Russian NT 2014

• I don't understand Russian and Google translator ain't that smart...Can you possibly explain her declaration?

• Nastya Bavykina is out? I'm not sure if I understood right...both Kutyukova and Morozova will undergo medical examination...

• There are 15 players mentioned here:
    S: Kosianenko, Startseva
    OP: Gamova, Malykh, Obmochaeva
    OH: Kosheleva, Pasynkova, Shcherban
    MB: Shlyakhovaya, Podskalnaya, Fetisova, Moroz, Zaryazhko
    L: Kryuchkova, Malova

So Obmochaeva is considered as OH and last player to cut is MB.

Oh, I see that Kutyukova with Morozova are still in game;, so it gives 17 players overall ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• I don't understand Russian and Google translator ain't that smart...Can you possibly explain her declaration?

Marichev says:"Lyuba is highly professional, she's very critical to herself. She thinks that her current form is far from conditions Russian NT demand. She would like to help the team, but today it's not in hers powers. The end of club season she spent with injury. Recovering from that took some considerable amount of time. Now Lyuba has to get into shape that she would consider optimal. And right now she thinks that she would only take someone's place in the NT"

• Marichev says:"Lyuba is highly professional, she's very critical to herself. She thinks that her current form is far from conditions Russian NT demand. She would like to help the team, but today it's not in hers powers. The end of club season she spent with injury. Recovering from that took some considerable amount of time. Now Lyuba has to get into shape that she would consider optimal. And right now she thinks that she would only take someone's place in the NT"

Now that we get the confirmation that Sokolova is out, it is even more imperative for Kutyukova to be back in the team. I admit I was one of the first to dismiss her, but after Russian reception in WGP, I think Russian reception needs to be improved considerably and now that Goncha is playing as OH.

Re Russian MBs, if Morozova is not 100% ready to play, then it's best if Marichev will not bring her to Italy. Fetisova is a really good replacement IMO, her lack of attack will be less of an issue especially so if she will be in the same rotation as Gamova.

• Marichev says:"Lyuba is highly professional, she's very critical to herself. She thinks that her current form is far from conditions Russian NT demand. She would like to help the team, but today it's not in hers powers. The end of club season she spent with injury. Recovering from that took some considerable amount of time. Now Lyuba has to get into shape that she would consider optimal. And right now she thinks that she would only take someone's place in the NT"

I wouldn't expect such an attitude from Sokolova :white: Respect :thumbup:

• Good attitude by Sokolova - she knows that she doesn't deserve for a place right now so she just gave up so as to give other mates a chance :thumbup:

Anyway Russian reception is terrible so IMHO Kutyukova should be back, especially if Obmochaeva is back as OH, then probably Shcherban is out because Marichev still believes in Pasynkova though she struggled a lot throughout WGP...

Bavykina had been cut before, but it's not a surprise here...

But still the hardest thing is MBs case - Moroz joined to the competition and Morozova still has chances, but she's not 100% ready. In this case I would cut her, while 2nd cut is a bit more complicated, but I would still cut Moroz, because other girls were in team whole summer, while Shlyakhovaya is the best MB after Morozova and she must be in Italy.

• I hope Pasynkova play very well, because it will be the replacement of Lyuba. She has a good reception and can improve the attack. Do not like the idea of putting together as Kosheleva Ombochaeva and OH. It is very dangerous. Marichev Pasynkova trust, and hope she is prepared to place Sokolova. In the Grand Prix she was not as good in attack, but in the last game against China showed that as the tip has a better attack / very well in reception and blocking.

What I think the technical Marichev does wrong, is that when Pasynkova misses 1 or 2 receptions, he substitute another player, causing her to lose confidence during the match. I think she even missing a bit, he should trust her and pass that confidence. Play World Cup is another level.

Kosheleva Pasynkova and OH were double winners of the European Cup. I think they all have two to become World Champions too, with Gamova playing as OPP. Let Obmochaeva as a reserve.

