Germany NT 2014

• BTW. Is Stigrot good enough to replace Geerties as OH if necessary? I know that she's quite quick hitter, but how about her reception?
    With healthy Lippman it can be hard for her to be backup OP, but I see a little chance for her as OH, that's reason why I ask ^^

No, Geerties is certainly much better in reception and probably also defense than Stigrot. I hope Geerties can reach the level she had last summer in attack again, then I'm OK with her in the team, but I still would have prefered Izquierdo there :S

• No, Geerties is certainly much better in reception and probably also defense than Stigrot. I hope Geerties can reach the level she had last summer in attack again, then I'm OK with her in the team, but I still would have prefered Izquierdo there :S

I aslo prefer Izquierdo, I wonder why she's out. So it seems that list for OHs and Liberos is closed and here is the end of fight for the positions. We can also say it about other positions: Möllers is too weak, while Stigrot and Silge are still too inexperienced. It gives us clear 14, but maybe WGP will verify it in other way :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I aslo prefer Izquierdo, I wonder why she's out. So it seems that list for OHs and Liberos is closed and here is the end of fight for the positions. We can also say it about other positions: Möllers is too weak, while Stigrot and Silge are still too inexperienced. It gives us clear 14, but maybe WGP will verify it in other way :whistle:

To be honest, it don´t surprises me that much, that Izquierdo is out. She can hit the ball hard, but that´s it. But if she can´t score (for example gets blocked acouple times; young players tend to attack the same way over and over again despite being blocked just to score at least once) she gets nervous and unmotivated. This is what makes it easy to put her under pressure (serve -> reception, attacks in her direction -> defense), which she can´t handle very well, yet.
    And this is what will turn her into the weak link of the team.

Same can be said about Geerties. She also kinda gives up and gets unmotivated if things ain´t workin´ out the way she wants it. This was clearly seen in the
    playoff matches between Vilsbiburg - Wiesbaden and Vilsbiburg - Dresden.
    For example, i found it funny, when everybody said, Dresden wouldn´t stand a chance without Izquierdo in the playoffs, but it was because of that, that Dresden won the title. There was no weak link, every player took responsibility, whereas in Vilsbiburg, Geerties was put under much pressure by Dresden and was literally taken out of the game.

It don´t really matters, if Izquierdo is out or Geerties. As long as they can´t handle pressure, they ain´t good players, no matter how hard they attack.
    Talented, yes, but they´re still far from being good.

• Anja Brandt was cut from the team. After the friendly match Guidetti will cut two more players.
    I'm surprised, IMO Brandt was playing well in El...

Another surprise :what: so Möllers and Stigrot probably out ^^

• Lenka Duerr and Maggie Kozuch testing/trying Korea-style massage machine. :lol:

[media]

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• I just saw a post on facebook showing that the German girls didn't get a good place to train and they trained on the street...Is that true? :white: What in god's name was the host country thinking?

• Well, conditions in Peru could be better, Polish media wrote about it and this situation with bird during match Canada-Poland :D

• I just saw a post on facebook showing that the German girls didn't get a good place to train and they trained on the street...Is that true? :white: What in god's name was the host country thinking?

It was on the day they arrived, there was no hall so Guidetti made a little practise in the park. Everything should be OK now ^^

• My goodness, I would never ever want to train in the park in the summer :whistle: I don't know how the conditions in Korea are, hopefully my beloved german and serbian girls put up with it till they leave :P At least they allow to use Facebook,Twitter and Youtube, don't they?

• Its official that saskia hippe returns to the team for train WCH good news but lippmann also plays good enough.I really wonder how guidetti cuts so easily brandt and izquierdo :aww:

Especially izquierdo is the one what germany needs for attacking :tzz:

• Exactly my thoughts (a rare occasion that we agree ;) ).

I thought that Silge would play WGP to gain experience and see high level players up close all the time and get to know international volleyball with everything connected. But somehow I would prefer having Brandt for WCH, she has more experience and played well in EL, while it's very hard to know what performance Silge could show if she had to play. She's certainly a great talent, probably the best we had since Fürst, but if she'll play at all in WCH it would only be as serving substitute. Pettke, on the other hand, showed that she can do a good job on high level and is always ready to replace one of the MBs.

For some reason, Izquierdo has never been able to show the performance she showed many times in Dresden also in NT. This year she was unlucky with the injury late in the club season, but it was the same story last year. Weihenmaier played very well in EL but WGP showed that she's totally lost against big blocks and not good when she comes from bench, almost every time she started with a mistake.

I don't think Hippe can contribute anything to the team that Lippmann could not. Hippe has not played a match for 9 months and she is certainly still nowhere near 100% health, leave alone her best shape. I think Guidetti just wants to see what she's up to and if by any chance she has made an unexpectedly good and fast recovery, but I really don't see her making the roster.

Another thing, what Guidetti said after the last match made me really angry because he's been saying the same thing over and over every year since he's German NT coach. The attack is too weak, players are not athletic enough and also can't compensate it with technique. Brinker and Beier have been under his guidance for more than 5 years and still nothing has changed? He notices every year that attack is our problem, but nothing ever changes.

• Do u think is there any possibilty to see hippe as OH last year they tried in the final match ?(

Or i think guidetti can try kozuch as OH,she was not that bad in azeryol and cant be worse than brinker on reception if germany really has problems on OH position with no hope.Lippamnn can do good things just she is not experienced enough.
    But i really think that the survive for german team is trying new variations on attacking all of the players are capable on it,not new players.If guidetti is right on his words thailand or japan cant win anything these tournament and we all see its not like that. ;)

• Polish press called German NT- Butterflies. ?

That's the nickname they gave themselves - die Schmetterlinge.

• Do u think is there any possibilty to see hippe as OH last year they tried in the final match ?(

Before her injury she played as non-receiving OH in Schwerin (and Poll as receiving OPP), and I think the long-term plan was to bring her back to OH which was her original position anyway.

That's the nickname they gave themselves - die Schmetterlinge.

Explanation: in German, to spike = schmettern -> Schmetterlinge means butterflies, but has a connection to volleyball vocabulary in German.

What just came to my mind: all summer there has not been a single word about Ssuschke's absence in NT, but now it's clear that she won't play WCH either ?(