Italian NT 2014

• At that time Maurizia Cacciatori was the best Italian setter, so maybe she should be called for NT too?
    I don't like the idea of calling Aguero as setter, it still sounds like an April fool to me. But I'm open for surprises...

cacciatori hasn't played in AGES though. also, isn't she a sports commentator now?

• cacciatori hasn't played in AGES though. also, isn't she a sports commentator now?

Cacciatori retired many years ago...I think it was just a joke by Matthias! now she has a son and a daughter (if I remember right).

• Of course it was a joke ;) Because for me it also sounds like a joke calling Aguero as setter when she hasn't played on that position for more than 10 years now :aww:

sorry, i was half awake when i read your post... :rolll:

• Well, I was just saying that aguerro was a very good setter... Not that she was still great. But if she is capable to play half as good as she used to do 10 years ago, she still can help this italian team which really nead à setter. Ferreti can be good, but she need to relax and stop playing with the middle only when the team is 5 points ahead.

• Well, I was just saying that aguerro was a very good setter... Not that she was still great. But if she is capable to play half as good as she used to do 10 years ago, she still can help this italian team which really nead à setter. Ferreti can be good, but she need to relax and stop playing with the middle only when the team is 5 points ahead.

I think that no matter how bad Ferreti would play, a Cuban setter, especially one who hasn't set for like 12 years, can never be better

• I think that no matter how bad Ferreti would play, a Cuban setter, especially one who hasn't set for like 12 years, can never be better

I completely agree with you: the main setter should be Ferretti and then Rondon as backup. Aguero hasn't been a setter for so many years, she was a great player of course but I think she won't be that useful now!

• 34 Player Called 2014

OH : Piccinini / L.Bosetti / Di Iulio / Rosso / Fiorin / C.Bosetti / Del Core / Loda / Barcellini / Pascucci(alsoOPP)

S : Ferretti / *Aguero / Signorile / Rondon / Camera

MB : Arrighetti / Leggeri / Barazza / Calloni / Chirichella / Folie / Garzaro / Guiggi

OPP : Diouf / Centoni / Ortolani / Sorokaite(Also OH) / Zago

L : Merlo / De Gennaro / Leonardi / Sansonna / Sirressi / Cardullo(knee injury)

• 5 May start a two weeks training camp with 13 names.

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…eggi.asp?tipo=3&ID=134946

These will play two friendly matches against Czech Rep, 16 and 17 May.

Called:

S: Signorile, Aguero
    Opp: Diouf, Zago
    OH: Fiorin, Loda, Pascucci, Egonu (only 15!!)
    MB: Chirichella, Folie, Bonifacio
    L: Merlo, De Gennaro

• Come on, do you really believe him? believing a non-sense post on facebook sounds much more reliable than his trash-posts...

• Anyone has more info about Egonu?

I know she is 15 and she was already with Junior NT....but anyone knows the type of players she is? attacker, reception-defense...?

• Anyone has more info about Egonu?

I know she is 15 and she was already with Junior NT....but anyone knows the type of players she is? attacker, reception-defense...?

She's high and strong offensive OH with good reach, who's covered on reception ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• And she is also "black" :super:

• Francesca Ferretti has been called by Bonitta! :woohoo:
    She will join NT gathering on 15 June together with some other veterans (except Gioli and Lo Bianco)

• Is there any official list of Italian wide roster except short list of 8 players called earlier ?(

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Francesca Ferretti has been called by Bonitta! :woohoo:
    She will join NT gathering on 15 June together with some other veterans (except Gioli and Lo Bianco)

Francy :super: :super: :super:

So, Leo and Gioli will not return to NT anymore ?? Great news :drink: :drink:

• Is there any official list of Italian wide roster except short list of 8 players called earlier ?(

Not yet, but almost all the names are quite easy to guess now:

SETTERS: Ferretti, Agüero, Signorile, Rondon/Camera?

OPP: Diouf, Centoni, Ortolani, Zago, Pascucci

OHs: Piccinini, Del Core, L.Bosetti, Fiorin, C.Bosetti, Sylla, Loda, Sorokaite, Barcellini?, Bianchini

MBs: Arrighetti, Barazza, Folie, Chirichella, Pisani, Garzaro?, Bertone?

L: Merlo, De Gennaro, Sirressi?

The ones in bold are certain, the other are likely