 50 and 70 % have become daily business for him. If you have in mind, that there ist still Grozer/Schoeps as opposites...... Wow :white:

For World League and Wch the team will, more or less, consist of same players as in 2013. I really hope for a return of Max Günthör and I don't think Robert Kromm will return. Something must have happened between him and Heynen. The second setter is still in question as well. I was surprised, when Sebastian Kühner was chosen over Patrick Steuerwald, who is a regular starter in Seria A. I guess, Mark Lebedew , who is assisting Heynen, had to say a word in this.

Overall i am really optimistic about this years campaigns. The future looks bright, as all the key players are still around for a while, at least until Rio 2016.
    Vital Heynen seems to be the right coach for this team as well. Obviously he has very good connection to the team and knows what he wants. We will see what happens when oponents and matches get harder, but for the moment i am in very good mood concerning this team.

• I still don't get it what is all about Heynen's unwillingnes to Patrick Steuerwald ?( btw. what do you mean talking about Lebedew and his word in this?

• I still don't get it what is all about Heynen's unwillingnes to Patrick Steuerwald ?( btw. what do you mean talking about Lebedew and his word in this?

Well, "having a word in this" maybe was a wrong formulation. Lebedew is Kuehner's coach in Berlin, so he knows him very well. For Wch qualification they needed someone, who is ready to come from the bench, when he is needed. Kuehner is used to this situation in Berlin. I remember a match from last years play-off finals, when he did this very well and was a key factor for winning the match.
    Furthermore he is a tall setter (2,03 m), so no changes in block/defense system are necessary when he comes in for Kampa.
    I think, Heynen is a coach, who puts a lot of value to this and thats why 1,80 Steuerwald hasn't been selected.

At least for this year, i hope that Simon Tischer will be fit and returns to the team.

• Before the cup final in Halle, Vital Heynen prolonged his contract until 2016. He his cited "Within the next two years, we want to win a medal (....)". :super:

While commenting a set of the men's final he spoke of Sebastian Kühner as his "third setter" and praised his "two world class setters Lukas Kampa and Simon Tischer". So Patrick Steuerwald seems to be really out.
    It must be good times for german volleyball, if you can afford leaving out a starting setter of seriaA........

• This is just crazy: Kampa was weak almost every time, exspecially in the hot moments. Steuerwald is doing so damn well! :white:

So has also been Robert Kromm in Berlin for the last three years and yet he is not going to be in the NT. Coach's choice.

• Quoted from "bella"

I still don't get it what is all about Heynen's unwillingnes to Patrick Steuerwald btw. what do you mean talking about Lebedew and his word in this?

Well, "having a word in this" maybe was a wrong formulation. Lebedew is Kuehner's coach in Berlin, so he knows him very well. For Wch qualification they needed someone, who is ready to come from the bench, when he is needed. Kuehner is used to this situation in Berlin. I remember a match from last years play-off finals, when he did this very well and was a key factor for winning the match.
    Furthermore he is a tall setter (2,03 m), so no changes in block/defense system are necessary when he comes in for Kampa.
    I think, Heynen is a coach, who puts a lot of value to this and thats why 1,80 Steuerwald hasn't been selected.

At least for this year, i hope that Simon Tischer will be fit and returns to the team.

For the setters, I do think Simon Tischer and Lukas Kampa will fit. So if Tischer would like to come back, neither Kuehner or Steuerwald will have many opportunities. For the third OH, Robert Kromm derserves it much more than Sebastian Schwarz. If Schwarz could stay, why Kromm can't? Heynen should focus on the performance and set aside other factors when choosing his players. Max Gunthor has long been out of my view in NT. Is it his will not to join or there are other reasons? Seemingly, I had read an information that he'd like to finish his study after London Olympics, but I'm not sure whether I got it right.

• This is just crazy: Kampa was weak almost every time, exspecially in the hot moments. Steuerwald is doing so damn well! :white:

weak Every time? I didn't get such an impression. But is he still the starter in Modena? I don't see Seria A very often, but I found that he has been likely not to play since this year when I reviewed the information on Modena's website.

• weak Every time? I didn't get such an impression. But is he still the starter in Modena? I don't see Seria A very often, but I found that he has been likely not to play since this year when I reviewed the information on Modena's website.

Modena transferred Bruninho, so Kampa is just second setter at the moment. But since the results haven`t really improved for Modena, there might be other problems than just the setting position?!

