2014 Winter Olympic Games - Sochi / Russia - 02/07

• For the end of that joke with Ladies' Figure Skating scores- very curious what will show Sotnikova in March during World Championships in Japan.. Player who "has" 74.64 and 149 can't have lower scores maybe -2 max -3.

We will see real performance there.

My goodness, you will be glad if 17 y.o. girl will fail? :down:

• Thanks for answering :super: Short Track is not a popular sport in Sweden, we're more into Ice-hokey, snowboarding stuff.

From your country I really like slopestyle freestyle skier Henrik Harlaut, he's so positive guy :thumbsup: I think that referees underestimated him :whistle: he got a pin from Jamaican olympic team because of his long thick dreads, most people didn't get it

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Who does say about fall? lol

We speak about scores for the same programs without falls.

Of course Russia will wish Her falls during WCH because without them World will see for sure lowers scores and of course only what Everyone knows now- joke with Gold.

• Thanks for answering :super: Short Track is not a popular sport in Sweden, we're more into Ice-hokey, snowboarding stuff.

Do you think short-track is suddenly a popular sport here?)) Of course, not. Majority of people still don't understand what's the hustle happening on ice) But An is winning medals, so it's a good sport now. When he'll retire, short-track will again be an exotic thing. The worst thing about Russia winning medal standings of this OG is that traditional sports are being lost here - hockey, skiing, speed skating, biathlon and foreigners were wininng in sports which no one practices really here, so this is one-off, something unnatural I would say.

• Haha, I like him too. His hair is just awesome. He's a talented skier so many people in sweden believe he will rock in the next olympic games. (He's only 22 years old right now)

I'm surprised that you mentioned him because one of my friends went to the same school (Gymnasium we call in Sweden...) with him in Åre.

• Who does say about fall? lol

We speak about scores for the same programs without falls.

Of course Russia will wish Her falls during WCH because without them World will see for sure lowers scores and of course only what Everyone knows now- joke with Gold.

I wasn't talking about falls, i said fail.
    Sotnikova doesn't have to prove anything to you or anyone else.

• I know what You wrote I only used difficult steps using by words.

Nobody cares as Nobody believe in fair Gold for Sotnikova.

If Korean press only criticized that ok They are angry. But USA, Canada, Japan, Finland where Figure Skating is on high level- that says everything.

• I spent all day trying to understand what exactly do they find unfair. But nobody gives a reason. probably Americans and Canadians haven't watched the event, but they always would think that Russian wining is unfair. Figure skating scores are available in their entirity now. If you can count, you'll see that this 0 you marked has lowed the total score of Kim's by 0.2 points. She lost by much more. Russian judge is bad? Ok, maybe, but 2 smallest scores are not counting! So what's the problem? Nobody whats to see that Adelina's program was way more difficult? Nobody cares about it - they all just know that Russian shouldn't have won! If Adelina was from Canada everyone would be 100% happy about this result! So that's the joke really?

• Unfortunately You don't understand or You don't want to what Everyone sees.

Here I will give 0, there not 3 but 2, here not 2 but 1, there not 3 but 1 and where is problem.. So typical for Russian judges because Everyone writes- again Russian judge...

Situation will be clear in March.

Short and Free Skat in Russia = Short and Free Skat in Japan = the same scores should be, shouldn't?

• Haha, I like him too. His hair is just awesome. He's a talented skier so many people in sweden believe he will rock in the next olympic games. (He's only 22 years old right now)

I'm surprised that you mentioned him because one of my friends went to the same school (Gymnasium we call in Sweden...) with him in Åre.

Switching channels, I just came across slopestyle during Olympic Games. I'm not so interested about this competition but I decided to watch it, then I saw Henrik, his runs were almost perfect, but in both had some problems especailly in last landing, but his tricks were one from the best, eventually he finished 6th. Moreover I'm so jealous about his dreads, they just rock 8o :roll: I guess you know that I also had dreads, but I had to cut them off about 1,5 years ago ;( now I'm growing my hair back, maybe in 5-6 years I'll get similar effect as Henrik :rolleyes:
    Nice to hear that your friend went with him to the same school :thumbsup:

• I really try to understand, but sadly what you write has no sense! Read the rules, 2 smallest scores are being discounted, so 1 even the most evil Russian judge can't effect the outcome even if he gives minus 3 on every element! And still he didn't! Only 1 time the score was different from the others as we see in that pict. That hasn't effected the result in the slightest - 0.2 in the most you can get from that. But still you insist that it's not Kim's fault, who decided to go for easier program because she out of form, she's really heavy and slow and couldn't make difficult combinations in the second part of the program, but bad Russians are to blame. Kim has lost it by herself! And the fact that she's firing all this nonsense means just she's a bad person and never was a true champion. That's all.
    Nothing that will happen in Japan will effect the result of this OG.
    I'm tired of you. Goodbye.