• I think it is a bit too early to judge but I would like to see Obmachaeva receiving when the WCH starts. Some players might be surprisingly good in a short time. Lets see how she receives first and if she is that bad, Marichev will always have Pasynkova or Scherban as alternatives. To me, the biggest problem with Obmachaeva-Kosheleva duo is back line defense or lets say no defense :lol:

• I think that Kutyukova may be called because of her passing/back row skills. IMHO having Kosheleva, Obmochaeva, Pasynkova and Shcherban as OHs will be a bit too risky, but I'm not a coach and I don't know how does situation look like on training camp...

• I think it is a bit too early to judge but I would like to see Obmachaeva receiving when the WCH starts. Some players might be surprisingly good in a short time. Lets see how she receives first and if she is that bad, Marichev will always have Pasynkova or Scherban as alternatives. To me, the biggest problem with Obmachaeva-Kosheleva duo is back line defense or lets say no defense :lol:

Pasynkova/Obmochaeva can always trade places as second OH as needed.. This is where ideally Kutykuova can come in handy, tho she has to be substituted when in the front row obviously for attacking/blocking purposes.

• I hope Pasynkova play very well, because it will be the replacement of Lyuba. She has a good reception and can improve the attack. Do not like the idea of putting together as Kosheleva Ombochaeva and OH. It is very dangerous. Marichev Pasynkova trust, and hope she is prepared to place Sokolova. In the Grand Prix she was not as good in attack, but in the last game against China showed that as the tip has a better attack / very well in reception and blocking.

What I think the technical Marichev does wrong, is that when Pasynkova misses 1 or 2 receptions, he substitute another player, causing her to lose confidence during the match. I think she even missing a bit, he should trust her and pass that confidence. Play World Cup is another level.

Kosheleva Pasynkova and OH were double winners of the European Cup. I think they all have two to become World Champions too, with Gamova playing as OPP. Let Obmochaeva as a reserve.

Yes I think the 'real' game of Pasynkova really showed in the match against China. She showed much power and variation in her attack, and she was, as per, Paul Sunderland, a "lights-out" passer whatever that means :lol:

• I don't think Kutyukova is a weak attacker. In fact i think she has one of the most if not the most powerful arm on the team. She may not jump as high as the others, and is not as tall as them but she certainly is not a player who has to be substituted in the front row. She had a rough season with the NT but that's it. She is a good player, both in attack and reception

• Just thinking if Russia wins WCH, gamova will be the first player i think that have won gold in three consecutive editions. If she wins another MVP, then that is really an amazing feat.

I know we have done this multiple times but let me post my ideal lineup:
    Pasynkova/Obmochaeva*-Fetisova-Gamova
    Startseva-Shlyakhovaya-Kosheleva

I wonder if Marichev will apply double-sub since we have Gamova always on the court... which brings me to my next point re Malykh, as much as I like her, I really think she will be underused in this tournament. I really don't see her fit as OH because in terms of attack power, arguably Obmochaeva is better than her and when it comes to reception, Pasynkova is better. Re MBs, if Morozova is not going to play (I think 90%) Shlyakhovaya is the best Russian MB and she should be Marichev's first choice. Moroz is not NT material I think but we'll see. Second MB is a toss up between Podskalanaya and Fetisova but I prefer the latter. But I think the biggest question is who will be main setter now that Gamova is back with the team, I know Gamova can hit most balls but you can't deny she and Startseva already has that connection from years of playing together. Lastly, I want to discuss about Russia's morale coming into this tournament. Obviously, they together w/ Brazil are the favourites to win. I really think they are really motivated to defend their crown, and especially to Gamova, the loss at London OG, add to the fact the recent comments of other coaches :whistle: Many are saying the odds are against this Russian team and this might be true, but when it comes to spirit, I think this Russian team is second to none.

• Just thinking if Russia wins WCH, gamova will be the first player i think that have won gold in three consecutive editions. If she wins another MVP, then that is really an amazing feat.

If you refer only to WCH maybe yes, but several Cuban players won 3 consecutive Olympic gold medals in 1992, 1996 and 2000.