Unpopular opinions

• - Germany is not this awesome NT everybody says it is. I actually think they are way far behind from all other major european teams.
    - There is no team in the world that can beat Vakifbank in any finals, not even Fenerbahce.

• - a very high percentage of women's vb followers are more interested in the looks of players than in the game or the technical abilities of the players.

- a high percentage of female vb players are more interested in their looks than in the game or their technical abilities.

:D Great thread, its somehow freeing......

• Oh Thaisa does not.. but Logan :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You can get in the line.. :lol:

• I won't be original: :D Zatorski is not NT material for me, at least not as long as there is Ignaczak and Wojtaszek 8)
    I'll probably get booed but: Juantorena is not such a big star for me, actually he's indifferent to me and sometimes I wonder what's the big deal in his case.
    Możdżonek can be a wood, say what you want, but he's damn effective wood in block :P
    At these time when we're kinda experiencing wealth of MBs, we still haven't got a duo close to class of Kadziewicz & Pliński

• I won't be original: :D Zatorski is not NT material for me, at least not as long as there is Ignaczak and Wojtaszek 8)
    I'll probably get booed but: Juantorena is not such a big star for me, actually he's indifferent to me and sometimes I wonder what's the big deal in his case.
    Możdżonek can be a wood, say what you want, but he's damn effective wood in block :P
    At these time when we're kinda experiencing wealth of MBs, we still haven't got a duo close to class of Kadziewicz & Pliński

Agree about Zatorski :win: , another effective polish wood in block, but "in skirt" is Zuzanna Efimienko ^^ (also Gabriela Polańska could be mentioned here :lol: )

- For me Iza Bełcik isn't pretty at all
    - Kasia Mroczkowska was so underrated in few previous years, not getting any single chance in NT after 2002 till WCH qualifications this year :down: (she was the best OPP in league and is so universal, though she's a bit weaker now)
    - Despite attitude Gamova is still the best Opposite of the world and she's still determined to achieve high goals
    - Lo Bianco and Gioli's time is over what both prove in their clubs, especially Gioli :lol:
    - Beach volleyball isn't interesting at all :wavy:

Count me in! :lol:

I also want to join :D

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• 1- Abbondanza is one of the best Italian coach right now, he is better than Micelli, Parisi and some others...
    2- Fenerbahce still can't beat Vakif in a final from 5 matches (even though i'm a big fan of Fener ;( )
    3- The Italian women NT will not succeed in the next WCH
    4- Rabita this year is weaker than Rabita last year, they will meet Vakif in Baku and they will lose again
    5- Neslihan is still the best opposite in Turkey
    6- Travica is a good setter
    7- Senna Usic is not that bad...

• There must be something between Micelli and Usic. Maybe I'm not the only guy assuming this.

Agree :D , I forgot to write it earlier ^^ Miccieli definitely likes Usic :kiss: :rolll:

• 7- Senna Usic is not that bad...

That reminds me of something:

Wang Yimei and Saori Kimura are very overrated players! While I accept Saori as "good" player, I think she is not "great", and I've never been a fan of Wang at all. The only thing she's capable of is hitting hard, she has less technical skills than even most Cuban players...

• That reminds me of something:

Wang Yimei and Saori Kimura are very overrated players! While I accept Saori as "good" player, I think she is not "great", and I've never been a fan of Wang at all. The only thing she's capable of is hitting hard, she has less technical skills than even most Cuban players...

And both can't fit into european style, the best Asian WS on this field is definitely Kim :teach:

• -Saori wasn't Guidetti's secret plan when he transferred her. He basically influenced by Kim's unexpected boost in Europe and ha simply made a mistake by signing with her.

