2014 European League

• I can't help thinking that Wolosz spent a lot of time watching matches of Kirillova and Sliwa lately, her style of play this summer is quite reminiscent of both of them. I have to say I like it ;) She has become a really good player!

• I can't help thinking that Wolosz spent a lot of time watching matches of Kirillova and Sliwa lately, her style of play this summer is quite reminiscent of both of them. I have to say I like it ;) She has become a really good player!

She improved under coaching of Parisi definitely :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• German team will play the first final with almost the same roster as this weekend, only change is that Anja Brandt who was injured replaces Leonie Schwertmann. Louisa Lippmann who missed this weekend with a finger injury is in the roster so I assume she can play again.

• 1st set is Turkey's. On the Turkish side, Meliha is the only player underperforming so far. She killed only one ball I think, failed in reception twice etc. Rest are doing very well, especially in block.
    On the German side, Apitz should increase the height of the sets. Girls are not fast enough to hit such low sets. I think Thomsen is the only player in German side playing OK.

• How come Polen Uslupehilvan is out of WGP roster and playing in European League? Is that because she will play for Fenerbahce? :aww: I think she's a better OPP than Yeliz Basa or Seda Tokatlioglu or Gozde Ylimaz.

• How come Polen Uslupehilvan is out of WGP roster and playing in European League? Is that because she will play for Fenerbahce? :aww: I think she's a better OPP than Yeliz Basa or Seda Tokatlioglu or Gozde Ylimaz.

It has nothing to do with Fenerbahce. Someone wrote that Polen was injured, had a small operation from her shoulder and has troubles to develop muscles etc. However I dont think she is any better than the other names you mentioned. I know Yeliz Basa and Gözde Yilmaz have been underperforming in EL but we really dont know what Polen is capable of since she never played regularly. So I prefer some other players that actually played a whole season in a club.

• German side sucked so much that Turkey had to win is summary of the game i think :lol:

Just finished watching the replay of the match and basically I agree. Turkey played OK, not bad but not great either. German team played one of the weakest matches of the whole tournament today. Serving didn't have the usual quality, block-defense was simply a nightmare and overall there were waaaaay too many individual mistakes by everyone. The only positive thing about German team today is that Lisa Izquierdo is coming closer to her normal shape again.

I've been wondering for weeks why Turkish fans complain so much about Yeliz Basa. In my opinion she's a really good player, not the next Neslihan but certainly a good player. Good technique, athletic, solid...I don't know why you complain about her so much ?(

For Germany, Louisa Lippmann still couldn't play because of her finger injury, Guidetti hopes she'll be back for Saturday. I hope some other OH will be in the roster instead of Poll :aww: I don't know if Weihenmaier is back from her holiday, but if she is she MUST play :!: She has been the best German OH throughout the tournament. Geerties is better than at the beginning of the tournament but still not really good.

By the way, at 1:1 in 2nd set Jennifer Pettke attacked a ball she set herself and nobody noticed it :white: :rolll:
    The referee was a disaster overall in terms of technique and reach over calls.

• Well it's mainly because Yeliz Basa probably played the best game of the tournament so far. She had really bad games in the group phase so I would rather give chance to Ceren Kestirengöz or Gözde Yilmaz at that position. However today she was really good and a leader. I also liked Özgenur"s game today. Meliha had big troubles in 1st set but improved later on in attacking. However she is failing badly in reception. Gizem Örge was bad at defense. Cansu Cetin, although she killed only 1 ball, is a pleasure to watch. Her reception and defense performance is amazing.
    I'm still worried about setters. Cagla had a good game today but still failed time to time to set to the middles and position 2.
    Who is gonna be Naz's backup in WGP? Özge, Asuman, Gamze or Cagla?

• Congrats Girls!

winning is important however i didnt like our game after first set.First,our setter Çağla Akın was nervous . Her sets's quality wasnot good enough and she was predictable.Her sets to Kübra was not good but low. She has time to learn how to set to the wings to leave them against single blocks with average reception. Ezgi Diliks is definitely a more creative setter but her problem is the quality of her sets..if Ezgi Dilik can improve that part of her game then she can be the setter we are looking for.
    Yeliz Başa played well. She is an Ok OPP to me . Meliha played well.i dont think her reception that bad.i hope she can keep developing her skills and take her place in the team A.
    Cansu Çetin is agood defender/receiver.her attack is not good but i think the setters can use her better than that , setting to her as she wishes..Kübra and Özgenur were good but they should be better at blocking and not let block-outs that much..Gizem Örge was ok.

on Germany : Apitz with her fast sets made our blockers have hard time against German attackers.Especially She and Stigrots connection was very fast.in third set Germany served well and Apitz set the return bolls fast to her attackers and without double blocks ,this made Germany won that set easily.
    Izquerdo,Geerties,Pettke played well.Stigrot also not bad.she is a very fast player indeed.

good luck to Turkish team for the return match also to German team.

• Germany will play the 2nd match with the same roster as 1st but it's still not sure if Lippmann can play, she has some more medical exams to pass and she hasn't practised for more than a week now so she might not be a big help anyway :S

• Germany will start with Apitz-Stigrot-Izquierdo-Geerties-Pettke-Brandt-Thomsen according to the Fanclub Facebook site. Strongest team out of this roster I'd say considering that Weihenmaier is on holidays (probably she'll make the WGP team so she gets some rest now) and Lippmann still injured. It's interesting that Guidetti moved Stigrot back to OPP when Lippmann got injured, for me it looks like he's not satisfied with Aulenbrock's performance.

• Aw! Cansu Cetin failed to kill the ball 4 times in row? Actually got blocked?! Hope she forgets about this and keeps playing with the same motivation.