• Today Results:

Men's Slalom (Alpiune Skiing) gold and silver for Austria - Mario Matt and Marcel Hirscher, bronze for Henrik Kristoffersen (Norway). Second Run was so tough and from Top 8 in 1st Run, 4 of them didn't finish :whistle:

Men's Biathlon Relay 4x7,5 km - gold for Russia (Volkov/Ustyugov/Malyshko/Shipulin), silver for Germany (Peiffer/Boehm/Schempp/Lesser), bronze for Austria (Eder/Mesotisch.Sumann/Landertinger), Norawy only 4th - Svendsen spoilt effort of Tarjei and Johannes Boe (brothers) and Bjoerndalen.

Women's 30 km Mass (Cross Country) - medals for Norway - Marit Bjoergen, Therese Johaug and Astrid Jacobsen, Justyna Kowalczyk didn't finish because of pain in her foot.

Men's Ice Hockey - 3rd place for Finland - they smashed USA 5-0 :win:

Women's Parallel Slaom (Snowboard) - gold for Julia Dujmovits (Austria) - she's so pretty, check her photos :thumbsup: , silver and bronze for Germans Anke karstens and Amelie Kober (hats off for Kober, she got injured her arm during play-off Runs and despite of this got medla :thumbsup: ).

Men's Parallel Slaom (Snowboard) - second gold for Vic Wild (Russia, but from American, more about it wrote semisonic), silver for Zan Kosir (Slovenia), bronze for Benjamin Karl (Austria).

Men's Team Pursuit (Speed Skating) - gold for Netherlands (Verweij/Blokhuijsen/Kramer), silver for Korea (Joo/Kim/Lee), bronze for Poland (Bródka/Szymański/Niedźwiedzki).

Women's Team Pursuit (Speed Skating) - gold for Netherlands (Leenstra/Van Beek/Wust/Ter Mors), silver for Poland (Bachleda-Curuś/Złotkowska/Czerwonka/Woźniak), bronze for Russia (Graf/Skokova/Shikhova/Lobysheva) - here teams can have 1 reserve competitor and they could switch them in different runs, because of these combinations in each team all 4 girls could get medals.

Today we had also first two runs of Men's-4 Bobsleigh. Here Russia can be also on top, because their one bob is first (Zubkov/Voevoda/Trunenkov/Negodaylo).

We have 2 full sets of medals left (Cross Country - Men's 50 km Mass + Men's Bobsleigh-4) and one not full (gold and silver left in Ice Hockey Men's Final reserved for Sweden and Canada).

Now leader of medal table is Russia and they can win medal standings, the only threat is Norway - someone from them has to win 50 km, while in Bobseigh gold get anyone except Russia. STANDINGS

• Unfortunately You don't and won't understand.

One false score which shows corruption here is enough.

And of course WCH show nothing because Sotnikova maybe will get the same score but won't be there Kim where Her the same free skating maybe would get in Japan higher score than in Russia.

Putin won first Gold for Russia but only Russia is happy. Abroad knows the Truth.

• For sure You were drunk if You saw difficult steps sequence in Sotnikova's program.

:rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

Sorry to intrude with my super-biased opinion but Semisonic was apparently not the only drunkard on that day (note this is not from Russia Today :)):
    http://www.nytimes.com/interac…rc=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB&_r=2

When you think about subjective judgement in figure skating you should probably imagine playing volleyball without markings on the pitch. Instead, you have a set of judges who decide if the ball was in or out :).

It has always been that bad and it has always been "homeward" biased at pretty much any Olympics that I can recall. E.g. in Salt-Lake'2002, Russia suffered in favour of US in women's singles and made a massive fuss about it even threatening to quit the Games. The lesson to learn however was the following. Whenever you are competing with the home favorite, you should really on the complexity of your programme, i.e. boost the base value of your technical element score. You simply cannot rely on better skating skills as the refs can easily ignore this difference. Kim is a better skater than Sotnikova and looked fairly flawless but what she needed was a landslide win.