-I don't think any of of polish players that are known as "beauty" such as Skowronska, Werblinska or Belçik are pretty at all

-Bahar Toksoy is a very mediocre MB, she just seems to be better than she is because she is playing in the strongest club in the world
    -Özge Çemberci is a bad setter, with bad technique and lacks creativity.
    -Esra and Gülden's absence in last ECh affected NT more than the absence of Eda.
    -Carillo has the potential to be best MB in the world (even better than Thaisa and Akinradewo) but she is now just a good Opp. :S
    -Naz Aydemir is the best setter in the world among the ones who are actively playing :whistle:

• The most overrated players for me :

- Senna Usic (ECZ having her for 3 seasons in a row is completely ridiculous. Well, thanks to Micelli. Despite having the great Havelkova now, surprise! Usic keeps playing. She's not a good passer nor attacker.)
    - Dobriana Rabadzhieva (Such an ordinary player always gets to play in big clubs. I have no clue why. her teammates Vasileva and Nikolova are far better than her in every aspect.)
    - Ozge Cemberci (She's an okay setter but not the setter who can save ONE terrible team all the time. Asuman should have played in the olympics in stead of her, but yeah...thanks to her sister.)
    - Saori Kimura (I completely agree with Mattias. She's probably the most well-loved superstar in Japan but her volleyball style can't simply fit in European volley. Especially when she has a very stubborn setter that does not want to change her style aside her.)
    - Maren Brinker (I like her though...but I think many people would agree on this)
    - Bahar Toksoy (She's also an okay player but not not as great as many people say. Would she still get so much attention even if she doesn't play for Vakifbank?)

The most underrated players for me :

- Christiane Fürst (I think she's the best one in her position on the earth, but doesn't get mentioned very often considering her amazing blocks. I know many people mentioning Poljak, Akinradewo, Giel and some others but I still believe Fürst is the best because she's always been so great in NT and plays very consistently in her club too.)
    - Ana Antonijevic (I'm a fan of Maja Ognjenovic but to be completely honest Ana crossed Maja already. I think she's showing how A setter must play. Hopefully we will see her in serbian NT as starter soon and perhaps somewhere else than Cannes...)
    - Natasa Krsmanovic (She's very quiet and not as active as Akinradewo, Poljak and Giel on the court but she does her job very well always but she barely gets mentioned. Plus playing for Serbian NT for almost 7 years as starter is something despite Serbia has got a lot of talented younger MBs than her)
    - Aneta Havlickova

The most beautiful players for me :

- Stefana Veljkovic (An alive princess :rose: )
    - Natasha Obmochaeva
    - Laura Dijkema (She's not a good setter yet, but when it comes to beauty...)
    - Martina Guiggi
    - Anna Werblinska (She's extremely attractive when she tries to jump serve)

• - Bahar Toksoy (She's also an okay player but not not as great as many people say. Would she still get so much attention even if she doesn't play for Vakifbank?)

I don't remember anyone here calling her great. AKinradewo and Thaisa are great, she far from that. But she is good... the best complete MB in Turkey for me... And of course she wouldn't get so much attention if not playing for Vakif but I'm sure any other from the Turkish top 4 clubs wold want to sign her..

• - a very high percentage of women's vb followers are more interested in the looks of players than in the game or the technical abilities of the players.

- a high percentage of female vb players are more interested in their looks than in the game or their technical abilities.

:D Great thread, its somehow freeing......

agree with you..for example :Büşra Cansu, Duygu Bal from Turkey
    from other countries?

• ok its my turn: :D

Germany NT at the moment consists of mediocre players except Fürst (she is one of the most underrated players) but their team play is more than mediocre. therefore they has been making final last two years.Croatia,Azerbaijan ,Bulgaria have better potantial and attackers than Germany NT.

i dont like Czech team at all.i dont like their style of volleyball.

Poljak is an overrated attacker.Eda and Fürst is better attacker than Poljak.

I didnt use to like Brakocevic, i used to see her as "wood" but i have to accept that She is now a good opposite indeed. :gone:

Brazil Nt wit Sassa etc did a great job in those times..Sassa is very a mediocre player. ?(

Bahar Toksoy is a good blocker but she is not on NT- class bcz she is a restricted attacker.BUt there was more terrible middle than her : Özlem Özçelik :lol:

Büşra Cansu can NEVER EVER be a member of Turkey's NT. :aww:

LOcal middels in Turkey are just WOOD, except EDa and a few young ones. Gökçen,Duygu,İpek,Bahar,Büşra :(

Polish NT has never had a real Middle.

though her set choices are good but Özge Çemberci has a terrible setter technique,she may have double-touch record..maybe Nilay can be an opponent to her.

i cant understand how Japan Nt can be succesful with this players like Saori etc.. :white: