2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• Quoted from "Martin"

Has Nellie Spicer (now Nellie Coleman) ended her career as a player?

Looks like she has... I don't know her reasons but if nothing serious than it's really foolish from her to do that. She is a good setter, and has played in some good clubs.. I watched some matches from her in China this season and she was setting good, precise, lean, fast.. Sad she did not play more for NT, but I think she lost will to fight for a spot since Berg came back and Alisha became second choice.. If she was still there I guess she would go to London as second setter since she had good serve and defense and that was what Karch was looking for, for the double sub

[quote='Martin','index.php?page=Thread&postID=259656#post259656']Has Nellie Spicer (now Nellie Coleman) ended her career as a player?

http://www.portlandpilots.com/staff.aspx?staff=167 and http://www.portlandpilots.com/…4/3/14/VB_0314142811.aspx

I think her decision has something to do with settling down and have a family of her own. Playing overseas takes toll on relationships. I'm pretty sure she'll be a good coach though I wish that she waits till 2016 Rio where she has a real chance of getting a spot since Karch imposes a super fast set.

• Italian players Manuela Secolo(OH) and Laura Nicolini(MB) retire from volleyball.
    They were Italian Champions one year ago with Rebecchi Piacenza and this season they won Serie B1 with Bakery Piacenza. Secolo has also won several medals with Bergamo and Italy NT.

http://www.sportpiacenza.it/vo…zie.asp?s=129&n=83907&l=0

• I think this club is perfect for Karg's 1st club abroad. Well obviously it's not a big-named club with star players but she will be a leader there in the team. Besides Saskia Hippe had played for the team some years ago so It might have been a reason as well.

About Secolo and Nicolini - Grazie mille, donne... Secolo always has been a great player. I still rememeber her brilliant match against Brazil in WC 2007. Picci had an awful match and Italy was almost losing the set but Secolo saved Italy's b u t t.

• Good for them and strange decision form her. I mean she did pretty good in Montreux and with her club before so I expected playing in a better club and league

Schuschke-Voigt played there as middle blocker as well so might be that there is a good cooperation between German league/Czech league. Strange decision thought...as she had a chance to play in CL and this is not an incentive anymore. But we will see...any other transfers for Prostejov? And is Hippe fit again?

• Russian MB Irina Klimanova and Svetlana Chesnokova signed with Primorochka.

Olga Bukreeva (ex Russian NT OPP) continues her career in Leningradka Saint Petersburg.

• One of polish newspapers wrote that the second foreign OH next to Gina Mancuso in Tauron MKS Dabrowa Gornicza will be Belorussian Katsiaryna Zakreuskaya. Anyone know this player? How is she doing in reception?

• Sanja Popović in Budowlani Łódź :white:

I'm really surprised. Unexpectedly, Budowlani has made one of the best signings in Polish League. :whistle:

• Great transfer by Budowlani :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Sanja Popović in Budowlani Łódź :white:

I'm really surprised. Unexpectedly, Budowlani has made one of the best signings in Polish League. :whistle:

What a move by Łódź :white: I`m starting to be fan of this team :thumbsup:

• Logan Tom, famous American volleyball player, has decided to end her career. ;( ;( Logan will now start coaching career as she accepted offer from Stanford University. :)

• Havlickova again in Lokomotiv !! :super:

• Sanja Popovic going back to Poland is a great sign IMO. She had almost a season-off in Moscow so I assume her form has got down, therefore Lodz must be a great space to get her best form back. In Lodz, she won't have any pressures and she definitely will be the strongest weapon representing her team.

Players make silly decisions sometimes and her decision playing as 2nd OPP in Moscow was an awful idea overall.

So, Sanja is not free now and we only have Ivana Milos who's still a free player :D

• Sanja Popovic going back to Poland is a great sign IMO. She had almost a season-off in Moscow so I assume her form has got down, therefore Lodz must be a great space to get her best form back. In Lodz, she won't have any pressures and she definitely will be the strongest weapon representing her team.

Players make silly decisions sometimes and her decision playing as 2nd OPP in Moscow was an awful idea overall.

So, Sanja is not free now and we only have Ivana Milos who's still a free player :D

Yeah it was. I mean I can sometimes understand that like Kristin did it with Fener, strong league, CL and a chance to win both TL and CL, or if she was a back up to someone who she could've beaten for the starting position... but Obmochaeva, just not