• How about Ferdinand Tille's performance through this season and who deserve to be the main libero in your opinion? (Tille or Steuerwald)

• How about Ferdinand Tille's performance through this season and who deserve to be the main libero in your opinion? (Tille or Steuerwald)

Hard to judge for me as I have hardly seen Tille playing this year and i haven't seen Steuerwald playing for the time he is in France (2 years ?).

Currently, Tille is number 17 in DVL receivers' list. But he has always been a better defender than receiver. French league doesn`t deliver stats for receivers, or, at least, i haven't found them.
    Before last tournament, Heynen waited until last moment to nominate libero and i guess this year Heynen will use World League to give both of them equal playing time.

• Vital Heynen invited 21 players for preparation camp, starting on 5th May.
    http://www.volleyball-verband.…67b3sgkjgo4m3c19ir8rst1r7

Setter: Lukas Kampa (Modena/ITA), Simon Tischer (Lyon/FRA), Sebastian Kühner (BR Volleys)
    Opposite: Jochen Schöps (Rzeszow/POL), Simon Hirsch (Generali Haching), Marvin Prolingheuer (TV Ingersoll Bühl)
    OH: Denis Kaliberda (Piacenza/ITA), Christian Fromm (Citta di Castello/ITA), Björn Höhne (TV Ingersoll Bühl), Sebastian Schwarz, Tom Strohbach (Generali Haching), Dirk Westphal (Radom/POL)
    MB: Marcus Böhme (Generali Haching), Tim Broshog (Moerser SC), Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Michael Andrei (St-Nazaire/FRA), Jaromir Zachrich, Georg Klein (evivo Düren)
    Liberos: Ferdinand Tille (Generali Haching), Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA), Dennis Hefter (CV Mitteldeutschland)

Grozer not yet in squad, Heynen will give him a longer break after his season.

Further missing are Günthör, Kromm and P. Steuerwald. Especially Max Günthör could be of big value for the team. I don't know, if it is his choice, not to play NT anymore or if it is Heynen ?( .

There are some newbies as well, but i think neither Prolingheuer nor Zachrich nor Hefter will make it to the squad. But Heynen is always good for a surprise. We will see......

• What about Kaliberda? Is he injured or not?

He appears in the german wide roster for the world league, so i don't think his injury is very serious.

Setter: Lukas Kampa (Modena/ITA), Sebastian Kühner (BR Volleys), Jan Zimmermann (VfB Friedrichshafen), Merten Krüger (VSG Coburg/Grub)
    Op:: Jochen Schöps (Rzeszow/POL), Simon Hirsch (Generali Haching), Marvin Prolingheuer (TV Ingersoll Bühl)
    OH: Denis Kaliberda (Piacenza/ITA), Christian Fromm (Citta di Castello/ITA), Björn Höhne (TV Ingersoll Bühl), Tom Strohbach (Generali Haching), Dirk Westphal (Radom/POL), Ruben Schott (BR Volleys), Moritz Reichert (Volleyball-Internat Frankfurt)
    MB: Marcus Böhme (Generali Haching), Tim Broshog (Moerser SC), Philipp Collin (Tours/FRA), Michael Andrei (St-Nazaire/FRA), Jaromir Zachrich,

Georg Klein (evivo Düren)
    Liberos: Ferdinand Tille (Generali Haching), Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA)

Simon Tischer is going to have surgeries on both knees and will miss the World League. Georg Grozer and Sebastian Schwarz asked for time outs due to "private reasons". They will be back for Wch preparation.

source: http://www.volleyball-verband.…fm9p37id2go3at7a83fk5ebh6

• According to DVV, Vital Heynen and Max Günthör are currently in talks and Günthör might return to NT for WCH.

Good to hear, but where do you got this info from?

• German wide roster for WCH:
    Setters: Lukas Kampa, Simon Tischer, Sebastian Kühner
    Opposites: Gyorgy Grozer, Jochen Schöps
    Outside Hitters: Christian Fromm, Denis Kaliberda, Sebastian Schwarz, Dirk Westphal
    Middle Blockers: Max Günthör, Tim Broshog, Philipp Collin, Michael Andrei, Marcus Böhme
    Liberos: Markus Steuerwald, Ferdinand Tille

Tischer, Grozer, Schwarz and Günthör are back :thumbsup: one S and one MB should be out ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Tischer, Grozer, Schwarz and Günthör are back :thumbsup: one S and one MB should be out ^^

Good that Max is back :thumbup: He has played a very good season in Germany and leaving him at home would be such a waste of talent......

Now lets see what what the physical state of Tischer is like. He recently had surgery on both knees and still has to work a lot if he wants to travel to Poland.