2014 / 2015 Transfer News

• Destinee Hooker signed with Korean club IBK Altos

This a very interesting season in Hooker's career. The Korean League relies heavily on their foreigner for scoring and if she was released from a PR team, a Korean team will have very little patience for low production. I'd love to see her come back strong but this might not be greatest league for her to come back.

• This a very interesting season in Hooker's career. The Korean League relies heavily on their foreigner for scoring and if she was released from a PR team, a Korean team will have very little patience for low production. I'd love to see her come back strong but this might not be greatest league for her to come back.

It'll be a test for Hooker to be reliable hitter and scorer, I wonder how will she play there after these obstacles :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• her career is going down down down lol sad really she was of the best in 2012 now nobody wants her

After her marriage, drama on Internet, long break and failure in Puerto Rico her career went down without doubts, Korea is a chance for her. If she doesn't use it, it can be even worse in future, but I hope she still can bounce back :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• After her marriage, drama on Internet, long break and failure in Puerto Rico her career went down without doubts, Korea is a chance for her. If she doesn't use it, it can be even worse in future, but I hope she still can bounce back :roll:

Hooker is not yet a tested scoring machine in the professional and NT though she was in the collegiate level. She's reliant on fast set which I doubt will be given to her regularly in Korea. The real test for her to get back in her old form is not to be hired by top clubs but getting back in the starting position in NT. If she snatch it back from Murphy then professional clubs will follow...

• say that again, somebody who was MVP of Grand Prix and best spiker in World Cup and 2012 Olympic games is not yet international proven ??? And some how Kelly Murphy is siting on the bench in Novara, really great reasoning.

• I still think she can find her good form but with her dramatic mentality, not sure having her is a good idea... She will never make it to Italy again due to the problems with italian coaches and in Brazil she left her club due to her fight with her boyfriend. But well, in Korea she's such a rock star, they will probably serve her as a queen or something, good for her. I hope Karch chooses Murphy and either Fawcett or Klineman as Opps for upcoming WCH this autumn.

• what fight with boyfriend? She finished her season there, actually she nail it, if she was not playing Osasco will not win. And Italy being mediocre league now is not big waist for her.
    Not having her in team Karch will not have difficult mentality but also will not have strong scoring machine, and neither of her subs are even close to her. You get some you lose some.

• what fight with boyfriend? She finished her season there, actually she nail it, if she was not playing Osasco will not win. And Italy being mediocre league now is not big waist for her.
    Not having her in team Karch will not have difficult mentality but also will not have strong scoring machine, and neither of her subs are even close to her. You get some you lose some.

She missed a few games during season because she fought with her boyfriend (now husband) and injuried her hand...she even came back to the States during that time....than she returned and played the finals...

indeed she was really important for Osasco....but Im with Emil...she is to much trouble....even if she can deliver...I dont know...I have my doubts if its profit to have her in the team.

• the concrn with hooker is not on her attitude but on whether she can still play at 2010-2012 levels. having a crazy player on a team like dominican is disastrous since they have a bad system and a terrible coach but on a very efficient organization like us wnvt they'll be able to neutralize her crazyness in other words on a strong team 1 crazy person is alright what would be disastrous is if here would be 3 crazy persons then that would be chaos.

regarding worthiness among the recent players of usa, hooker and akinradewo are the only 2 players who have proven their worth on an nt and club team level, larson her greatest games like the cl semis against fener or cl finals against vakif were done in kazan uniform but in nt she hasnt shown that type of performance yet.

• We all know that Hooker has surrounding drama but what I am more concerned about is her physical shape. Two seasons off from the NT, maternity leave, and then being released from a lower league like PR doesn't sound good for her physical form. Foreigners are expected to score 20-40 points a match in Korea. That's a lot for someone who has not yet reached their previous form. I have no doubt she still has the physical ability it's just a matter of if she is healthy and how long it will take her to reach her old form. Korean teams have released foreigners in the past for not producing. It will be an interesting season to say the least. I hope she comes back strong because for her all her drama she is still an amazing player.