You are demonizing Putin. He cares only about the ice hockey and his personal role in history. Russian figure skating federation is generally influential worldwide plus there are sports authorities for whom the medals matter a lot.

• I really try to understand, but sadly what you write has no sense! Read the rules, 2 smallest scores are being discounted, so 1 even the most evil Russian judge can't effect the outcome even if he gives minus 3 on every element! And still he didn't! Only 1 time the score was different from the others as we see in that pict. That hasn't effected the result in the slightest - 0.2 in the most you can get from that. But still you insist that it's not Kim's fault, who decided to go for easier program because she out of form, she's really heavy and slow and couldn't make difficult combinations in the second part of the program, but bad Russians are to blame. Kim has lost it by herself! And the fact that she's firing all this nonsense means just she's a bad person and never was a true champion. That's all.
    Nothing that will happen in Japan will effect the result of this OG.
    I'm tired of you. Goodbye.

Well, 1 corrupt judge does make a difference, even if they are discounted, because they "protect" the otherwise bad scores. For example, say the Ukrainian judge (who was banned previously for being proven to fix scores in Nagano Olympics) acts badly. Even if his scores are thrown out, then it means that the "home favorite" scores from the Russian judge DON'T get thrown out. The counter is that there were no Korean or Italian judges in the final to give similar "home call" for their own skaters.

And I would say it's not even that Kim was underscored (Kostner was underscored by a bit), but that Sotnikova was highly overscored for the Performance Component Scores (where she shockingly/incorrectly came out ahead of Kostner and Kim).. The technical scores were very even, despite Sotnikova having more "difficult" jumps she did not really win the gold for those. Someone else said it better than me:
    "There is no doubt that Adelina is a marvellous, very promising young girl, technically fantastic, but at a sidereal distance from Yuna and Carolina as far as the Program Components are concerned. While Adelina just "skated" her planned program, both Carolina and Yuna expressed in the best possible way the art and the beauty of figure skating.

No fair judge with a minimum of competence on how to evaluate the Program Components could have awarded to Adelina higher marks in choreography, performance/execution, and interpretation of the music.

Nevertheless, several judges did. Two placed Adelina ahead of Yuna in Performance/Execution, four in Choreography and three in Interpretation. And the same happened with Carolina, who got lower marks from two judges in Performance/Execution, from five judges in Choreography, and from two in Interpretation. Can anyone explain to us why four judges placed Adelina ahead in every single component score, some of them with a difference of more than one point? "

I think it would take minor favoritism from Russian/Ukrainian judges (combined with "home ice" advantage") to come up with a score like this - because ice skating is very problematically a sport where being the home skater will give you points advantage -- I'm sure the same happened many times in the past, but I think it was really Kostner who was robbed here.

• If you have any slightest knowledge of maths, you would see that 2 judges couldn't possibly give such big advantage to a skater. You gotta search for some more corrupted judges to make the story believable in any sense.
    It's funny really, 2 victims they've found.
    Carolina Costner - never had technical difficulty in her programs. She managed to win tournaments without evr performing triple lutz. Her spins are incredibly weak for this level, but it didn't affect her wins. Why is that - because ISU allmighty president Ottavio Cinqvanta has always been doing good job with judges, Carolina has always been way overscores on the second mark.
    Yuna Kim - has Canadian money behind her, when tournaments are being held there she's winning 100% regardless of her skating. She has always been worse than Mao Asada, but always got way higher artistic impression score. She has probably thought that it will last until she's 80 years old.
    Those 2 throughout their career has gotten many doubtful medals. thankfully this didn't happen this time and the best skater on the day got the gold.

• One judge showed that Putin bought by money all judges.

Before competition Everyone knew that Pluschenko must be Champion. During Team competition He got so big scores for components that previous judges were in big shock about which say article higher.

So Sotnikova's fall would be only one and only STOP to Gold. She didn't fall She got historical and first Gold for Russia.

• Agree with Iceman with overscored Sotnikova's program. If You look for Kim's FS from Vancouver 150 pts and Her from Sochi 149 pts difference is big.

• powsoff

In the article is only speech of this guy about what He thinks. Past judges don't agree with Him.

Behind Him aren't Canadian money only Russian.

• If the fact that Putin buying judges by money is true, I would say the Sochi winter olympic games are definitely the worst olympic games in the olympic history. How could some president of a country intervene into sports? How irrational...